Related Games / Roller Coaster Tycoon 3: Soaked!

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Scenery tabs, which opened up to windows.

And fine, they're more like buttons, but whatever. I was trying to make a segway. :rolleyes:
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    I think you meant segue.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Well, RCT 1 didn't have any limits besides how many attractions you can build in a map.  It was how many tabs, etc... that I was concerned about.

And speaking of tabs, addressing Kevin's earlier post, good to see the scroll bar works on those.  Cuz that was a HUGE pet peeve! :lol:

You might not know it, but rct1 certainly has more limits. Actually it may have the same as rct2, but just with other numbers.
    -Yeah, you can't select more than 252 small scenery objects in rct2, but has it ever arisen that rct1 didn't have more than 252 small objects?
    -Also there is a banner limit in both games 100 for rct1 and 250 for rct2 I believe
    -both have the same ride limit of 255
    -And rct1 DOES have a sprite limit. I've hit it once. This limit has been increased in rct2.
    And there are probabably some other limits too.

Kevin you say rct3 doesn't have those limits. Maybe, but wouldn't you agree that the hardware you run it on determines the limit? I've tried out soaked and yes it has some good ideas, but I wasn't very thrilled. And it still runs crap btw. Maybe low-end computer have advantages in soaked.
    Also if you want to have Ensueno run smoothly then you would need a performance boost in the hundreds of % which means it all wasn't very suprising.
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    In terms of hardware, yes it does have its limits, but that being the overall size of your park, as well as detail. I'm sorry Soaked did not work to well for you, but I have my opinions. I felt that there is a boost in performance. I never said Ensueno ran smoothly, and I never thought it would, but I feel that the game has improved enough for me and for other people to make a decent size park, with a decent FPS.

Perhaps I was wrong about newer computers? I was guessing since my computer runs Soaked pretty well, that newer hardware would be able to handle it even better, but I guess that isn't the case for some people.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    The fact we can now build tunnels, and put fences on path tiles ( :rolleyes: ) makes me wanna get the game, however im not paying for it. See you in RCT3 soon :)
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    I'll have to get this game, but I think I can wait until it comes out in one of those goofy duo packs like RCT Gold and what not.
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    I finally gave in and bought this earlier tonight.

I'm gonna experiment with it, it's hard not to get inspired by seeing some of those screens.
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    I was playing around with some of the options and found out certain things about the camera options, that well... surprised me!

The game does have an isometric view option, meaning your camera angle is restricted to an isometric view and 90 degree rotations, just like the original RCT 1 and 2. The good thing is, this option boosted my FPS even more, since the game no longer has to focus on backgrounds, clouds, the sky, and all the possible angles you can view your park in. A park I was getting 13 FPS in, I now am getting around 23-26 FPS.

It doesn't look to bad actually. I actually like using it better than the free form camera modes, since I find it easier to build in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are no reflections in the water though, but it still looks pretty good.
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo
    Simply beauty Kevin. :D
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Those look very good kevin.
  • cg?%s's Photo

I was playing around with some of the options and found out certain things about the camera options, that well... surprised me!

The game does have an isometric view option, meaning your camera angle is restricted to an isometric view and 90 degree rotations, just like the original RCT 1 and 2.  The good thing is, this option boosted my FPS even more, since the game no longer has to focus on backgrounds, clouds, the sky, and all the possible angles you can view your park in.  A park I was getting 13 FPS in, I now am getting around 23-26 FPS.

It doesn't look to bad actually.  I actually like using it better than the free form camera modes, since I find it easier to build in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are no reflections in the water though, but it still looks pretty good.

Next thing you're going to say is you didn't know there was a grid just like in 1 & 2, or height markers just like 1 & 2. Sheesh. I found that out about 20 seconds into the demo!

Anyways...

It's great for building, but "Advanced" is my favorite for viewing.

Whatever...

Your screens are pretty, but dull. Work on them!
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

still, those waterfalls are a bit hard to create..... but i'll learn, i think :D

They do look beautiful, gonna play around with some slides now :)

Erm. Everygame is cracked before it gets released.
    Welcome to the scene...
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

I think you meant segue.

Really? Is that how it's spelled? Wow... I honestly never knew that. :lol:

And cg... I figure it's best to build in ISO mode, then explore and take screens in perspective mode. Makes sense to me. That might help my case too... I'll have to test it. :D
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    No, dont change them the realism oooozes out of them. The screens remind me of Commandos 2/3.
    One of the biggest things about RCT3 is that landscaping is uber easy to create dramatic yet realistic landscape, you have achieved this here.
  • Fenix%s's Photo
    Bought Soaked yesterday afternoon, and I it's freaking great. It's possibly the greatest expansion in RCT history, and with that said I feel cheated. Yes the expansion is incredible and worth getting or should I say a must. My only issue is that I feel I was sold the other half to RCT3 (original). I really didn't have a problem with the original game until I realized how big a difference Soaked made. It really feels as if the game was incomplete, until Soaked came along. It kinda makes me mad, but I'm glad RCT3 is now a whole game. Thanks Atari 8@ .
  • Richie%s's Photo
    When you've installed soaked, do you use the socked cd, or the actual RCT3 cd?
  • JKay%s's Photo
    ^you do not need your RCT3 CD to install Soaked, but you will need a new no-cd crack to launch RCT3 after you've installed Soaked....I think that answers your question richie.

I just bought Soaked today and have been playing for a couple hours now. I must say, they have dramatically improved the game. The gameplay is still a little tricky, but its definitely better. The performance has improved, but still seemed a little choppy. Nothing to the point that the game is not playable. The added features are great. The "ctrl" key option is now there. The paths are somewhat easier to place, especially when dealing with slopes and grades. The added scenery, rides and attractions look pretty good and add tons of theming options to the game. The pools, waterfalls and tunnels are awesome. They are a little hard to use, but do function. It took me about 30 minutes just to get a working waterfall. :( . The tunnels are pretty simple. It seems they just took the tunnel idea from previous RCTs; simply just build thru. Its pretty nice. Lots of theming options available with tunnels too. I must say, I'm hooked now. I'm working on a solo, but will probably keep it secondary to my RCT2 projects. Soaked is worth your money imo. Too much potential fun to pass up.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    ^I cant wait to see stuff from you JKay.

I've been fooling around with Soaked a good bit, i really like it.... I find it kind of addicting compared to LL or RCT2.... I like playing it but its pulling me awary from my RCT2 work :(
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Sounds like Soaked could be the beginning of RCT 3 gaining prominence around the site. Remember that RCT 2 took about a year to take off as well, and that was after good custom scenery became readily available. :)
  • Richie%s's Photo

^you do not need your RCT3 CD to install Soaked, but you will need a new no-cd crack to launch RCT3 after you've installed Soaked....I think that answers your question richie.

Ok, if i get soaked on cd, install it, would the soaked cd run the game (like the LL disk runs RCT2) or would i still need use the origional rct3 cd to run the game?

Just ignore the fact i dont have the origional. on disk :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading