General Chat / White smoke today!

• Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Link to the article.

So, Joseph Ratzinger to be Benedict XVI. I was kind of hoping for the Nigerian man to be the next Pontiff, to be honest. A black Pope would definitely be something cool.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image

*edit* -- we all make mistakes. please change topic title to just "New Pope Elected"
  • Richie%s's Photo
    So, who wants to make bets on how long till the new ones dead?
  • Glory%s's Photo
    Also a article here! The new pope gangsta!
  • John%s's Photo
    I don't like his name at all.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    To quote (more or less) my mother:

The good thing about old Popes is that they won't be around for long.

She's not against Popes, mind you, or old people, either, just assholes posing as "Men of God". In her eyes God would never have chosen somebody so against woman, safe sex, homosexuals, and, indeed, what he seems to consider the #1 destructive force for the morality of the world, RELATIVISM (hey, wasn't Jesus a relativist? You know, "it's okay to be a tax collector, or prostitute, or whatever, so long as you do it with a good heart, and noble intentions, or something...").
  • mantis%s's Photo
    This is bad news.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    woop-ti-doo.
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    It's happy stuff... but I was hoping for the Latin cardinal. That guy is awesome.

I also hate the name he picked. It's going to be a toughy to get used to :(
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    :birthday2:
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Benedict XVI. What a badass name.
    kind of.

He looks like he's gonna die in a week.
  • Old Red%s's Photo
    ...From Hitler Youth to Pope...Go figure...
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    [font="Impact"]NAZI POPE!!11!!1![/font]
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    /end of the world.

EDIT: wait it was forced so that means it doesn't count.
  • cg?%s's Photo

...From Hitler Youth to Pope...Go figure...

Hitler Youth? Well, I mean, technically, yes, but it was required by law, and he betrayed the Nazis, so, not really...
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    Of course they are going to say it was forced. I mean who would try out for Pope then openly see they are/were a nazi.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    i was pulling for the black cardinal, oh well... :'(

benidict is kinda cool, but 16 ruins it. should have been something like pedro the first or. or.. ... i don't know. :rolleyes:
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    everytime I hear Mr. Newsman say "Pope Benedict the Sixteenth" i think to myself, "Pope Eggs?"
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I don't see how a Black pope would have been better... he would have further advocated abstinence in response to the AIDS epidemic instead of educating people on safe sex and contraceptives, etc...
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    he wouldn't know about any of that stuff, it's not like he's had it to begin with... or.. maybe. :twitch:
  • Old Red%s's Photo

Hitler Youth? Well, I mean, technically, yes, but it was required by law, and he betrayed the Nazis, so, not really...

...bein' drafted into U.S. military services was also
    required by law...

...He deserted in April of '45...along with the whole German army...
    the war in Europe was technically over in April of '45...nice timing...

...but...we all do crazy things when we're young...such as...help shoot down Allied aircraft...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading