RCT Discussion / GigaG's Design Contest

• Hex%s's Photo
    ^AMEN. :mantis:
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    I just need a few judges - with my standards, I don't think judging is good for me.

And also, I was a worse n00b when I started (and in some respects, I still am a n00b). Being nicer to new guys is, in my opinion, NE's weak spot.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    To be fair, you two have made it incredibly hard to be nice to. Positive reinforcement doesn't work when you don't do anything positive.
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    Haha what the fuck. Cena, honestly you just try to be an asshole and suicidecars what the fuck have you done? And I made a topic about ghost objects and one on Track merging. Also, this really doesnt interest me. And thank you to Midnight aurora, you actually know something that works. I will judge but any building for this contest no.
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    Hey GigaG, I will judge/enter if you need me to. :D
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    ^What would you rather do? I'd prefer you judge.

Any other people on this contest?
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I'm not.

In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing this topic closed.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    If more than two people finish and its of ANY decent quality, I will eat my keyboard and post a video of it happening.
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    I'll do this, I want to see Austin eat his keyboard. :p
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I actually joined this contest because I thought it would be a cool idea to keep me busy. However it turned into a fucking bitchfest including Cena, the uncrowned king of bitchfestland, so I'm out of this competition.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Wow guys, why do you have to have so many issues ...

As unexpected as it may sound, but this contest actually strikes a chord with me, as in the very very back of my mind, where I store the thought of the moment of having another contest at NE, the idea that this contest would have to have strong standardisation so that the different performances submitted could actually be compared properly, is resting.

A post by Liampie convinced me of this that I found quite inspiring:

And Liampie, why a bench? I think that takes away all creativity, and forces builders to build uglier with objects they don't like. Atleast all the fun for me is gone then.

Why?
    - More equal chances for each participator
    - To 'seperate' contest entries from accolade submissions. Otherwise you could submit a contest park to the accolade panel for higher winning chances or submit any project for the contest.
    - To make sure each submission wasn't started before the contest
    - Because limitations boost creativity. Not having my own benches during H2H5 helped me a lot.

To add, I like the idea of having an official contest layout released that people then take and theme to an objective, for example "best <insert culture here> theme".

For layout designers, I would suggest consulting JDP, CP6 and geewhzz.
  • Cena%s's Photo

If more than two people finish and its of ANY decent quality, I will eat my keyboard and post a video of it happening.

How would you type in youtube.com in your browser then?
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    ^On screen keyboard?
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    To be honest GigaG, this is a pretty bad time to start a contest, not just because of the scenario contest, but also the bridge contest that just happened.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    Anybody want to participate?
  • Flap%s's Photo
    No, Cause i can't find a layout i want to pick, first come up with some really great things to turn even in a Design before i even think of participate, i think this contest was lost it's idea by the openingpost already...
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Wow, I never knew a decent idea for a contest could turn into a topic full of shit left, right and centre.
    I'm getting sick of pretty much every other topic getting out of hand with insults thrown at everyone.

Giga G - I advise that you PM JDP or someone to ask if they will supply a layout. Then you have a layout to make the contest more appealing. Then provide a set-theme or an objective of some sort and a deadline, then i'll enter, along with whoever decides to take interest.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    ^it might be interesting to make the design able for LL and rct2, so everyone can take their best shot !
  • RRP%s's Photo
    2 woodiesAttached File  tracks.zip (939bytes)
    downloads: 127
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    ^OK, those are approved.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading