H2H3 / PLAYOFFS - Hurricanes vs MoLLesters

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Choose the better park

1. Hurricanes - Aviara Cove 63 votes [75.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 75.00%
  2. MoLLesters - The Tissot Archipelago 21 votes [25.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 25.00%
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    When did you push it back to?
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Cork I think it's safe to call this in a few hours; with every vote for the Hurricanes it feels like a heavy stone being pressed harder down on our (MoLLester) hands. Sometimes you just want to take your hand out. ;)
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

When did you push it back to?

April 28th
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    The score of this match at the time it was called is:
    Hurricanes 49
    MoLLesters 15

The Hurricanes advance to the H2H Finals to take on the winner of the Seal Clubbers vs Flying Germans, a match that has suddenly gotten pretty tight. They finally get the MoLLester monkey off their back and claim the North Division Championship.

The Hurricanes' Aviara Cove was made by Corkscrewed and Kumba.

The MoLLesters' Tissot Archipelago was made by Natelox and Roomraider/Gutterflower.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I want to say that working with Kumba, despite the wild craziness and complete absence of literacy ( :p ), was a joy. This turned out pretty well, and Kumba definitely stepped up his game to aid. The original strategy was to have him do the rides and me theme, but it ended up being more mixed, which was cool

This park was started last summer, before the redraft. I was inspired by a project I had seen at work showing a hotel with waterfalls flowing down the sides of the main 20 story tall building and fountains everywhere. The idea of "watertecture" was pretty inspirational, and even though this proposed hotel never got built, I thought it would be a great idea for an H2H park.

Our first attempt was pitiful. Our old team members may attest to that. But then CoasterEd gave me some great words of encouragement, and I revised the plan to the cliffside cove idea with a huge damn, architecture heavily integrated with water, and a neat ToT ride. All of this was original when we began, anyway... :lol: From there, I was able to get a lot of architecture and the ToT ride done before redraft. I think Kumba made the flier before redraft as well but did not theme it.

Anyway, credit for the parts of the park:
    Corkscrewed
    - Most of the architecture
    - ToT ride
    - landscaping
    - park concept
    - starting half of the underwater ruins
    - big dam and waterfall

Kumba
    - flying coaster
    - water slide ride
    - vertical water coaster
    - underground chambers
    - other half of the ruins.

So essentially, I served as inspiration, and Kumba did a helluva job satisfying the idea I had in mind.

I gotta give Kumba a ton of credit. Kid's got tons of talent, and as I've mentioned privately before, I think he's got enormous potential, but he lacks discipline. Once Kumba gets the discipline down, instead of going super haywire wild all the time, I think he can honestly go down as one of the greatest parkmakers of all time. At least the skill level is there. I guess I sorta tempered him in this park. :D

Sorry if the above paragraph sounded really vain. I'm not trying to come off that way.

In any case, I think Tissot deserved more credit than it was given. It's classic Natelox style, which I love, and there really is no theming flaw in the park. The coaster is what hurt it the most, but the rest of the park was really awesome. Really, I think it's pretty similar to Spirits Bay in the feeling it gives you. In any case, I don't think either parkmaker should be disappointed by his submission... except for whoever was in charge of fixing the coaster. :p

Anyway, yay us, and we'll see ya in the Finals. Now get to the other thread and show input there too! :D
  • posix%s's Photo
    and i'm telling you Kumba will quit the site before he gets good.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Wait did Cork just call me kid? im older then you Cork! wtf? :p

I really had fun working with you Cork, I think we compliment each other very well and im proud that this park was so even with us each doing about half, its a good example of teamwork imo.

MoLLesters you annoyed us all season, i'll admit I never thought you'd get as far was you did with LL, but you guys did do very well all year. I think your mistake in this match-up was that Tissot played it way to safe, the archy was really nice, and the go-karts were great, but I was really suprised by the lack of anything that could "wow" someone. Great job makeing it so far, we will rep the North in the finals for you. :)

Thanks to everyone for your comments, most noteably Ed, im very happy you liked it that much, and the 1,358 word post was a nice read ;)

Kumba
  • X250%s's Photo
    Great job to Corkscrewed and Kumba. Best H2H park i have seen. I simply must know how you did that ToT ride... ;)

The flyer was extremely well paced too. Cannot fault Aviara Cove at all.

The LL park was nice, very nice. But Aviara Cove just stunned me.

-X-
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Great job to Corkscrewed and Kumba. Best H2H park i have seen. I simply must know how you did that ToT ride...  ;)

You mite think I did the hacks on the ToT ride but that was all Corkscrewed's work, awsome job on that, I had no idea you were so good at hacking.
  • X250%s's Photo

Anyway, credit for the parts of the park:
    Corkscrewed
    - Most of the architecture
    - ToT ride
    - landscaping
    - park concept

;)

-X-
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    LOL, Kumba goes and posts a literate reply, then botches it up by responding with a blind reply. :p :lol:
  • Blind Guardian%s's Photo
    I liked the architecture of the MoLLester's park. Could look upon it for hours. Beautiful. I can't say I like the coaster, though.

MfG
    BG
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

Anyways, I haven't bothered to download either, as one is LL, and the other, um, doesn't look very appealing. Sorry. I did the proper thing and "null" voted, although I nearly thought about voting for the pink coaster on principle! ROCK ON PINK! Anywho...

Funny you should mention that. I nearly voted against it because of the pink.

Anyone in the Mollesters camp want to make that coaster work, so we can actually see it?
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Hey guys.
    Been away for a week so completly missed this thing being released.
    Cant believe that one little mistake killed the coaster. (the piece into the tunnel is just set at the wrong angel. change that flat piece to an inclined piece and it works fine) had i not been rushed to go on this field trip i would of had more time to test it. i do apologise.

Anyway twas a pleasure to work with you nate.
    has been an interesting season for me as i played the Hurricanes 3 times... 1 win, 1 loss and 1 draw :)
    cheers

Anyone in the Mollesters camp want to make that coaster work, so we can actually see it?

No problems
    http://www.enjoda.co.uk/moll.zip
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Well I have gone back a bit on my stubborn and biased opinion and now agree that Aviara is one of the best H2H parks ever made. Most things about the park have already been said. But Ed, I don't think it's the greatest - Battlefield and Erwindale still beat it in my mind. What separates this from the lot is the magnificent way in which it is pulled off, and in which the ideas and elements are juxtaposed. What separates Battlefield, Erwindale and others from the lot is that the all-encompassing idea is so clever and out there. This park's greatest strength is the many ideas that are incorporated a la the caves and sunken city - but in my opinion a perfect juxtaposition of excellent smaller ideas cannot really beat an execution of an excellent overall one. But anyway, this is about as good as it gets as far as quality and incorporation bolstering the park.
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    Streets of New York was the best H2H park ever made...

Anyways, after further review of Tissot and getting that coaster to work, i think the coaster was sweet and deserved more credit. The archy was very classic Nate and brings me back to the site as it was 2 years ago when i left it.

It saddens me though, how the original NE style is now being obliterated by the new RCT2 stuff.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

It saddens me though, how the original NE style is now being obliterated by the new RCT2 stuff.

Ya.

UIX anyone?
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    UIX still baffles me. NeViS was such a genius. Its funny, if that park was ever re-released with some of the newer-age hacking tools (4 Cars, etc.) It would be rediculous. Both the Skycoaster and the Snowboard ride could have invisible track.

Man how i love LL.
  • Drew%s's Photo

UIX still baffles me. NeViS was such a genius. Its funny, if that park was ever re-released with some of the newer-age hacking tools (4 Cars, etc.) It would be rediculous. Both the Skycoaster and the Snowboard ride could have invisible track.

Why fix what's not broken?
  • GigaForce%s's Photo

Why fix what's not broken?

You know I was thinking that while i was typing that. The skycoaster bothers me though, not the snowboard ride.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading