RCT Discussion / GigaG's Design Contest

• GigaG%s's Photo
    Pre-Designs are simply extras. Being rather unrealistic, they sit in our RCT2 folders. Mainly, n00bs will use them, but they will produce horrible parks as a result. With jag's scenario contest, I was thinking that maybe we at NE could give the pre designs some more attention by giving them some NE style - theme them or even support them - and then see who did the best job of turning these rather useless RCT2 features into NE-quality work (or at least closer to NE-quality than Chris Sawyer). Who thinks this is a decent idea?

READ-

The original post does not apply - the designs we will use will be custom designs.
    EDIT-Contest Changed

Contestants - Coupon

Judges - rct2isboss
    RCTMASTA
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    ...what?
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    ^ I think he means use the pre made tracks that come with the game. Just use the layouts and support and theme them.
  • MEGAMINDY%s's Photo
    i think it will be fun to work on, if its just one coaster
  • mardy%s's Photo
    Yeah... This coud be fun
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Cool idea.
    Edit: I recon the Six Flags pre designs won't count?
  • RRP%s's Photo
    The layouts are terrible though along with the pacing.Why would you waste your time?
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    ^That's the challenge.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeah but it's not a challenge, it's just taking a pre-built track and theming it.

I know I'd far rather theme something decent.

Why not just have someone build a decent layout or two and have everyone try and make the best with one of them if you want a contest like this.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Building in the premade scenarios is one thing, but theming premade design is a bad idea. I am with Louis and RRP on this one
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    OK. Louis is right-we need to build better layouts.
  • Cena%s's Photo

RRP your dickhead. He said it the first time.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    ^I mean that Louis' idea was better - RRP did not suggest making better layouts and having a contest with those. Stop trying to start flamewars.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeah Cena, it was my suggestion, calm down a bit.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    Who could help me host the contest?
  • mardy%s's Photo
    So we have to theme a design That's already in the game?
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo

Who is we? You and Louis!? No, sorry. I wouldnt take your layout either would practically anybody on here. Trust me. Stick to trying to become better rather than trying to start useless contest. Want a contest? Build a better park and show your abilities. I know I'm not the best but still. Come on.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    I was thinking that I build a different layout and we all theme it the best we can.
  • Chillsons%s's Photo
    I kinda agree with rct2isboss, but It does sound quite fun.
  • Cena%s's Photo

Who is we? You and Louis!? No, sorry. I wouldnt take your layout either would practically anybody on here. Trust me. Stick to trying to become better rather than trying to start useless contest. Want a contest? Build a better park and show your abilities. I know I'm not the best but still. Come on.

You are the last one that should critisizing GigaG, because you send all the good hackers a PM, with questions you could have answered yourself, after that you start 2 !!! topics about the subject, where you still doesn't want to listen to our advice.

I am done with you and you won't be getting any advice from me again.

*god, i feel good now that i have said that*

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading