H2H3 / h2h3 Week 1 Review

• Ride6%s's Photo
    ride6’s week 1 h2h3 review:

We’ve had a surprising and thrilling start to the third installment of New Elements signature competition, Head to Head. In the last two installments we’ve seen the legends of Fatha’ (h2h1) and Coaster Ed (h2h2) rise into the stars they are today, and this season there’s potential for Corkscrewed and X-sector to become even larger legends than they already have and Coaster Ed is back to defend his title as “the greatest h2h parkmaker, ever”. Now that I’ve bored you with these little factoids I’ll move on to the match ups!

+Week 1, Match One: The Hurricanes Vs the Vehemence’s:
    From the start this in-division rivalry looked like it could cause one of the greatest clashes of h2h skills ever seen. With Corkscrewed, Slob and Jacko Shanty on one side of the line and Coaster Ed, Steve and Ablaze on the other the two teams seem almost evenly matched. Unfortunately it didn’t show here as Hurricane captain Kumba rolled out the big guns early and unleashed Corkscrewed teamed up with the boy wonder Richie for week one. Chapel placed himself and Junta in the ring against this pair only to get creamed. The Vehemence’s Orange County, while very atmospheric, beautiful and containing a spectacular flying coaster simply lacked the ‘wow factor’ to compete with the Hurricanes astonishing Rockwood Prison. While we’ve already seen Rockwood-like concepts from Corkscrewed and even last h2h season from Coaster Ed this one was unique enough to capture just a hair over 70% of the vote. On the other hand Chapel still has three parks from Coaster Ed and Steve to come and Kumba already burned up one from his best player.

+Week 1, Match 2: IIIcons Vs the Seal Clubbers
    Yet another potential vote to the death face-off. The IIIcons pulled out Metropole and Outlaw, both worthy architects in their own rights for the first week. The pair up pulled out the small and simple but rightfully beautiful Kierikkengord Castle. Meanwhile the Seal Clubbers seamed to have some confusion as to who was working with the amazing architect and atmospheric master John for week one, the end result was that John created Venetian Harbor alone. Venetian Harbor is a heart melting beauty that only lacks an amazing coaster where all Kierikkengord Castle had in comparison was just an amazing coaster. The result was a blowout in the favor of the Seal Clubbers, who captured over 80% :eek: of the vote. The ending situation here is similar to the previous match in the fact that the winners pulled out arguably their best player right away, and in the process used up their only solo park, while the losers used two good players but neither being the best on the team. While this lose may seem painful it could mean that the Seal Clubbers will burn out later in the season while the IIIcons see a come back.

+Week 1, Match 3: MoLLsters Vs Flying Germans:
    The only cross-division match of the first week saw yet another lob sided match up. However this time the voting came much closer than anything previous with the losing Germans snagging roughly 40% of the vote with the outrageous Monopoly Tycoon. The idea of Monopoly was ride6’s thinking genius and Valp pulled out the game board beautifully, however time restraints and style conflicts ended with the center of the park is a rather poor state. This was due to the fact that Mindbender had college entrance papers to write and Valp is just a slow builder. The MoLLsters did like all the other teams pulling a strong combo out early on, placing Twisted and Micool against the two support players from the Germans. The pair pulled together Kihme Research Facility, a park that lacked to overall concept of Monopoly Tycoon but instead had incredible levels of quality throughout. With stunning ‘trackitecture’ by Twisted and Micool and large landscape variations, it was easy to see why these two are considered among the best playing the game today. This match shows the power of a good gimmick at holding off relatively well against a park of amazing quality.

++Overview:
    Division Leaders:
    *North Division:
    The Hurricanes: 1-0
    The MoLLesters: 1-0
    *South Division:
    The Seal Clubbers: 1-0

Basically all the leading teams pulled out some of their best combos early and succeeded in winning. However the big 4 Germans (X-sector, ride6, X250 & Leighx) have yet to be seen, the Vehemence’s top 2 (Coaster Ed and Steve) are still off in the background getting ready for matches later and the IIIcons who’ve just finished a state of flux still have the new captain, Evil WME along with Phatage, Darkjanus and the potentially humbling Blitz-Sama to come.

Big Names we’ve seen:
    Corkscrewed, Richie (Hurricanes)
    John (Seal Clubbers)
    Metropole (IIIcons)
    Twisted, Micool (MoLLsters)
    Chapel, Junya Boy (Vehemences)

Big Names to come:
    Coaster Ed, Steve, HevyDevy, Adonis or whatever he's changed his name to now ;) (Vehemences)
    Slob, Jacko Shanty, Kumba (Hurricanes)
    Natelox, Gutterflower, Loopy (MoLLsters)
    Evil WME, Phatage, Darkjanus and Blitz-Sama (IIIcons)
    Titan, Turtle, Jkay and Gymkid (Seal Clubbers)
    X-sector, ride6, Leighx and X250 (Flying Germans)

This is only the beginning and no team has won or lost the season yet.

ride6
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Someone thinks highly of himself...

Got another Kumba on our hands.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Heh. everyone knows the IIIcons are gonna win.
  • mantis%s's Photo

Eh?

I think the best park from this week was Rockwood, followed by John's Venetian one. Good start to the tournament!
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Sure I think so highly of myself that's why all the partisipating captains (WME, Kumba, Gymkid and Chapel) are also on there.

And if you're refering the the 'Coaster Ed style writing" I just ment that it was long, somewhat detailed and showed my personal analysis of the situation.

Anyway there are probably more than a few excellent rcter's in the game that I didn't mention. Franky I think that it's you Freak who is thinking highly of himself and since nobody else seems to you're having a little hissy fit, just like a toddler.

ride6
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo

This is only the beginning and no team has won or lost the season yet.

*Applauds*
  • hobbes%s's Photo

Sure I think so highly of myself that's why all the partisipating captains (WME, Kumba, Gymkid and Chapel) are also on there.

And if you're refering the the 'Coaster Ed style writing" I just ment that it was long, somewhat detailed and showed my personal analysis of the situation.

Anyway there are probably more than a few excellent rcter's in the game that I didn't mention. Franky I think that it's you Freak who is thinking highly of himself and since nobody else seems to you're having a little hissy fit, just like a toddler.

ride6

I think it was meant as a joke. :!!:

Oh well. I thought it was a good review overall, but of course your section was biased. It has to be. I'd be more concerned if it wasn't.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    i'm overrated.

nice review, though.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    One of the things I was disappointed about was that Ed prolly wouldn't have time to do his write-ups, but what a pleasant surprise it is to see ride6 do one instead!

I definitely enjoyed that little column, and I hope you can continue with it. Definitely a nice job there. :)

I don't think Kumba made a bad decision to open up with a "big gun." Frankly, I'm available for two more ventures, so it's not like I was wasted. :p On the other hand... yeah, there are some big guns coming up. But if there's one nagging thing about H2H, it always seems like the big guns always happen to match up against not as great parks, leading to blowouts. Rarely do we get classic matchups, though when we do, they're pretty darn cool.

Just for the record, I built my part of Escape from Rockwood Prison before I made any of my QftB entries. And really, the huge castle wasn't meant to be novel as much as the actual ride was. :D
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    yeah, i remember your screens when you were workin on it :D
  • Richie%s's Photo

Big Names we’ve seen:
    Corkscrewed, Richie (Hurricanes)
    John (Seal Clubbers)
    Metropole (IIIcons)
    Twisted, Micool (MoLLsters)
    Chapel (Vehemences)

How you can put me on there and leave off Junya i will never know.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    No offense Richie, but I agree. Junya is viciously underrated. Just you wait.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    yes, we've burnt out because we used one of our 5 bazillion good matchups to win a division match.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    :)

And the trash talking begins...
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Trashtalking is always fun.

HURRICANES RULE ALL!!!!!!! *flashes illiterate gangsta sign in honor of Kumba*
  • Ride6%s's Photo

One of the things I was disappointed about was that Ed prolly wouldn't have time to do his write-ups, but what a pleasant surprise it is to see ride6 do one instead!

I definitely enjoyed that little column, and I hope you can continue with it.  Definitely a nice job there.  :)

I plan on it. :D

Oh yeah and the Flying Germans victory number is going to soar over your pathetic, confused heads! pwahahaha!

ride6
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

Trashtalking is always fun.

HURRICANES RULE ALL!!!!!!!  *flashes illiterate gangsta sign in honor of Kumba*

pushes the hurricanes aside. single handidly.

now just wait up for the team.
  • John%s's Photo

Oh yeah and the Flying Germans victory number is going to soar over your pathetic, confused heads!  pwahahaha!

ride6

:lol:

And that's all that can be done about that.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo

<snip>The idea of Monopoly was <b>ride6’s</b> thinking genius<snip>

<snip>However the big 4 Germans (X-sector, <b>ride6</b>, X250 & Leighx) have yet to be seen<snip>

<snip>Big Names To Come:
    X-sector, <b>ride6</b>, Leighx and X250 (Flying Germans)<snip>

I was being partly facetious, but nevertheless, you did come off slightly arrogant in my eyes with 3 three comments I've quoted for your viewing ease.

But hey, maybe it's just me.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    ^
    I guess but remember Ed's little bits of bragging in his h2h2 team reviews? Yeah, I was just adding a touch of personality to it. Nothing to cry about.

Personally I haven't seen anything for Junya Boy that amazes me a long time...

ride6

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading