RCT Discussion / GigaG's Design Contest

• posix%s's Photo
    post screenshots of both layouts and let people decide which one will be gone for. then have object people create you a good bench. decide on a deadline and post the the td6 and sv6 in a zip which officially launches the contest and countdown.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Hah. I was looking through this topic and thinking that it's a good idea. Good call Posix!
  • mardy%s's Photo
    yeah... listen to posix GigaG. then i might wanna join.
  • Chillsons%s's Photo
    Maybe I will join, got nothing else to do in my spare time.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I'd like a contest like this, it'll be good to get some inspiration.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    1_
    Attached Image: 1a.jpg
    Attached Image: 1b.jpg
    Attached Image: 1cd.jpg

2_
    Attached Image: 2a.jpg
    Attached Image: 2b.jpg
    Attached Image: 2cd.jpg
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Wait a sec... Those ones are the ones you advertised for your solo. Please don't tell me that's cancelled.
  • RRP%s's Photo

Wait a sec... Those ones are the ones you advertised for your solo. Please don't tell me that's cancelled.

1 was for the wooden support objects that never got done and the other was from the solo yea. You know me though, I have a bit of inspiration and build on a idea,show a few screens then leave it at that.
    I have to give a project 100% commitment to follow it through. But I usually play RCT when i have no design jobs so as soon as another one comes up the rct project dies.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    I think people should be able to choose a bench. I just need more contestants.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    :'( at RRP's lack of project... w.i.p. was my most-anticipated prospect of 2011
  • nin%s's Photo
    my vote goes for the first one.
  • mardy%s's Photo
    First one for me
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    First is better, I never particularly liked the second, but the second would probably be less difficult to theme, and theme well
  • posix%s's Photo
    that's indeed sad rrp.

so first it is? i really think it should be a standardised bench with a good and up to date selection of objects. if everyone has the same objects to use, you can more clearly see who does a better job.

anyone volunteering to create a bench for this?
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    ^wait till Kong's comes out. It is going to be the shit. :D
  • posix%s's Photo
    k0ng, would you be interested to have your bench tested out for this contest?
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    ^ I doubt K0NG would want to have anything to do with me. But, hey - I'm not the crazy ape playing RCT while hanging off the Empire State Building :).
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Actually, I wouldn't mind a bit. Only thing....I'm not sure when it'll be ready. Between making new objects, re-aligning/modifying existing objects and then the actual object selection and creating new tabs for everything...it's quite an endeavor and quite time-consuming. So, it could be anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. My priority is getting it right and having no regrets.
    Maybe GigaG can set up a poll.........
  • posix%s's Photo
    Okay, didn't Louis release a bench recently that could be used?
  • nin%s's Photo
    yes he did, here.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading