(Archive) Advertising District / Glaubensunwilligkeit

• Dimi%s's Photo
    This is my very first attempt at LL, I hope you like it. Criticism and tips are always appreciated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't know much yet about LL. Can someone tell me how I can make ride supports invisible?
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    The second screen is pure rct gold.
  • h3r3stheKrak3n.%s's Photo
    It looks good, but a little to "spacy" for me, very unusual. And what do you mean with the name "Glaubensunwilligkeit"? :D It means "Not wanting to believe" in German, but it's a very unusual word...
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Second screen is brilliant. The first is just codex for no reason.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Looks fantastic...particularly for your first venture into LL. But, change the name...I had to take pain meds for my tongue after trying to say it.
  • Tolsimir%s's Photo
    ^it's simple German ;D
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    You and LL!? I'm surprised, and the screens honestly look better than I'd expect as well! Especially the second one is very nice. However I think you need to learn where to use codex and where not too; I agree with Louis on this. Too many random objects in the first screen.

Overall a good job, especially considering this is your first LL attempt! :nod:
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    I'm not a huge fan of either screen tbh. The first is a mess of random objects and codex work while the second also seems to lack some focus. It's probably just my prefered styles kicking in, but I find the second screen busy and lacking in aesthetic balance. The building just seems piled with objects and it has no room to breathe. Sorry. It's good for a first try, but I'd say you should work on finding a way to create a cleaner aesthetic and more harmony in your work.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Second screen = Awesome
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Both Screens = Awesome
  • posix%s's Photo
    I think it's very beautiful. And creative.

The most beautiful though is "Glaubensunwilligkeit". Fantastic, wherever you caught that up.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    first attempt !?

damn, really brilliant for me. especially rapid with waterjet :drool:
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    I didn't expect so many positive reactions, thank you! :D

@H3r3sth3Krak3n.: what do you mean with 'spacy'? I'd rather say it's cramped. I learned the word 'glaubensunwilligkeit' in college and I immediatly fell in love with it. You could say I didn't want the believe that LL could be aesthetically beautiful as well, untill I saw Loopy's recent screens. Then I decided I should give it a try myself and pay more attention to other's LL.
    @ Louis!: I don't even know how codex works, it's simply stacked with the beast trainer, but I see what you mean and I think you're right. Although I prefer details to make every building unique, the first screen was just a little experimenting with the stack function and zero clearence. I'll remove the unnecessary objects.
    @ Liampie: me too, see answers above.
    @ Robbie92: of course both screens are just experiments and finding harmony is exactly what I'm trying to learn with this, but I don't fully agree with your reply. The plaza before the building (station) could use some more air and the buildings in the first screen are a mess indeed, but I dont see what's wrong with the station.
    @ pierrot: I was pretty proud of the waterjets myself! :p

Edit: isn't there somebody who wants to tell me how to remove ride supports? You can't simply place an square object underground like in rct2...
  • K0NG%s's Photo

The most beautiful though is "Glaubensunwilligkeit".

The only reason you say that is because it caused me physical pain. C'mon..."Glaubensunwilligkeit" and "beautiful" simply do not belong in the same universe, let alone the same sentence.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I didn't want the believe that LL could be aesthetically beautiful as well, untill I saw Loopy's recent screens. Then I decided I should give it a try myself and pay more attention to other's LL.

You should check out some older LL parks as well. The Aegean, Disney's Movie Magic, Audrix Towers, Kitabasaki Dragonland (!), Ouest, Atlas Infinitum, Sea World Atlanta, Cajamarca 1532 and that kind of stuff. There are so many great parks left to discover for you! I'm sure they will inspire you.

Edit: isn't there somebody who wants to tell me how to remove ride supports? You can't simply place an square object underground like in rct2...

Fultile flowerboxes work, but I think you need codex to lower them. Chairlift track works as well.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    ^^looks like someone is having a little of a culture shock xd

I like the screens though I don't like the bends going over in wood and then in water again
  • JDP%s's Photo
    great start... just dont try so hard next time. LL is loved by creativity, not details.
    -JDP
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    That looks terribly nice.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo

The only reason you say that is because it caused me physical pain. C'mon..."Glaubensunwilligkeit" and "beautiful" simply do not belong in the same universe, let alone the same sentence.

Same thing with K0NG and peace.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Cheers for the comments again!

@ Liampie: I thought I'd discover a whole new world of fantastic parks but actually I liked none of those parks (I only couldn't find Ouest). Of course some of them had some amazing hacks and tricks in it, but they were all so incredibly boring and dead... Maybe I'm just too rct2-minded, but I really didn't like those enormous areas full of almost identical, simple buildings and empty landscapes. But thank you for the flower box tip, it works. Actually the whole codex thing is much more easy to work with than I expected.
    @ chorkiel: I don't like the bends either but I believe it's a glitch you can't avoid and I think it's worth it.
    @ JDP: my only aim is to make something aesthetically beautiful, but I agree the buildings on the first screen were too (unnecessarily) detailled.

Traumdeutung is my first supported LL coaster. I also experimented a bit with trackitecture for the station and codex to lower and remove the supports.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm having lots of fun with this. It's awesome how fast and easy it is to build stuff like this, it could be finished in a couple of weeks. Comments and suggestions appreciated as always!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading