Related Games / Roller Coaster Tycoon World announced for PC

• Ling%s's Photo
    Honestly, I think if all the graphics in the game would have the level of quality that lift hill sequence had, I'd be sold for that alone. Well, and it would have to be highly customizable too. When it hit the top of the hill, I had to pause and observe what things looked like before they changed it, and really, I wasn't impressed.

It was a POV video...

EDIT: It's from Goliath at SFMM.

• render8%s's Photo

^I know, but it's a shame the rest of the game couldn't look like that. It would be possible to get close I think to that level of realism with todays hardware, but I don't always base my decisions about games based on that alone. If it's not fun, then no level of realism is gonna make it any better. I am a bit confused why they used a POV video for that first part, then switch to the actual game. Like it wasn't pretty obvious with the fancy switch over at the top of the hill.

EDIT - thanks for letting me know where it was from. I wonder how many first time RCT players would know that by watching the video.

• Christipher%s's Photo

Another thing, its probably in alpha stages as well.  It will eventually head towards the beta stage which might be lots better than now...

• RCTER2%s's Photo

Don't have too much hope on this :)

• Ling%s's Photo

Even NL2 is just barely approaching "not sure if it's NoLimits or a real ride POV" territory and it was in development for years. So Atari (who has no funding and only works on mobile platforms now) in combination with... I don't remember their name, who have only worked on like five or six games in the history of the company... We will not get photorealistic anything. We can at best hope they just use the resources from RCT3 and make tweaks.

• -Piggynator-%s's Photo

So... will NE be accepting parks from RCTW or am I a bit too hasty on this one?

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Now you guys mentioned it I see the lifthill isn't ingame footage, which I feel a fool for not seeing it before :p

That makes it worse as the part after the lifthill kinda blows. I much prefer rct3 to that amateur crap, even if it's in alpha stages. I mean, for example Heroes of the Storm is in alpha stages and looks like a full game already almost. When companies present new games it should at least look like how it's roughly gonna be and I don't have high hopes atm for this game. Guess I'll just stick to rct2/3.

And piggy, I don't think so. It hasn't even accepted rct3 parks which is kind of a bummer for me personally as I like to play it as much as rct2, but can't showcase my work around here. Ah well..

• FullMetal%s's Photo

And here I thought the tycoon/sandbox genre was dead.

• Psi%s's Photo

Maybe it is just the cynic in me, but I doubt this game will even have walls and roves.

• Meretrix%s's Photo

Wow! And I thought the franchise was dead. If only I had time to play this game.

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    It's too early for me to see anything. There's a reason it's called a teaser trailer. Just to let you know it's coming. I'm fine they used real footage. They apparently aren't far enough along to showcase it but wanted to let people know it was happening.
  • 5dave%s's Photo

Another one:
    Frontier announces 'coaster park tycoon'

Very impressive game title. Must have taken hours of brainstorming.

"MFG"

• G Force%s's Photo
    They need to get Coaster and Tycoon in the name somehow, as they think that's the only way they will be able to sell copies. The competition is good though, that always raises the bar for something like this, especially games.

However, these games will most likely be disappointments to this community being most RCT1/2 driven. And let's face it, the possibilities of a detailed in depth realistic game is 1 in a billion. Devs seem to think that bad games are more appealing to audiences than good games that fufil niche audiences and actually develop a reputation of being good games.
  • RRP%s's Photo

Good to see a lot of old faces still here. Been following the RCTW development on their forums a bit,its all so vague so far. Personally im looking forward to parkitect the most currently. Feature wise that seems to have a lot of the things i dreamed of in rct2 (ignoring the current graphics), whereas the other games I have little info on what creative freedom they will have if any.

• Ling%s's Photo

http://www.rollercoa...on-blog-post-2/

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Four entire themes! Truly the promised land!
  • Lotte%s's Photo

and you don't even have to build your own restaurants, all the restaurants are premade to save you time!

• Six Frags%s's Photo

:lol:

They just don't seem to get it, don't they?

If they actually read the forums all the real hardcore fans only want one thing; customization. And what do they give us? All that premade themed crap..

• inthemanual%s's Photo

The thing is, they're not making a game for us. They're in it to make money. There's a bigger market for the funsie-nostalgia factor and playful, easy-to-use aesthetics.

• Ling%s's Photo

The audience that uses the Atari forums does not overlap with us. I don't bother because I know they won't listen to me. I think this can be an okay game in its own right, but whether or not it will be a "worthy" successor to the "real" RCT games is debatable. It sounds like an expanded version of the mobile game with no microtransactions, better graphics/models, themes, and a more extensive coaster designer. Those are all steps in the right direction, but I'm not sure it's enough. If they make a ton of models for a wide array of themes (maybe 20+? It would have to rival RCT2 or possibly more since we've always been able to mix and match textures to get additional themes that were not included with the sets defined in the game) it could work. There would be more focus on overall composition and management than we're used to, but it could still be fun in its own way.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading