News / Donations Once Again

• iris%s's Photo
    Hey everyone. I'm sure most of you have realized that New Element hasn't been quite the fast-paced, fun RCT experience it once was, and that's due to many reasons. While I'm not going to bore you all and type out all the reasons why I believe the site hasn't been the same, I can only speak for myself and my draining enthusiasm. While the new site is still sort of being worked on...albeit barely, and Head2Head is just starting up, it just seems like the audience has sort of dwindled away. We seem to be at one of those transition periods where the old guys give up the game, and the new ones come in. This happened when the legends like SA, Joe, and Buster put it down and people like Fatha', x-sector, Coaster Ed, and Natelox started picking it up. When they started dying down a bit (minus Nate...he's the most reliable member of all time), then people like mantis, cBass, and Meretrix picked up where they left off....but it seems that for the most part, these three have sort of come to their end as well. Usually, there would be a group of new parkmakers that would take the place....and while the talented ones are there, there don't seem to be more then one (Turtle obviously) who can buckle down and actually finish a park.

As for me, with college starting it's definitely put New Element as a secondary priority for me, and while there are times when I'm extremely motivated to work (when I usually bother Adix), there are also times when I just couldn't be bothered. Roller coasters and RCT aren't my main concern anymore, music is, and I hope to open a rap website someday soon, and obviously attract a much different crowd. Still, I would hate to see this wildly successful project go down without a fight. There are still those that come and make New Element a lively place to be, and if NE3 comes along....hopefully it could prove to be a revival of sorts.

Now as much as I hate to do this, I have to once again ask the site for any donations they could possibly make. I've been more strapped for cash then ever before, with the cost of classes, a place to live, and more importantly the car accident I was in a month and a half which totalled my car, meaning my insurance has gone through the roof. I realize that many of you are teenagers who don't have jobs and couldn't help out much, but whatever people could do would be greatly appreciated. In return, I promise to really give NE3 one more strong push to see if that's really what the site needs. I would give my all to repay everyone that donates by really giving my time to making NE the great place it is and was. If you are to donate, please do so through the Paypal account. Thanks in advance to all those who do....it's really appreciated, and thanks for reading this.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Oh ...if only you posted this a few days sooner... I had the cash to help out but I droped my wallet and it got stolen, so im broke :'(
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I might try to scrounge up $5 or $10 bucks for ya, but I can't make any promises.....I'm not in the best financial state myself right now, but I'll try.

Oh, and you should give some linkage to this rap site you talk of iris (when its ready of course) :)
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    dang. I'd help but of course I don't have a credit card or any other meanings for which to pay. Otherwise you know I would, considering that I've already sail mailed you some cash. Maybe I can get one of my parents to send you a bit over paypal as a gift to me (keeping this website up would be a gift indeed).

I think mantis and cBass are more or less in the same jam that you are. Mantis is off at college and cBass is consentrated on music. What exactly is happening with Meretrix I'm not sure.

Nate, X and Corkscrewed have all been around forever and as far as I can tell they're all still grinding on so we still have the nessisar 'super parkmaker' base here. I'm sorry that I haven't finised a parkmaker-spot worthy park yet however I'm doing my best to impress.

Frankly I admit this place doesn't seem to be holding together all that well but it is that time of the year. Over the summer when all us teens and college students are out of school we jump back into our old hobbies. It's only us diehards that stick around for the school. We're also the only ones who get anything done. *sigh* Lets just roll with the punches and keep things going.

ride6
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Hmmm....what exactly IS happening with Meretrix?

The last time I checked....I'm still here, and still working on my Tussaud's park for RCT3....I am no longer playing the other 2 games...so if this place is not welcoming of RCT3, then I guess the $100 I just gave you is wasted (for me anyway).

As for everyone else......flmscor and Raoul seem to be stepping up to the RCT3 plate...as does Raven. So.....I'm not sure what the fuss is all about, but it would really be a shame (not to mention a huge waste of money for me) if you just let the site collapse.

Yes, there are a lot of peeps who start things and then don't complete them. I think I have more than stepped up to the plate in terms of parkmaking.....2 Spotlights, back to back, in a little over a year....and that time frame would've been less, if I didn't have to restart Phantasia 3 times due to corrupt files.

Tussaud's Enchanted Kingdom is as of now about 30% finished...I find this platform a lot faster to build in , once you get used to the new controls. It should be done sometime in late January, early February.

So...um...yeah. That is what's going on with Meretrix. Oh yeah, in my spare time I also juggle running two corporations, designing games and websites, and still find time to take a much needed vacation to Hawaii.

Kisses.
  • Rage%s's Photo
    Sorry guys, cant help this time. No money spare. I have to buy alot of gifts for christmas and i havnt got the funds to donate as well.

Sorry.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    iris, man, i literally have the 5 bucks in my pocket as we speak.
    unfortunately though, you'll have to wait until the long weekend is over, i don't have the time to mail it at the moment. good luck with everything. :)
  • mantis%s's Photo

Hmmm....what exactly IS happening with Meretrix?

I'm pretty sure that's why iris said "for the most part" so don't feel like you need to justify yourself or anything...
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Erm....I didn't and don't. Just making a smart ass reply.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    I'm in - gimme an addy to send a donation to...
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    you design games... and websites...

i wanna see them o.O;;
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    I would be so happy to donate all my mone to you iris but like I said I don't have a credit/debit card So its quite hard to send money from the UK otherwise. You probably think this is an excuse but I would genuinely like to help.

I will admit I'm not around much anymore. But I'm still making parks for NE, I just don't really advertise much and I really don't reply to many topics anymore as I feel like I'll say the same stuff as everyone else. But like you rct isn't my main concern anymore, my mates, music, NFL and NBA are what keep me interested at the moment. plus I'm 21 I don't want to be plaing this game when I'm 30 (sorry to people that actually do)
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    No offense taken X. I didn't discover the game UNTIL I was 30...so I guess that buys me some time...or something....happy turkey day!
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo

I'm in - gimme an addy to send a donation to...

I can spot you $5, if you can manage an address to send it to.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Sorry, I can't donate this time as I was in a car accident that cost me a lot of money as well :twitch:
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    I suppose banner ads are out of the question?

I'd help out if I had any cash on hand, but I just purchased my first car, and I don't have a job, so I'm in a "bit" of debt now too.
  • John%s's Photo
    Whenever I can track down my debit card (i.e. when I'm not feeling like shit from this cold), you'll be getting a merry X-mas gift. :)
    (A little early, but who cares...)
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    My parents aren't really keen about me sending money to you, but I can say that I'd be fine with you putting popups, banner ads and the like. I'd offer you webspace at HQ too, but I'm cancelling the domain after next month.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    maybe i can solv your parkmaker problem one day ;)

the thing with the money will be probablöy hard for me.
    sending money from germany isn't that easy. and i don't have too much cash anyways.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    No talents that are willing to finish anything? Are we forgetting JKay?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading