Related Games / RCT3 Expansion Pack

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Dear god that looks cool

The FPS problem is really all thats left to fix appart from a few minor niggles.
    Frontier have done a very good job of fixing most of the bugs. the game now runs flawlessly on my pc untill i make a large park. (still not crashed yet lol)
    TO be honest id blame atari for their agressive release date pushing. Frontier are a small company and dont have much leeway in extending their working time.
    Hopefully they can fix the problems with the FPS.

Those screens show alot of what we were asking for. New themeing, A better rapids ride, improved river ride supports, waterfalls....

And for rides... Gyro swings, skyscrapers, DiskO's, paracute drops and so much more :)

also

Players will be able to create aquatic spectaculars like dolphin performances, killer whale shows, etc. and they will also be able to customize their own aquariums.

• Kevin%s's Photo
    I've heard that the developers are working on a few ideas to fix the FPS problem. Hopefully it works.

I thought this was pretty cool too.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Wow.
    Frontier knows what we want content-wise...
    I'll definitley be buying this, even if I don't RCT3.
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    finally a worthwhile expansion pack, i am DEFINENTLY getting this expansion pack.

http://www.atari.com...rct_3_soaked/pc

# Ride the Waves! – just like riding the rides in the original RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
    # Create wildlife spectaculars with performing dolphins, killer whale shows, and customizable aquariums
    # Splash, swirl, and “stir up” your peeps with incredible interactive water
    # Select more than 50 new rides and coasters for your water park:

* New coaster tracks, including a rollersoaker and a giant flume
    * Sixteen new coaster cars
    * Water slides and water rides

# Add hundreds of new park enhancements with the Swimming Pool Designer and Waterfall Designer:

* Shimmering pools, with multiple levels and walkways
    * Waterfalls, diving boards and interconnected flumes
    * Jacuzzis, sun loungers… even changing facilities

# Design dazzling laser light water shows — and synch them to music — with the H2O MixMaster
  • Highball%s's Photo
    I think it looks pretty good so far. I got RCT3 for Christmas, but I have yet to install it. I'm a little concerned about my computers memory being able to handle it.

And I must say, water rides (flumes, river rapids) have always been the highlight of any theme park for me. Heck Splash Mountain is my favorite ride!
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    here are some screenshots.
    guys i know some of you will love to see this in your parks. stuff that we wished they did in RCT1 and 2 but never did.

http://media.pc.ign....mg_2587200.html

http://www.atmania.c...lery/index.html

in one picture you see in the distance cars and buses but it looks more like scenery then actually parking lot.

also their is a Half-Pipe coaster included as well. its in the picture farther back you'll miss if it if you don't look hard enough.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Guardian, I merged your thread into this one, since it belongs here.
    ========================================================

:OMG:
    Waterfalls.

Beautiful.

Fix the damn bugs though, please.
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    Altought the screens look absolutely stunning, I'd rather have the bugs fixed first.

However, I applaud Atari for making a worthwile expansion pack, and not WW and TT crap!
  • JKay%s's Photo
    ^exactly

These screens are absolutely amazing, but they don't mean shit to me if I can't experience them in game with a decent FPS...
  • Dark-Daxter%s's Photo
    To much water for my MX to handle. :(
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    they did say they were working on better AI, i hope so, i really hope the AI is better. i like the groups or family ideas of making your own sims. but its kind of pissing me off with how everyone just sits around and does nothing but stand. no riding action going on.

oh and the diarreha everyone seems to have when they come into the park. everybody needs to go to the bathroom like every 2 minutes.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

To much water for my MX to handle. :(

and you seriously think my Radeon 9800pro can handle it when park get bigger? Believe me, I seriously can't enjoy the game through way too many bugs, FPS problem and numerous gameplay issues. I have to say that the screens look very nice, but IMO it's useless when I can't play it properly, no matter what system I'm using.
  • Dark-Daxter%s's Photo

and you seriously think my Radeon 9800pro can handle it when park get bigger? Believe me, I seriously can't enjoy the game through way too many bugs, FPS problem and numerous gameplay issues. I have to say that the screens look very nice, but IMO it's useless when I can't play it properly, no matter what system I'm using.

I presume you have the pixelshaded graphics? Because I dont, and so the water things get really boring and ugly. But yeah, youre right about the fps and the rest, but i must say I dont have any problem with in my park yet. Wich is pretty big...
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    hmmm havnt noticed any bugs. apart from one or 2 annoying design choices like the damn path wall thing.

Only the FPS thing here lol.

Still love the game :p
  • coasterfrk%s's Photo
    Those waterfalls alone make my heart go pitter-patter for this expansion. Now, if only I had a better graphics card, I'd be set. I so wish my water did the nice reflective option that makes the game look nice. It also looks like there will be some nice scenery for a ruins of Rhodes kind of theme. The possibilities are expanding...sorry, couldn't help myself.

[Edit] WOW, this post is much more optimistic than my last in this thread. :D
  • lizzard98%s's Photo
    you know what, ill only be happy if it even lets me SEE the water in the first place!!!!!!!!! :@
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    David B over at the Atari Forums has posted 2 new screens. One of a squid and the other showing some of the new rides in the expansion.

http://www.frontier....t3/Shot0040.jpg

http://www.frontier....t3/Shot0166.jpg

Just wanted to show you guys.

For those worried about FPS, there is still a chance that that can get fixed.

Quote from IGN:

But, yes, we continue to optimize the game code in even more ways which will allow RCT3: Soaked! to be played optimally on a wider variety of PCs than ever. We're also working on a couple ideas now to make sure the game runs smoothly on your system.

Since they are going to allow Beta Testing, that makes the chances even better. I agree with most of you though. Unless FPS is fixed, this expansion looks as if it will be very unplayable, even though alot of its contents look great.

Just converted the pics to links because they're huge.
    ~ Cork
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    lol that coaster has no wheels
    but its all looking pretty stunning.
    Finally real life rides and not the amazing SURF board coaster.....
  • Dark-Daxter%s's Photo
    Wheels are under the cars in the middle ;)

Oh, ive heard that the building under the ground will come back in patch #3 or in the expension. :X
  • minnimee85%s's Photo
    betatests.net (atari's website, just posted signups for beta for this.) Unfortunately you gotta be one of their testers already, which i cant ever seem to get to work right for me.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading