H2H3 / WEEK 3: Hurricanes vs Seal Clubbers

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Choose the better park.

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I really liked 'The Cave'. That was a clever idea and you guys did a competent job of carrying it out. I liked the little rock sculptures inside and the waterfalls. In this park you could talk about the geology of the theming which I guess is a first. I really wanted to vote for it because it took me on a little trip looking at this park, imagining myself wandering into this cave and seeing that big chamber for the first time with the spot lights and the coaster diving through it. What a sight that would be! But like everyone else has said, more than any other park so far this one felt unfinished--which is really a shame because this is one idea I would have loved to seen carried through all the way. You've got to put something on that hillside. And put in more geology in those caves. More lights, more atmospheric pools of water and waterfalls. Be creatve with the plantlife, there'd be something growing down there in little pockets of light. And the coaster would have been a whole lot more impressive with an elaborate support structure bolting it to the cave. You've got land above, below, and to the sides--which suggests a lot of creative support ideas none of which are in this unfortunately. The dive into the pit was good thinking. More of that stuff would be great. And yeah, like mantis said, this is H2H3, the standards are higher, you really need a great support ride of some kind. That goes with what I said about finishing the park. I wouldn't consider it finished without at least two star attractions. So there you have it. I loved the idea, and you had some nice ideas, you just didn't finish it properly.

As for Paradise Island, you could critisize it for originality (and with a name like Paradise Island, they were really asking for it in that department) but there are a lot of creative touches here. The kind of thing that really finishes a park. Clever thematic rides like the land jump. Scenic centerpieces like the sun motif cammelhump over the entrance to the looper. That's just great parkmaking. The buildings, all fairly typical but not annoyingly so. There's a lot of detail in there even if there's no showstopping buildings. And then the final touch which soldifies it in my mind as easily the better of the two, it all ties together well as a park. The fences, the plants, the paths. All those little touches are there. It's not just convention, it's the attention to detail that gives that breath of life into a static computer screen and transforms it into a real place. All in all, this was one of my favorite parks of the competition so far. Nothing groundbreaking, but it has it where it counts.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

As for Paradise Island, you could critisize it for originality (and with a name like Paradise Island, they were really asking for it in that department) but there are a lot of creative touches here. The kind of thing that really finishes a park. Clever thematic rides like the land jump. Scenic centerpieces like the sun motif cammelhump over the entrance to the looper. That's just great parkmaking. The buildings, all fairly typical but not annoyingly so. There's a lot of detail in there even if there's no showstopping buildings. And then the final touch which soldifies it in my mind as easily the better of the two, it all ties together well as a park. The fences, the plants, the paths. All those little touches are there. It's not just convention, it's the attention to detail that gives that breath of life into a static computer screen and transforms it into a real place. All in all, this was one of my favorite parks of the competition so far. Nothing groundbreaking, but it has it where it counts.

Ed, I could kiss you. Thank you for being so eloquent.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Thankyou Ed, now if only we had an extra 2 weeks to actually finish the thing off, and name it all ;)
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    Now that I've looked at both parks, neither were as good as I thought they would be.

Paradise Island has good architecture on one side, but not very good architecture on the other side. So points off for inconsistency.

The Cave is almost rideless, and completely devoid of food and drink. I would've liked to see more sculptures, and there's really no sign of gymkid dude influence anywhere. So points off in the teamwork department.

I still like Paradise Island more.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading