Related Games / RCT3 Impresses

• Fenix%s's Photo
    Hey, I just had an idea. What if we had a small RCT3 contest around here. Just to see peoples potential. Nothing big just like a test run. I know alot of people still hate the game, but it think it could work out. It could be a small map that wont run into fps problems. I know I'd give it a try. Anyone with me? (probably not)
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    id be up 4 it but first we have to catch up with those guys :p
    i have no idea how they do some of the stuff
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I'd give it a go.
    Or we could also have a site group park including those who actually have and play the game...
    Im gonna advertise Oceanica, my RCT3 solo soon.
    You all are right the site does need to get more into this game

id be up 4 it but first we have to catch up with those guys 
    i have no idea how they do some of the stuff

Your right man I too have no idea how to do these hacks, but i'd love to find out sometimed
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    We need RCT3 forums here, to post links, tutorials, and resources.
    COKR!
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    If I remember right Corkscrewed was supposed to run the rct3 section now that Iris has returned. NE could have rct3 seperated (awards and contest-wise) from the other two games because it's impossible to compare the 3D images it creates to the 2D ones that rct & rct2 use.

It's an idea, esspecially since many people who are playing rct3 were probably fans of the former two. At a site like NE would should cover all their needs well.

I'm liking the ideas and images that rct3 presents I'm just refusing to jump into it because I have so many things I want to accomplish with the 2nd installment in the series while maintaining my abilities in the first...

Maybe for my birthday or something I'll ask for it & soaked, just to tinker with and look at other people's stuff. Like that one park Meretrix had going (that Kevin is carrying on with). Whenever that gets released I admit that I want to be able to look at it.

ride6
  • Dixon Steele%s's Photo

NE could have rct3 seperated (awards and contest-wise) from the other two games because it's impossible to compare the 3D images it creates to the 2D ones that rct & rct2 use.

I disagree. We shouldn't divide the community based on which game you play, it should be unified. It is still RCT after all.
  • coasterfrk%s's Photo
    Heck...I'd probably join a contest for RCT3. Just for fun anyways and because I'd feel on somewhat the same level on the parkmaking standpoint around here...or at least more-so than my RCT1 or 2 skills. I'm patiently awaiting Kevin's review of Soaked! before I ask for it for my birthday next week or go get it myself. I just hope the contest wouldn't be based solely on screens or anything...I can see a lot of water based elements, and my just sub-par graphics card that won't do the pretty water reflections. :'(

One thing I really like about RCT3 is the added element of taking the interior of things into account. It just adds that little bit to make the experience of a park almost real.
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    I wouldn't mind doing a small RCT3 contest. I think it would be pretty fun.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

I disagree. We shouldn't divide the community based on which game you play, it should be unified. It is still RCT after all.

Not really, rct and rc2 use an isometric viewing system to simulate 3 demensions when used in a 2D program. Rct3 is closer to being "Sim Coaster 2" visually, while the meathod of constuction is still purely rct. Visually is the system that judging is based on and therefore in order to be fair to the games it must be judged differently based on it's visual-mechanical differences.

ride6
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Ride6 is right, there is no way to possible compare rct2 to the previous 2 games. And there needs to be some sort of seperation

If the idea of the contest was small enough, I would consider entering.

Ed, those pictures you posted were astounding, and that star wars thing....wow. Just shows what can be done with the game if you have a powerful enough computer. Stunning.

Metro B)
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

Yea looks nice I guess. Still too cartoony though...I can't get past that.

I can see your point... But then again, just look at RCT2 if it weren't for custom objects... ;)
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Well I'm still not very impressed with rct3. Purely because it's a completely different game from the other two and I really think there needs to be a seperation tool. Also I have the feeling that rct3 lacks greatly in the way I use rct2: as a design tool. I have so many little annoyances with it that I don't find it worth. Also if I wanted to design in rct3 than I had to completely learn to play it. It's just not my game and as Iris said: it's way too cartoony for my taste. Lets put it this way: if I would have made rct3 it would have looked have a lot more like rct2, but in 3D and in a more usable way (including a lot of interface inprovements) added a motherload of rides like in rct3 and most important: I would have waited a few years to get all the computers up to performance because this was a big mistake IMO. It was simply way too early.
    About the performance... Kevin you say it is better... but why the f*** do I have to buy(not that I bought rct3 though since I tested it with a download and was bored in a few hours) an expansion pack when I want to improve my performance on rct3 in general?!?!? Because for some reason I have the feeling they are no gonna adress that in a patch for rct3 alone....
  • Carl%s's Photo
    Can you place scenery underwater WITHOUT using a trainer in RCT3? See this pic posted earlier in this topic:

http://www.frontier..../Phantom523.JPG
  • inVersed%s's Photo

Can you place scenery underwater WITHOUT using a trainer in RCT3? See this pic posted earlier in this topic:

Yes, it's as simple as placing scenery above water.

I don't think RCT3 (or Soaked) was released to early.. i mean it works perfectly on my computer besides a few lags during the rides, especially the Gyro Swing. If that because I have a new high quality video card adapter I do not know.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    "That one park that Meretrix was making" is back under construction again. I have scrapped any plans to "update" DTA, and have once again taken RCT2 off my computer (freeing up 3GB of hard drive because of custom objects...Crazy Shit huh?)

I am hooked again on this game, thanks to a huge (on my comp) frame rate increase....I'm talking like 50% better. I can run Enchanted Kingdom at night, during play mode and get 25-30 fps...which is more than sufficient.
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    Tyandor, you'd have to ask that question to the developers, as I have no idea...
  • cBass%s's Photo
    I'm sold. The opportunities for creating stunning atmospheres in this game are astounding. Yes it's cartoony, but RCT has always been cartoony. Now we're just seeing it close-up. As more and more talented parkmakers take up this game, we will continue to see incredible rides and incredible scenes.

Atari has done this game right, and it's not going to go away any time soon. When I joined NE I was playing RCT2 and most of the parks here were LL. NE can change again.
  • hobbes%s's Photo

oooooooohhh... underwater fire.

Yeah, this expansion does look pretty good, and the increased frame rate sounds very enticing, but I can guarentee that it won't work on my computer, so no rct3 for me.

At least making videos is easier, so the rest of us can enjoy your parks just as well. :)
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    I love the "up close" views that RCT3 is capable of doing, that really make you feel more involved in the ride. Here's a good example of one I saw over at RCT2.com:

Posted Image

(Here's the topic for it)

But yeah, seeing more things like that would be awesome.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    This is gonna make me sound like an arrogant jackass, but honestly, I think I could make most of that. The only problem is that RCT 3 has a tendency to lock up my computer BADLY. If I rise/sculpt a large amount of land, or if I'm building a coaster and clicking quickly, suddenly the game freezes. And I have manually restart my laptop. And then it takes five minutes to reload.

That was what really drew me away from the game. I've said from the start that this game has the potential for some amazing atmosphere, but I've never gotten my RCT 3 to play consistently. And lately, I've been too busy to make time. Once I get some free time again, I'll play around. CEL was going pretty well until it started crashing and lagging.

Gimme good gameplay and no crashing and I'd be on this in a sec.

I'm still open to RCT 3... but no one's ever sent me anything!!!!

I mean, if the guy who made Titanic had theoretically submitted it here, I'd post it for sure.

Half the screens are nice cuz of the game, but there are definitely some great compositions in there and some truly beautiful photos.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading