RCT Discussion / RCT LL no-CD Crack (works for XP and Vista)

• Gwazi%s's Photo
    Hey, sorry for the bump, but I've been thinking of trying to crack my LL so I don't need the disk to use it (sometimes I don't have it with me when I'm on my computer). So I was just curious; on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest), how difficult is this crack to do without screwing over your LL?

I know I can just read the text, and I have, but I'd like the opinion of someone who has actually done it. Thanks.
  • spartan%s's Photo
    check the second post. you dont need to crack it. it's extremely easy and you don't have to modify LL

Edited by spartan, 21 November 2008 - 06:07 PM.

• zodiac%s's Photo
    well, i did it, so that has to say something.

but yeah, it's really easy to do it the way posix said. just follow the directions and you'll be playing without a disc.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    @spartan - the second post is what i was talking about. i was wondering if it was difficult, because if you mess up with that method, you can screw your LL over.

@both of you - alright, i'll give it a try tonight or tomorrow. do either of you know how that affects uninstalling/reinstalling the game though?

Edited by Gwazi, 21 November 2008 - 07:24 PM.

• spartan%s's Photo
    no it doesn't screw with LL because your just copying the CD files into another folder, you aren't tampering with the CD in any way. Just watch out and be careful what you do in the registry editor
    Also It doesn't affect un/installing at all, I actually have to do it often cause that damn corrupt error. The CD data files will stay in the RCT\CD folder, you will just need to reset the location of the files in registry editor (regedit)
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    just tried it, worked like a charm.

that was about 10x as easy as it was made out to be. thanks for the help guys (and posix)
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    ok i'm getting that error that you talked about spartan. i open a park in LL and about 10 seconds later i get an error message that says:

RollerCoaster Tycoon: File Access Error

Data File Corrupted or Inaccessible

so what now? do i have to uninstall everything?
  • spartan%s's Photo
    Uninstall it, but keep the save games. Then make sure you go into the game data folder and delete the file in there, I forget it's name but it should be there. Reinstall RCT and LL then apply the XP patch (if needed) and the drexler patch. Then you'll have to go back into regedit and change the the data location back to the CD data folder.

Does anyone know why this corrupt error shows up. I know someone told me it had something to do with hacking but it seems like it only happens after you do this crack. Gwazi had you ever gotten this error before?
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    never.

and that sounds like a lot of shit to go through just to not need a CD.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    this happened to me the first two times i tried this crack, but it worked the third time. just uninstall, then reinstall and try again.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    it doesn't happen with just the crack... i get it after a lot of heavy hacking. Haven't found a root cause.
  • posix%s's Photo
    the problem is the drexler patch and certain trainer commands. rct1 and 2 can detect game alterations and do then deliberately crash. these are scare tactics by chris sawyer/atari, so i've read. there's only one trainer for rct1 that's claiming to be able to fix this issue and it's called "trg swiss army knife v6". i found it on some website a while ago but it appears i didn't keep the url, sorry.

i think copying over the cd files to your hd and telling the game to look for them there is not the source of the problem.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    i've been using this method for months now and it works flawlessly.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    EDIT: nevermind. my antivirus programs' exception settings for RCT got fucked up when i uninstalled it.

Edited by Gwazi, 12 December 2008 - 04:54 PM.

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Right, so. This doesn't work for me. I got the bullshit corrupted data error and reinstalled and now I can't do this? I copied all the right files into the right directory and put the right directory into my regedit and nothing. Kind of annoying, I don't really feel like playing with the disk.
  • posix%s's Photo
    you forgot drexler?
  • spartan%s's Photo
    did you delete the file (CSS0) from the data folder before installing?

Edited by spartan, 18 January 2009 - 10:56 AM.

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    No posix and yes spartan.

p stumped here.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    odd, i tried this recently and it worked fine on the first try... not exactly sure what could cause this
  • spartan%s's Photo
    Reinstalling the game shouldn't effect the no-CD method other than defaulting the setuppath. What error or message are you getting when trying to start without the CD?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading