http://www.nedesigns...ner_ups&s=milas
  • Micool%s's Photo
    What's the point, Steviebabie.
  • Steve%s's Photo

Steviebabie.

Real nice.

Posted Image Posted Image
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Yeah, what about it? It's great in spots but nothing in it is interesting enough to be used as a real weapon in h2h, except for the has-been of the shipwreck.

I guess I'll add him to the list, since he has the skills, but some how lacks the 'wow factor'

ride6
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    Well, I guess I'll say somthing since I have been a topic in a couple of posts....

My notion is... atmosphere is key to a park, not no "wow factor" [taking into account that the assumed definition of a wow factor is something big and bold that takes the attention of the viewers eye, making them go "wow"]. Honestly, the only reason I see people use the wow factor is to make up for the loss in the soothing-ness of their work.
    Why even bother building something when half the time those parks with many "wow factors" are looked at, and then five seconds later they are sitting in the recycling bin? Simply build something that fits your needs and that people wouldn't mind to taking a look or two or three.
    To sum it up, i don't need to be felt sorry for and simply added to no list cuz you think "i have the skills, but some how lack the 'wow factor'," because personally, to me, the "wow factor" is only pulled to make up for the weak spots of parkmaking.

p.s - i know somebody gone say it, "this is h2h, in order to survive you need a wow factor to get the votes".... well..... i beg to differ. Look at them parks again. Some of them were good....nd some of those over attempted wow factors were just a hot mess.

- Junya Boy :angel:
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Alright, alright. Here's the truth:

I didn't want to make the Vehemences look 'weak' to some crazy person because "one of their strong combos lost" and all that bull. And really I do agree that many of the 'wow' factor parks of the past have gone so far to just about make some of us sick.

Atmosphere is only one of the key components however. Mala, X-sector, Toon, Mantis, Corkscrewed all create parks with tons of atmosphere but they also display the 'wow' factor too because of the depth, detail and thought that goes into each piece of the puzzle. Basically I'd say that you, Junya, are the Posix of rct2. Meaning that you sacrifice everything for atmosphere, which will sometimes sway in you favor and sometime against it.

ride6
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Junya (or Junta as you called him, lol) the posix of RCT2? na I got the Posix of RCT2 slob! :lol:
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    Well, we have the natelox of LL natelox!
  • sloB%s's Photo
    if ed actually had done these, this arguement never would have broken out. he at least attempted to be unbiased and fair.

oh ed, ne needs you.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    As long as nothing goes too extreme, I see nothing wrong with a bit of discussion and some small arguments. Adds some life to the crowd.
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo

I got the Posix of RCT2 slob! :lol:

can i meet this posix you speak of, cuz im pretty sure its not the one ride6 was talking about. go and compare posix style to slobs, then let's see if you have the same comment....
  • Phatage%s's Photo

...the posix of RCT2...

Nothing against Pos, but I don't see how that phrase makes sense.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    This is Kumba saying things. How often does he make sense? ;) :p :lol:
  • John%s's Photo
    Kumba + making sense = never. :)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    There is no Posix of RCT2 and I don't see there ever being a Posix of RCT2, he's a one of a kind original. What makes Posix unique isn't his style, that was how just about everyone was building parks a couple years ago. What makes Posix unique is his dedication to refining a look. He'll redo a simple entrance area five times until he gets it just the way he likes it. I'm a perfectionist, but not nearly as much as Posix. I don't think anyone else puts half as much effort into selecting complementary textures and colors and precisely placing trees and bushes. He's like one of the rennaisance masters, drawing the human form over and over and over again until they get it just right. That's how I see him anyway.

So anyway, I probably get accused of making parkmaking more about the wow factor than the atmosphere but that isn't what it's about for me. I kid around sometimes and people take me seriously. H2H is like a sport. You play to win. All the competition and the bragging isn't serious, it's just in the spirit of having a good laugh. When it comes to making parks though, I do what excites me whether I expect it to get me votes or not. The wow factor for me isn't really about winning H2H (though it does seem to help there) it's a part of parkmaking for me. I don't have a lot of time to work on parks so I come up with a lot of ideas and only build one of them. So the one idea I do choose to build is usually something that excites me.

The wow factor is just having a really good idea. A tall building isn't really that exciting. Anyone can do that. A tall building with a coaster looping in and out of it, with a lake of fire around it and a revolving restaurant at the top - that's a wow factor. That's a challenge. That's something I might want to build. The atmosphere will come anyway when I build it. Atmosphere is just good design. Pick plants and textures that go together and lay them out in an organized way. It doesn't have to be one or the other and the 'wow factor' doesn't have to be a sell-out move to get votes. It shouldn't be really. Like I've said before, the parks are what everyone will remember when it's all done. Who won isn't really that important.

I will say this though - - when I vote on parks I'm voting on which is the better package, not which is the better parkmaking. A park that is a monopoly board for example has something clever and unique about it whereas a map with trees and a lake and buildings and a coaster may be very well done but it doesn't stand out in my mind as a strong park. It could just be called Untitled #36 you know? I like to see a park that I'm going to remember for a long time afterwards. That's what seperates a good park from a great one. Good is well-made. Great is well-made and memorable. Singular. Unique. Innovative. Creative. That kind of a park is not easy to make, you have to be willing to push yourself. The wow factor isn't just a gimmick, it's a rather crude way of describing a park that has the total package. That stands out above the rest.
  • Panic%s's Photo

Kumba + making sense = never. :)

Kumba + making sense ~ matter + antimatter.

MASSIVE FIERY EXPLOSION!!!
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    matter + antimatter dissapears... thus comparing Kumba and making sense......
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    LMAO! Look what I've started. Oh well... if Kumba hates me I'll just ban him and take over the team...

:bandit:

Listen to Ed guys. He knows his shit.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading