H2H3 / WEEK 3: Hurricanes vs Seal Clubbers

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Choose the better park.

• John%s's Photo
    Obviously I voted for team spirit, but without the affiliation I'd have a hard time deciding because neither park really "trumps" the other.

Had more time been put into our park, it would have been a landslide, I know it. :(
    I do thank the people who worked on it for their effort, as it really was a neat idea.
    Hopefully we'll be able to club this one out. ;)
  • iGNiTED%s's Photo
    i think i replied too soon...i should have opened the parks first before voting...hurricanes should have got my vote...the clubbers were a major disappointment...way too poorly executed...but, had more time been put into it, it would have been better...but the hurricanes had way better atmosphere...even tho that theme has been done a lot of times...
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    Hurricanes.
    Clubbers should have finished the park.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    It really is too bad "The Cave" sucks so much ass, because that is the raddest idea there is.
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    If I wasn't on the Hurricanes, I'd still pick them by a longshot.

"The Cave" had single wide paths, one piece of architecture, and pretty much only one ride (only one I noticed anyways). The landscaping is the only thing really note-worthy, and there were still flaws in that. Like the land blocks were very messy over the caves, regular base blocks were used as dirt, and the tarmac inside the cave looks anything but cave-like. There's a mix of martian, grass, dirt and rock in there. I would have stuck to just rock or dirt. The only reason I think they're getting any votes is because of an idea. Well, I could think of lots of weird ideas and create them half-assed in five minutes, but should that warrant a vote?

Perhaps if you expanded and spent more time on this it would look better.. like a small mining town would have looked cool on top... some better landscaping.. especially inside the cave.. and more rides. Wouldn't a log flume or a mine cart ride look awesome inside the cave if themed correctly?
  • Anolis%s's Photo
    The better hacks and innovation in ride ideas made my vote clear.

The Cave could be the better park, if there would have been much more time spent in it
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I'm also surprised at how close this is. I'm fed up with people taking the 'seen it all before' attitude. Just because something has been done does not devalue it as a worthy contribution to a park. I happen to think that Paradise Island made a very good job of everything - the rides were thrilling and well made, the colours were pitch-perfect and there were little touches like the Land Diving which WERE new. I've just read about the land diving traditions on polynesian islands in a book i'm reading, so that brought a smile to my face.

A lot of credit goes to the Clubbers on going with that idea, but I have to say that the coaster was dire, there were no support attractions and, as a park, it was a logistical nightmare. Full marks for concept, negligible marks for execution (similar to Phatage and Anolis' hotel last week).

So my vote is for Paradise Island, and I hope it wins, to prove the point that it's all very well having an excellent idea but you've got to follow through, and that tried-and-tested ideas can still be exciting.

I'm also wary that a lot of the people complaining about the lack of originality should let their work do the talking, lest they appear somewhat hypocritical.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Hurricanes get my vote. But the park did nothing for me. Its just better executed than the SC entry.

unfortunatly it wasnt a great round. ive increasingly begun to follow the cg? route where no one has there own style anymore. Its got to the point where ive seen it all once to many times.

Its still an awesome park and will deservedly win. just a bit stale.

The SC entry had it been pulled of to the same standards would of beaten it with a stick and left it crying. the idea was good. the execution let it down.

Mantis i agree alot of people are hipocritical about such things. Me included. But ive watched time and time again people trying new ideas and getting ridiculed by this community. Its not like we encourage new styles lol. ahh well.
  • artist%s's Photo
    I did'nt like the Hurricanes entry, the hacks were good in a way but there used to much now and were original but just getting boring now. The themeing wasnt nothing special in my eyes, i think it was because the buildings were to small and very simple.

The SC's entry was amazing though, i loved the lanscaping so much and it was very original.

Can't wait for the rest of them
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    I didn't know what to vote for, so i ended up chosing "the cave."

why? because i enjoyed looking at it more. So what it uses the type of pathing and stalls everyone deems as noobish. It was innovative, and there were some nice touches (sporadically, very sporadically..)

The thing was, i couldn't be mad at that park, since it wasn't really anything but, well, a cave. I was mad at this tropical park. I think someone pointed out the stalls were nameless. Oh and that tropical has been done before, a lot in LL. Ok, that bothers me somewhat, but it REALLY bothers me to look at a ride called Swing, that's also ugly, and that has a thing called "swing thing" in the middle. Then to think up of worse names then tropical blast and paradise falls, and to top it off call the park paradise island. I mean, the best name in the entire park was typhoon! or splashdown, can't decide. Really, splashdown was the only positive thing in the park. The architecture and foliage was way below par imo, since i'd have guessed that would have been ok judging from the screens. The coaster was nice, in a sense, but i something about it didn't really make me like it. Probably that there was nothing that remotely resembles an atmospheric surrounding anywhere nearby. Oh well, worst h2h round by far.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    I haven't downloaded either, but I still voted Hurricanes. Their park just seems like a full park. The Cave...doesn't feel like a park. It's more like a burrow with park-like qualities.
  • Turtle%s's Photo

I haven't downloaded either, but I still voted Hurricanes. Their park just seems like a full park. The Cave...doesn't feel like a park. It's more like a burrow with park-like qualities.

Sorry, let me get this straight...

You haven't downloaded either, but you're voting against one because of the "feel" it gives you?

8@
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    It's MachChunk we're talking about. Try not to think too hard into it.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    try to see the good point:
    it saved NE some traffic ;)
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    The score of this match at the time it was called is:
    Hurricanes 45
    Seal Clubbers 36

The Hurricanes improve to 2-0-1
    The Seal Clubbers suffer their first loss of the year and drop to 2-1-0

The Hurricanes' Paradise Island was made by OhioCoasterFreak and Richie.

The Seal Clubbers' The Cave was made by Old Red and Gymkid Dude

I think a lot of people could tell who made what, but thanks for adhering to the anonymity rule this time and not blurting anything out. Really appreciate it.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    And you guys thought I did the hacks :p

As it turns out Richie is a really good hacker, and OCF is a really fast builder coz he did like 25% on the last day. Great job guys, thats a big win and im happy to see you reel it in for us.

Also Gym and Old Red, I liked your park, it was creative, like hardhats flashlights and stuff, just finish next time.

btw Richie is now 2-0, MVP anyone? ;)X
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    1 of which he had little to do with.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    *tries to be inconspicuous*
  • Micool%s's Photo

*tries to be inconspicuous*

Well.
    Lost me.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    LMAO @ your avatar btw.

I think I was picking up on the Escape from Rockwood bit, where Richie barely was able to showcase his skills in it... cuz I did most of it...

=:-)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading