Ask the Experts / Kumba's Hack Tips

• Phatage%s's Photo
    Around ride entrance banners and ride exits/entrances, now that you bring it up. Which qftb was it, maybe I can see if it is the same thing.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    It was in Terra Firma - the invert round.

If you scroll around, you should see some of the banners giving off little white bits every now and then.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Yes, it is indeed the same problem, but the flashes aren't as frequent yet. Can somebody try and fix it on Turtle's park and tell me how to do it?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Thats one weird ass glitch, i'll try a few things on it, but good luck fixing it
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I never said anything about it, and no one seems to have noticed it yet...

It's not even as if I hacked lots on that area, no more than any other area i've ever made. Probably less, actually. So I have no idea what is the cause of it, and I never found a way around it.

Sorry I can't help more. Good luck with it.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    and could someone tell me how to get that error

no i'm not making fun. this is meant to be a serious question.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    That's what I'm trying to figure out. Turtle, do you remember doing any specific hacks to it that you usually don't do?
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    The only hack that I did on that coaster that I had never done before and never since is the spare train hack by doing the reverse lift mode, then stop, then sink scenery (i think?). Maybe I did it wrong?

That's the only thing I did on that, apart from zero clearances. Hope that helps.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    This probably isn't helping, but I noticed the glitch in Terra Firma like when it was first released. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, couldn't you just live with it for now?
  • Phatage%s's Photo

The only hack that I did on that coaster that I had never done before and never since is the spare train hack by doing the reverse lift mode, then stop, then sink scenery (i think?). Maybe I did it wrong?

That's the only thing I did on that, apart from zero clearances. Hope that helps.

View Post

Dammit, I think that is the problem. I'll go and see, thank you for your help.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    It actually wasn't the problem, but I did manage to get it fixed though. I woudn't have been able to if you didn't point the banner thing out Turtle, so I fixed Terra Firma and I'll send it to you if you want.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Mind telling us how to fix it?
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I'm afraid I don't possess RCT2 for the time being, but keep hold of that version, just in case. Thanks very much. Glad to be of help.

If you want to pay me back, go win the Pro Tour!
  • Phatage%s's Photo

If you want to pay me back, go win the Pro Tour!

View Post

umm, ok sure.

Kumba, I'll give you a week to figure it out on your own ;)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I found it like an hour after I posted. Don't build signs when your at 0 cleanance, and don't build on them.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Weird glitch I just ran into in my PT2... I've got a white PATH. :lol: I'm not even sure how it happened exactly, but I've got a ghost path that is technically nothing. If I put another path on top of it, the path remains ghosted and unusable (peeps will not cross it). Furthermore, I can raise land up and down to bury it and unbury it at will. I can put another scenery piece on top.

But I can't seem to get rid of it. Very weird.

It's not affecting the saved game itself right now, and I hope it doesn't end up crashing the file later on, but yeah... anyone ever run into this?
  • Levis%s's Photo

Weird glitch I just ran into in my PT2... I've got a white PATH.  :lol:  I'm not even sure how it happened exactly, but I've got a ghost path that is technically nothing.  If I put another path on top of it, the path remains ghosted and unusable (peeps will not cross it).  Furthermore, I can raise land  up and down to bury it and unbury it at will.  I can put another scenery piece on top.

But I can't seem to get rid of it.  Very weird.

It's not affecting the saved game itself right now, and I hope it doesn't end up crashing the file later on, but yeah... anyone ever run into this?

View Post

I've had it lots of time, mostly I take the path edite (that you can build path whit those arrows :p )and first build a path over it and remove it again after it. mostly it is gone then :) .

a reason of this could be that you had a invisible path an build an other kind of path over it while zero clearence was on (I mostly get it then :( ).

Edited by Levis, 03 January 2006 - 03:35 AM.

• egg_head%s's Photo
    exact. Rebuild and delete should help you cork.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Way to not read guys. :p

If I put another path on top of it, the path remains ghosted and unusable (peeps will not cross it).

Wouldn't have posted if I hadn't tried all the obvious "fixes" already. :lol:

Anyway, I decided to build a path next to that square instead, so I came up with my own modified "fix." It doesn't correct the problem... just bypasses it.

Although if anyone has another way to get rid of that white path, that'd be pretty cool. Preferably one that doeson't involve building a path over it, then deleting, then rebuilding... cuz I've already tried all forms of that. ;)
  • RCTDude2316%s's Photo
    i just wanna ask, the the invisble track worked with up slope and down sloped turns

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading