News / Please Welcome Your New Overlord

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Well, the five of you who've been paying attention to this site lately know that Iris has really not been into it lately. Our Spotlights have crawled down to Danimation frequency, and a lot of the planned events haven't happened, and things have generally been dead.

Well, hopefully that is about to change. Iris is taking a little "vacation" from the site for a couple of months at least, and I will be taking over as the "GM" around here (if you watch wrestling, you might get the random allusion). Essentially, I will be updating the site and doing everything Iris did with the exception of Quest for the Best: Xtreme, which Iris will handle for the two remaining rounds we have (it obviously wouldn't be fair for me to handle it since I'm in it and could "accidentally never receive" JKay's entry). Iris, however, will still be funding the site. I just get to do all the labor. So as Ed might say, Iris is the producer while I'm the director. Of course, I'd call myself the architect and Iris the developer.

Anyway, this means that for the duration, I basically be the guy selecting the Spotlights, NE Designs, and Runners Up for the site, not Iris. Furthermore, I will be running H2H3, which basically means I'll be posting everything. Which means that any submissions need to go to me for now, not him.

Please send Spotlight/Runner Up, NE Design, and H2H submisions to:
    nedesigns@gmail.com
    Instructions on what information to include can be found here.

I'm hoping that 1 gig of space will be enough, as Iris apparently gets a lot of mail.

Now, all the H2H parks have been submitted for Week 1. Iris is sending me those parks for me to upload as soon as his e-mail works, so H2H will be starting very soon (I promise!). I believe he also has a round of Runner Ups selected, so expect those soon as well. And hopefully, the other stuff will roll around as well.

I do encourage you to participate in the forums and such, and of course, work on those parks, whether they be LL, RCT 2, or RCT 3. I personally have nothing against RCT 3, and though Iris mentioned that he'll never post a RCT 3 Spotlight or anything like that, I'll try to convince him otherwise. Or volunteer to do that section of the site myself. Obviously, NE has nothing if no one submits anything, naturally. I'm hoping that we can pick things up and restore some activity.

So aside from the regime change, things should be the way they've been, except hopefully a little busier. Also, the debut of NE3 is being pushed back until we have the motivation and content ready.

So here's to greener pastures than the recent doldrums.

You may begin sending your tribute gold and/or sucking up to me now.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Awesome news, for NE anyway. Iris sucked, he lost all enthusiasm for the game, hopefully you can bring it back crocky! Get another pro tour going, and who knows, even I might pop up with an entry.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Well, it was obvious that Iris' entusiasm was waning, so i think its the best thing for him to take a break, and it's great that someone is willing to take the stage and keep the show on the road. Nice one corky.

Metro B)
  • iPark%s's Photo
    Good luck with it, I think you'll do a great job :)
    Oh, and I think we really should start seeing some proper RCT3 work, no?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Wow, I knew you would step in if it was ever needed, but I did not see it comeing so soon. I think you will do a great job, you work well and fast and I think you can really help pick things up around here.

Iris you ran this site pretty well for years and built it into the best RCT site on the web and that will never be forgotten. I think you made a really good choice for the site by handing things over to Corky even if it has hard for you.

Ok now Corky go post stuff or we will kill you :D
  • mantis%s's Photo

Awesome news, for NE anyway. Iris sucked, he lost all enthusiasm for the game, hopefully you can bring it back crocky! Get another pro tour going, and who knows, even I might pop up with an entry.

Dude, it might be nice to give iris a little thankyou for, you know, keeping this place going in the first place...

I'm glad the site's still moving forwards, and i'm looking forward to NE3 (still).
  • JKay%s's Photo

(it obviously wouldn't be fair for me to handle it since I'm in it and could "accidentally never receive" JKay's entry).

I dunno Corky, you could be bluffing there. ;)

I believe he also has a round of Runner Ups selected, so expect those soon as well.  And hopefully, the other stuff will roll around as well. 

:D, thats the kind of news that will definitely put me in the Christmas spirit. I might just need to scrounge up some doe to donate now! :xmas:

Good luck in your new role here Corky! :scarface:
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Does this mean I can be third in charge now?

OMFG!!!
    OMFG!!!

Right..
    Anyway, I find this to be a good thing. Matt needs some time off to cool down and get real priorities in order.

All squabble before Lord Albert!

Rave
    §
  • GuestPoseidon%s's Photo
    interesting, very interesting.....so what happens to NE3?

of course, the well needed break was needed. obviously. luckily he got it.
    maybe some things will change. you might create a different aura now.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    As much as I respect iris, I think it was best to take a break...
    It would be awesome to see some rct3 in here, as this is obviously one of the best rct sites around (and that's an accomplishment iris can be proud of, although I didn't like the way he was kind of abusing his powers)...

It's a step in the right direction for NE, and I still hope to be part of it.
    Good luck with it Corky!

SF
  • Tyler%s's Photo

Our Spotlights have crawled down to Ty's Pleasure Dome frequency

eat shit, you fucking Ty's Pleasure Domer.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo

Dude, it might be nice to give iris a little thankyou for, you know, keeping this place going in the first place...

I'm glad the site's still moving forwards, and i'm looking forward to NE3 (still).

Ok, during the time span of the last few months iris has sucked, posting comments like the one about rct3 which are generally not good for the site as a whole. But yeh he did awesome on the starting up of the whole thing and keeping it going for so long, and actually for making this decision when his enthusiasm for it did go.

Iris, I thank you.

Now get some content up corky :D
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Congradulations Corkscrewed! I know you'll do a great job (iris did too, but he did need a vacation). Speaking of vacation, I leave today for Australia and when I get back I'll work intensivly on Ouest. Perhaps that will draw Iris back.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    This is good, I think.

Onwards and upwards, or whatever...
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Welcome, new overlord. Have fun... overlording.
    Iris really seemed to need a break, so this'll probably be good for all.
    I'm just wondering about NE3. What's going to happen with that?
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    I for one can completely understand the need for a break, as I just went through one (about 3 months) that was dictated by our getting the hell out of Maryland (in favor of Georgia). As I'm all settled into my new home and job, I'm also trying to restart my RCT playing time and RCTM, so I applaud Iris for finally getting an offseason (of sorts)...he certainly deserves it, and Croky is a really good choice to keep things alive.

I hope to see everyone here at the new NEV2...have fun Iris!

Kai :huey:
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Dear Iris:

Thanks for everything you've done. You're number one. Try to stop getting in car crashes. Keep representin' the Boca Raton underground, G.

-Jellybones

Dear Corky:

Woo and yay. Don't suck or we're all gonna kill you.

-Jellybones
  • jon%s's Photo
    Kool. Iris did a pretty good job in running the site but it was obvious his enthusiasm was waning. A new 'overlord' as you put it is great. So, Iris gets a break and the site moves on. Great.
  • Rage%s's Photo
    Im glad Iris is getting the break that he obviously needed. Im sure you'll do a great job Corky!
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    So much for democracy.

You might have Bush for a president, that doesn't mean I do too.

I demand universal righteousness.

( :p )

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading