RCT Discussion / RCT LL no-CD Crack (works for XP and Vista)

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    A dialog box pops up that just says "please insert the rct cd into c:/.../Rollercoaster Tycoon/CD"
    And yes it's the correct directory before you ask.
  • spartan%s's Photo
    I don't mean to keep pointing out obvious stuff but the only other thing I can think of is if you didn't use "full install"
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Uh, you know. That might actually be the case. I don't really remember if I selected that or just did minimum.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    For some reason I've never done this before-- well, now I have. working fine on the first try. I do have a few questions though.
    out of curiosity, is there a reason why we aren't copying the entire data folder?
    was the swiss army knife trainer ever found to be useful for anything? i have it if anyone wants it.

p.s. - i rofl'd at the "reasonable amount fo space".
  • posix%s's Photo
    back in the day i considered that to be "reasonable" :p

tracid, without full install it's not working and the default is "minimum" install. why not all files from data need to be copied i don't know.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Yes, I understand that. I wasn't paying attention when I reinstalled and more than likely just hit continue without changing it to a full installation.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    what a bump.

i'm pretty sure this doesn't work on at least 64-bit windows 7. i followed the instructions to a tee, even reinstalled to make sure i selected the full installation, drexler patched it, and it still asks me to put a disk in except it asks for the path i put in the registry editor. Has anyone else with 7 tried this that can attest/prove me wrong?
  • posix%s's Photo
    yeah, it runs fine for me. win7-64. i'm afraid your path setting in the registry is wrong somewhere. a typo maybe?
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    I copied and pasted directly.
  • posix%s's Photo
    you did install the xp patch?

if you could perhaps paste the value that's entered in the respective reg entry?

you also took note of my edit right?

(Under Win7, if you're on a 64bit system, you have: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> "Software" --> "Wow6432Node" --> "Fish Technology Group" --> "RollerCoaster Tycoon Setup")

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Setup path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hasbro Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon\CD\Data"

xp patch is the patch under 1.2 in your guide, right?
  • posix%s's Photo
    yeah, you need to remove "data" from the path though. it looks into the folder that it's told is the cd and wants to find a "data" folder there. in your case, it looks into "data" and can't find "data".
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    oh, hah, that makes sense.
  • Plasma_Wolf%s's Photo
    I installed RCT into this folder: D:\Roller Coaster Tycoon. When I wanted to copy the files, I noticed I didn't have a "CD\Data" folder in it. Should I just create this folder by myself? I do think so but I'm just asking to be sure.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    If you follow the instructions they say to create a folder named CD and within that folder another one could Data.

They aren't there, you have to create them yourself.
  • Plasma_Wolf%s's Photo
    Oh sorry, I must've completely missed the first bit of posix' explanation.

Anyway, it worked. Thanks for the help :)
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Does anyone know if this works for Windows 8? I recently found a copy of LL and I installed it on my macbook running bootcamp, but I don't have a CD drive on my computer so it would be an investment to buy a separate dvd drive just for the game...

ALSO, does anyone know if there's a working RCT2 no cd patch? I would love to just consolidate all my rct stuff onto one computer! Thanks

EDIT: I got it to work! This is fantastic. Finally I can check out Siege of Jerusalem and City of Dreams.... Still looking for that RCT2 nocd patch though.

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Update: I got RCT2 to run with no CD using the same method here minus the copying of CD files over. I don't know if this was common knowledge around here or not, so I figured I'd post this.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fReJt8sZytY

It's basically the same as the instructions here except I didn't have to copy all the CD files to my computer... somehow just copying and pasting in regedit works!

• Louis!%s's Photo

See I've tried this several times with RCT2 using the LL way as a base, yet i've never managed to work out how to do it.

I'll give this a go soon.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Nope, doesn't work for me.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading