RCT Discussion / JULY 2005 Death Match "Voteing"

Which park is better?

• cg?%s's Photo

I voted Posix, even though I couldn't get a good look at it (not having LL). Simply judging from the screens I have no interest in looking at Penguin Bob's entry at all, while I really want to see Posix's. So, that's how I voted, even though Posix's does look a bit boring.

Anyways...

I never even started on my design, although I did get an idea, so, I'm going to try and get it out tommorrow! After all, you can't actually go in, out, or through, Temple Terrace at anytime tommorrow, so, why not play a videogame all day?

I don't get it... isn't bob's more like that whole "scenario-ism" you proposed a few months ago? It's not in the NE-style at all! And yet you choose posix's? You hypocrite! :p :p :p

J/K... I just liked the boldness of bob's a bit more. Cockpit Tension is a great ride, tho... fantastic layout, but maybe a tad too plain for my liking. Or maybe I just loved Bob's titles. "AMERICA... F*CK YEAH!!" :lol:

No. Bob's isn't "Scenario-ism", Bob's is "n00b-ism"... there is a difference, you know... still not having gotten on the Windows computer (I just got up... eeK!), I can't tell whether the guests like Bob's or not, but I'm certain they could like it more if it was done less, well, n00bish.

Guests do like scenery (increases excitement for rides, increases guest happines, increases park ratings, makes guests think "The scenery here is beautiful", earns you the "Most beautiful park in the country" award, etc), elevation (increases ride excitment ratings, might increase park ratings), sensible pathways (prevents guests from getting lost, might increase park ratings), and rides other than rollercoasters (many guests are afraid, or sickened, by rollercoasters, and often exciting non-coaster rides like rapids and flume have a higher intensity-to-excitement ratio, increases park ratings)!

Oh, and you may have noticed that some things I'm less sure about then others... that's because I haven't done as much extensive testing for all of them... but I'm working on it...

Edit: Oh, Posix, thanks for the screens... you're definetly getting good... again... whatever... very beautiful... and simple... which I know is what you were going for... the coaster looks awesome... and the whole explosions thing looks like something I'd enjoy if I enjoyed explosions (I don't... especially not in RCT...)
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Mine was just a big joke. It was fun making it, but required no thought (except for naming) and was obviously slopped together. I might make something like this again, only with more thought behind it, for the hell of it.

Posix's was lovely, and deserved the win. There was only one part on that coaster that I didn't like (the farthest turnaround), but the rest was great. The fireworks were really cool.

I'll do what posix did and post the esentials so you guys don't have to look at it:

Posted Image
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo

BOB's was like Jacko's half of Suck City on steroids :p

I was totally going to say that. So many people want to be me, it's just ridiculous!
  • Steve%s's Photo
    But it IS always cold in Boston.

...well, most of the time.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

But it IS always cold in Boston.

...well, most of the time.

Ten bucks says you won't be saying that by the end of this week. :(
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Why? I haven't been watching the weather. Is it gonna get warm?
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    Probaly overly excessively humid, like it has been some days.

Anyways both interesting entries. Bob's was funny (at least in my opinion), and Posix' layout was awesome, as usual.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I was just kidding on the scenario-ism part, cg... taking your stance and totally exaggerating its interpretation. :D
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

Or maybe I just loved Bob's titles.  "AMERICA... F*CK YEAH!!" :lol:

wow, he named a coaster after a song in the movie he probably saw minutes before. how awesome.

see, the fact that people, at all, vote for pbob (this time round..), saddens me. I mean, pbob was up when i first looked 5-2, and my vote made it 5-3! damnit.
  • cg?%s's Photo

I was just kidding on the scenario-ism part, cg... taking your stance and totally exaggerating its interpretation.  :D

I knew that, I mean, it's not like the ":p" and "J/K" didn't completely give it away... I was thought it would be a good way of attacking Penguin Bob's peice of shit...
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

attacking Penguin Bob's peice of shit...

Woooooooooooooow, cg?.

It was a joke, and you're taking it seriously?

Get a life.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    I suggest you try the same.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Wow, a good post by chapelz.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

I suggest you try the same.

I suggest you try falling in a ditch.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    I suggest you go fuck your mother.
  • cg?%s's Photo

Woooooooooooooow, cg?.

It was a joke, and you're taking it seriously?

Get a life.

Yes.

For me, and I am probably in the minority here, but still, a joke can only be good if it is both funny, and good outside of being funny. In other words, say, for a Comedy film to be good it must first be good as a film, and then as a Comedy. An example of this might be, say, "Manhattan", or "Being there", or "Dr. Stangelove, or how I learned to stop worrying, and love the bomb", or anything by Buster Keaten, which would all be brilliant films, even if they weren't funny! They're simply made more brilliant by the fact that they are funny... very funny! This is what I demand from my comedies, and I judge all "joke" parks in the same way.

Conveniently, however, Penguin Bob's was bad in both ways. It made me chuckle here and there, and impressed me as a park here and there, but overall, I didn't find it very funny, or good.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    LOL... maybe I was in a weird mood. I liked it for the fact that it was messy, etc... I might have called it shit another time. Oh well. RCT mood swings. :D
  • posix%s's Photo

Wow, a good post by chapelz.

:lol: just what i thought and then i read your post.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    I have my moments.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    on a lighter note

AMERICA
    FUCK YEAH
    HERE AGAIN TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUCKIN DAY
    YEAH

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading