Pro Tour 2 / The Pro Tour 2

• iris%s's Photo
    It's baaaaaack. The greatest contest in New Element history. The birth of the greatest RCT contest ever dreamt up...and this is the resurrection. What singlehandedly carried the site from October to well into the next year, hopefully will have the same effect on our site this time around. The contest that only the best are allowed to be a part of...the contest that you must actually be invited to join...and the contest that gives an astounding $100 prize to the winner. I know a lot of people have been going crazy waiting for this contest. Not only did we have an amazing final round last time around with 23 of the best contest entries, some incredible stuff from cBass, Mala, Phatage, mantis, natelox, Corkscrewed, and Butterfinger, and new parkmaker spots awarded to Slob and John, but we also had an incredible preliminary round including some great entries from Slob, John, Kumba, Voodoo, Gymkid Dude, and much more.

For those unfamiliar with the Pro Tour, it's a contest that parkmakers must be invited to join. Official New Element Parkmakers get a free pass here (who said there are no advantages to being a NE Parkmaker?), including certain individuals I extended personal invitations too, such a retired or inactive parkmakers. Non NE Parkmakers must prove their worth by competing in Preliminary Rounds before getting the ticket to the final dance. There are 12 preliminary rounds as well as 3 bonus spots, meaning a maximum of 15 non parkmakers will be able to compete in the Pro Tour 2. Preliminary rounds are decided by small mini-contests that any non-parkmaker is eligible to enter. Once a non-parkmaker wins one preliminary round, they are in the finals and don't need to compete in any more. If a parkmaker loses in the preliminaries, they can enter again as many times as they'd like in as many different categories.

Just like last year, two new NE Parkmakers will be chosen from this year's Pro Tour 2. So not only is there $100 on the line yet again, but once again two new spots for NE3 (which will accomodate the final results of the Pro Tour 2). Last year slob and John earned their spots with the 10th and 11th place entries in the final contest, respectively. Kumba barely missed out with his 12th place entry and I'm sure would love some redemption.

Judging will be handled by a panel of judges, myself included. I will look and see who has entered the Pro Tour 2 before deciding who are the judges, and they will not be revealed until the judging is complete. Scoring will work exactly like last years. Judges will rank the parks from first to last, and give each park the accomodating score. For example, there were 23 parks last year. Say a judge felt that Mala's entry was the best, he would have recieved a 23. The worst park would have recieved a 1. The park with the highest total will win the contest. Ties will be handled internally by a majority vote by the panel of judges.

Here are the preliminary round categories...and their respective due dates. They go fast and furious so get working immediately! Some remain, some have been changed. All of these rounds go for both LL and RCT2. RCT3 will not be included in either the preliminary entries, nor the final round. Parkmakers may use whichever bench they please on these, and may hack and do whatever it takes to win.
    rwadams - Create The Best Hotel (Due May 23, 2005)
    X250 - Create The Best Liquid Coaster (May 30)
    Six Frags - Create The Best Fourth Dimension Coaster (June 6)
    penguin_BOB - Create The Best Inverted Coaster (June 13)
    Jacko Shanty - Create The Best Suspended Coaster (June 20)
    CoasterForce - Create The Best Mine Train (June 27)
    Jazz - Create The Best Wooden Coaster (July 4)
    Xcoaster - Create The Best B&M Multi-Element (July 11)
    magnus - Create The Best Bridge (July 18)
    leighx - Create The Best Adventure Ride (July 25)
    ride6 - Create The Best Dueling Coasters (August 1)
    Old Red- Create The Funniest Ride/Park (August 8)
    Steve - Create Any of the Above - Bonus Round (August 15)
    Metropole - Bonus Spot - Handed Out To Parkmaker I Felt Deserved It Due to Preliminary Losing Entries
    chapelz - Bonus Spot - Handed Out To Parkmaker I Felt Deserved It Due to Preliminary Losing Entries

Now for the list of Parkmakers who have accepted their invitation. This does not necessarily 100% mean they are entering the contest, but as of now have plans to.
    -Ablaze
    -Alec
    -Artist
    -Blitz
    -CBass
    -Chapelz
    -CoasterForce
    -Corkscrewed
    -DarkJanus
    -Evil WME
    -Fatha'
    -Gutterflower
    -JackoShanty
    -Jazz
    -JKay
    -John
    -Kevin
    -Kumba
    -Leighx
    -Magnus
    -Mantis
    -Meretrix
    -Metalface
    -Metropole
    -Old Red
    -penguin_BOB
    -Phatage
    -Posix
    -Prince_Ashitaka
    -Ride6
    -RRP
    -RWAdams
    -SACoasterFreak
    -Six Frags
    -Steve
    -Titan
    -Toon
    -Turtle
    -Twisted
    -X250
    -Xcoaster
    -X-Sector

Still Waiting On Answers From <-- Have until the end of the Preliminary round to let me know, otherwise will not be eligible.
    -Bokti
    -Foozycoaster
    -Mala
    -PyroPenguin

Parkmakers Who Declined:
    -Aero21
    -Coaster Ed
    -OZONE
    -Natelox
    -The Persnickety Platypus

Parkmakers may not enter the Pro Tour unless they have formally accepted the invitation I sent them. So even if someone is a NE Parkmaker and they don't inform me, they will not be eligible to enter the contest. The deadline as well as the bench for the final contest will be released as soon as the Preliminary Rounds come to a close.

I hope everything is clear. If not, post questions, and I will answer them.
    Have fun guys!

Send all entries to iris2486@bellsouth.net

And check out this commercial highlighting some of last year's entries. Just click on the FREE button of page that pops up after you choose the video size you want and wait for the link to appear.

LARGE 640x480 pixels :: 8.67 megs
    http://rapidshare.de...dLarge.wmv.html

MEDIUM 320x240 pixels :: 2.30 megs
    http://rapidshare.de...Medium.wmv.html

SMALL 208x160 pixels :: 1.08 megs
    http://rapidshare.de...dSmall.wmv.html
  • artist%s's Photo
    [font="arial"]yay, can't wait to start, gotta wait three months though :([/font]
  • Leighx%s's Photo
    Hopefully i can get in this time...
    lol
    ;)
  • killing_moon%s's Photo
    :devil:

now y did u have to go and do that iris, now I got to play rct2 again...
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    This is gonna be awsome..
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    * Goes off to build a hotel*
  • Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    nice :D

I hope i have time to get in but i have it busy with other rct2 projects :'(
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    lol this totally caught me off guard I didnt think it was coming until NE3 lol
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    I'll definetly be entering this. I'm really glad to see that the Pro Tour is back and I hope to see some awesome stuff come from this like last time.
  • SenZ%s's Photo
    ...so when you participate with one of the preliminary rounds, where should you enter your entries?
  • jon%s's Photo
    YES!

I'm definetly entering this year. I'm starting now.

But, best bridge? wtf?
  • Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    what size most have the park ?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    *has horrible flashbacks* :twitch:

A few of the catogorys are tempting, like funniest park, but after a gruling season of H2H3 I think I mite just sit this contest out...
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    YAYAA I'm so excited.

Too bad I'm going on vacation for like a month and a half, and then to SAT prep boot camp.

Lovely day.
  • Titan%s's Photo

*has horrible flashbacks* :twitch:

A few of the catogorys are tempting, like funniest park, but after a gruling season of H2H3 I think I mite just sit this contest out...

Oh come on!

You should get in, VooDoo isn't here! :p

LOL, seriously, most of the people that got in last year are either already in, or not entering, do yourself a favor and get in this thing. ;)
  • artist%s's Photo
    [font="arial"]Titan, prepare to get your arse kicked.[/font]
  • X250%s's Photo
    I'll be entering most of them. ;)

I really wanna prove myself, starting from now! :p
    Sounds like a really fun competition, i was unfortunate to miss the first PT...

-X-
  • Marshy%s's Photo

[font="arial"]Titan, prepare to get your arse kicked.[/font]

Please, let's not turn this into the cocky camp like last time
  • artist%s's Photo
    [font="arial"]It's already "turned", foo.[/font]
  • Micool%s's Photo
    *sigh*

prelims again...

probably three more half half assed entries...

another sympathetic pass...

fuck the world :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading