Related Games / Roller Coaster Tycoon World announced for PC

• Roomie%s's Photo

Yeah neither game is made for us... But neither was RCT2... RCT2 had no custom objects when it came out. At all. We had to do that ourselves. 

I tell you what though. The graphics on Coaster Park Tycoon are excellent.

10974523_623606234410582_589065163821803

• csw%s's Photo

Gotta love hubcap-sized floating coins

• Lotte%s's Photo

wow that actually looks pretty cool, if you can actually build stuff like that on your own in a sorta similar way to rct2 and 3 that could turn out to be a great game. 

• nin%s's Photo

That's actually a screenshot from Frontier's Kinect Disneyland Adventures game.

• robbie92%s's Photo

My sister has that game. It's uncanny how well they replicated Disneyland.

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Well that sucks. It's been going around Facebook all day.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I figured the 'Aladdin' sign in the archway would've given it away :p
  • G Force%s's Photo

http://www.rollercoa...on-blog-post-3/

Ouch, that screenshot looks like its from 2005...  Oh well, didn't have much expectation for the game anyways.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

At least it looks like there'll be some level of customisation though. That at least is promising.

"We noticed a number of fans asking about custom scenery and whether or not there will be any in RCTW. The answer is a complicated one, as it can be divided into two categories. In one category, you have the ability to take pieces of buildings (roofs, walls, floors, etc.) and place them within the game to create new objects and scenery. The second is the ability to create your own textures and objects outside of the game and import them in. We really want both but we will not have enough time to finish implementation before launch. We will instead be providing them as a free updates to all players once the features are ready. Additionally, there is a heavy dependence on a special feature from one of our partners and, without giving too much away, we think it will change the longevity of the game dramatically by really giving people even more of a reason to build amazing things on their own and share them with the world than ever before. We know how important this is to our most dedicated fans."

• Cocoa%s's Photo

yay...?

I hope nedesigns is that secret partner.

Actually I don't. LLLL2222

Edit: every blog post makes me less and less excited. It seems like the author is trying to sneak his way around suggesting that they've just dramatically cut features left right and center. Three whole types of track?? Wow so generous. It also seems like he's secretly trying to imply that they're under a lot of pressure to meet deadlines as a sort of pre-apology for all these cuts. Poor devs. Also that screen is fucking ugly. Could easily be rct3...

• Louis!%s's Photo

That screen is worse than RCT3, that's the big issue. And I don't mean worse than what people can do with RCT3 now, I mean worse than what RCT3 looked like when it first came out.

• amblerk%s's Photo

I fear this will be dreadful, just like the others, for me it ended with RCT2. They will never replicate the sort of 2d/3d engine which makes the game so playable, in the way that we play it. They don't design strategy games like that any more in my opinion, and they are made more sort of childish almost. I can't say I will be holding out any hopes for this whatsoever, I don't know if I'm being a little cynical but just what I think.

• Roomie%s's Photo

I tried to have high hopes for this game.... but 3 track types? THREE!!!!

What the hell? thats just awful.

The coaster editor sounds pretty good but with only 3 track types I've lost all interest.

Even the original Theme Park had 2.

I'm not too fussed about the gfx. I mean they have to make it resonably mass marketable and make it run on lower end machines but the lack of features is killing it completely.

• RCTER2%s's Photo

I really hope some indie game developer make an open rct (like open ttd) which has 2.5D same pixel style and object editor so that you can make everything you like in a map without the 256 limitation and no need to import using other software..

I found a lot of information with google but it seems very far from completion..

https://www.google.e...ercoastertycoon

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    OpenRCT2 and FreeRCT. Look into both.
  • nin%s's Photo

looks fine to me.

Qjwxyji.png

• Stoksy%s's Photo

^So beautifully accurate.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Perfect.

• Steve%s's Photo

fuck nin.

• Steve%s's Photo

Also, does nin stand for the band Nine Inch Nails? Who the shit even likes them anymore.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading