H2H3 / PLAYOFFS - Hurricanes vs MoLLesters

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Choose the better park

1. Hurricanes - Aviara Cove 63 votes [75.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 75.00%
  2. MoLLesters - The Tissot Archipelago 21 votes [25.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 25.00%
  • jon%s's Photo
    I can spot all the parkmakers responsible. They're style stick out like a sore limb. Anyways, I voted MoLLestors because I'd rather we faced them in the final. And, I feel they had a better park.I don't like the lack of detail in the Hurricanes entry.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    ^ LACK of detail? :lol: The park's got so much it lags even MY computer! If anything, it might be too detailed. :p

The "leader" of both parks is pretty obvious, given his style dominates the park. The "follower" does not seem as obvious, but there are definite clues there to suggest who he is (tho more on Aviara than in Tissot).
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Actually, Tissot was really easy to figure out for me. The only way I could tell who the second one is is from the coaster. And that's about it. But I definately think this park would have won a regular season match, but I don't know about this one because I haven't actually seen the 'Canes' park yet. However, it looks very good from the screens and what others have said. So, I'll vote when I have the time to look at AC.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I don't know if it would have won a regular season match against a strong park. I can think of several parks that definately would have beat it. Mainly because there's one coaster, and it doesn't seem to work.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    I'm a little saddened by all of this, probably because it's just my team and our season is coming to an end. Yes, the Hurricanes park brings the quality like few others ever have. But quality and originality are two different aspects of a park. I don't see why the Flying Germans' park gets BOMBARDED for not being original in the other topic, and the Hurricanes' park, with basically an identical premise, escapes every bit of that criticism, none from a single person, just because it is higher quality. It's the same thing, grand-style 1/4 tile and full-tile buildings on cliffs over a bay, just done a lot better than the Germans'. Why does the higher quality magically nullify the issue of originality or lack thereof? Not one person other than myself has commented on the similarities between this park and others this season. I don't get it.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    I was not overly impressed with the Hurricane's park. The architecture was it's greatest failure. We've all had the discussion of why we play RCT (Roller coasters or Architecture), and while I won't deny the fact that I'm more intrested in the latter, it does come into play when viewing a park. I'm getting very bored with RCT2 architecture. It all looks the same. It's the same colour, same texture, same composition and same detail. The only RCT2 effort that encompasses decisive stylistic and compositional elements is SACoasterfreak's "Rivers Of Babylon." This is not belligerence against this park, but all RCT2 parks. Regardless, the Hurricane's park surpassed "Tissot" on most levels, most specifically, creativity. The "Tower Of Terror" with multiple drops was intensely insperational and highly reminiscent of Disney's version. My only qualm with this abridgement was the fact that the verticle movement could not be contained to a single well. If viewed from a realisitic perspective, the rider would feel the flattening out (U-shape). It's a rather inconsequential detail, but one that affects me all the same. I also loved that dinghy ride which was pigeonholed into a corner. The smooth surface of the dinghy ride juxtaposed with the harsh lines of the wooden roller coaster was beautiful! The path around the 'bay' featuring the arched supports, and the dam, were quite inspiring. I'm sure the creator of "Tissot" (Why would you name a park after a Swiss watch?) was short for time, or just uninspired. Either way, his attempt was poor. I think I know who the creator of that mess was and I'm sure his upcomming, French cuisine/resturant inspired attempt will trump all his previous work.

By the way, I love that pretentious style of writing and I try to do it as often as I can. Some will definetly not go for it, but I find it fun and it increases my vocabulary and writing ability. If you all really do like architecture and read any related magazines you'll find this style very common-place. Domus is the worst (but they're magazines are exceedingly expensive. $43 Canadian).
  • Toon%s's Photo

I'm a little saddened by all of this, probably because it's just my team and our season is coming to an end. Yes, the Hurricanes park brings the quality like few others ever have. But quality and originality are two different aspects of a park. I don't see why the Flying Germans' park gets BOMBARDED for not being original in the other topic, and the Hurricanes' park, with basically an identical premise, escapes every bit of that criticism, none from a single person, just because it is higher quality. It's the same thing, grand-style 1/4 tile and full-tile buildings on cliffs over a bay, just done a lot better than the Germans'. Why does the higher quality magically nullify the issue of originality or lack thereof? Not one person other than myself has commented on the similarities between this park and others this season. I don't get it.

What separated the parks was the hidden caverns the half-pipe water ride and numerous other creative features. To me...that was originality. It made me look more closely at everything in the park to see if I could find something.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

By the way, I love that pretentious style of writing and I try to do it as often as I can. Some will definetly not go for it, but I find it fun and it increases my vocabulary and writing ability. If you all really do like architecture and read any related magazines you'll find this style very common-place. Domus is the worst (but they're magazines are exceedingly expensive. $43 Canadian).

That's not a good thing ya know. Clear writing is much better. Tho academia often uses this pretentious, verbose writing, there's been a movement away from that. :p (writing 340 lesson)
  • natelox%s's Photo

That's not a good thing ya know.  Clear writing is much better.  Tho academia often uses this pretentious, verbose writing, there's been a movement away from that.  :p  (writing 340 lesson)

I guess you'll just have to put up with me. ;)
  • Micool%s's Photo

I'm getting very bored with RCT2 architecture. It all looks the same. It's the same colour, same texture, same composition and same detail.

Oh my, Nate. I have always thought that was the problem with your parks...sorry...
  • JKay%s's Photo
    My preminitions were correct. Really an easy vote for me

Aviara Cove - This park pretty much indemnifies the best, if not one of the top three mini parks I've seen done in RCT2 in my time. I knew immediately who had hands on this park and couldnt help but think "Paleos" when I first started looking at it. :rolleyes: It incorporates all the skills of a highly talented RCT2 parkmaker, although does draw little bits of inspiration from LL as well. The hacking alone in the park is just mind-boggling, not to mention the architecture, ride implementation and atmosphere. I can't really say the park had many flaws, but my instinct is to say the it may be slightly overdone and it seems like a larger map really would have helped give all the wonderfullness some breathing room. The only other error imo, is the beemer. The design itself and theming arent all that bad (except for the slow loop and heartline lift hack), but the colors really don't fit the park imo. The custom whirlpool was a nice touch. A red or even orange base tone for the beemer would've suited much better imo. But, I digress back to the beauty. That dinghy slide is definitely a piece of hacking brilliance and added loads of warmth to that corner of the park. The sub ride was interesting as well and more hacking brilliance. The rest of the rides were all well done, but didnt hold my attention like some of the more intricate rides did. This park really had it all. Peep-friendly, flawless rides, marvelous architecture and numerous touches of brilliance. Big congrats guys. A memorable park for sure.

The Tissot Archipelago - My favorite aspect of this park was the classical feel to it. It had a pre-dated NE-spotlight-like feel to it imo, which I admire. I was really disappointed that the coaster was in-operable. I guess I could have tried harder to make it work, but operable rides seems like it should be a given on a finished park. Oh well. The coaster looked quite nice tho. I enjoyed the go karts as well. I can't say I was amazed by this park, but I can say I appreciate what the parkmaker was going for with it. I was really hoping the mollesters would pull off amazing LL innovation this week, but this park fell way short of that. It feels like the parkmaker(s) didn't want to take any risks to try something new, so built something that they already knew how to build. Nice effort, but doesnt matchup to the Canes park.

I voted for the Hurricanes.
  • natelox%s's Photo

Oh my, Nate. I have always thought that was the problem with your parks...sorry...

No harm done; it's what I think of my work that is important. It's not good when an individual keeps a monotonous style, but I was talking about every person and park in RCT2.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    That's a good point. While much of your work looks alike, it doesn't look anything like anyone else's. The funny thing is you would think it would be much easier to individualize oneself with rct2, given the constant bitching by myself and others about the limited opportunities in ll.

With that said, I think you're right!
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    You know, I was wondering about that Playoffs Round 1 being due April 21st. That's like 8 days from now. So these teams aren't even going to find out if they're in the finals for another day or so and then they've got a park due in a week. Are you expecting the other teams to be working on finals parks right now knowing they may not even be in the finals? That's rough.
  • cg?%s's Photo

The funny thing is you would think it would be much easier to individualize oneself with rct2, given the constant bitching by myself and others about the limited opportunities in ll.

Here's the problem: when set free of limits we create our own! It's human nature! You can build everything you want, so you end up playing it safe, and, well, that's that.

I'm personally trying to find my own "style" again in RCT2. Which is why you haven't seen anything from me, yet. Actually, everything I've built looks really, really, really, really, really, really, old fashioned. Like, that old, old, old, old, SA park, what was it? You know his D-Net Spotlight that wasn't Legends? Hmm... fuck... anyways, that one.

Anyways, I haven't bothered to download either, as one is LL, and the other, um, doesn't look very appealing. Sorry. I did the proper thing and "null" voted, although I nearly thought about voting for the pink coaster on principle! ROCK ON PINK! Anywho...
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Crystal Horizons?
  • cg?%s's Photo

Crystal Horizons?

Could be... sound familar, anyways... but something tells me "no"... of course, just because I hear voices doesn't mean I'm right... well.. whatever it is... I loved it then... and I'm ripping it off now... so there...

Edit: YES! I WAS RIGHT! No, you stupid Ed, the other one. Forgot all about Crystal Horizons... oh my... a quick look at his parkmaker page cleared it up... Silver Lake.
  • John%s's Photo

You know, I was wondering about that Playoffs Round 1 being due April 21st. That's like 8 days from now. So these teams aren't even going to find out if they're in the finals for another day or so and then they've got a park due in a week. Are you expecting the other teams to be working on finals parks right now knowing they may not even be in the finals? That's rough.

Rough indeed. :( Especially when things are so on-the-fence with the other match, too.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Oh the other other one. My mistake. I liked that one better actually. The burned woodie was cool. And the dueling reversers. And the dueling GCI woodies. Yeah, lots of great wooden coasters in those parks. (The old and new versions both).
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

I guess I can push it back. Just don't expect many updates between now and then (I'm totally swamped with work).

Screw it. Pushed it back.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading