(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / The New Empire~download p.4

• FredD%s's Photo
    What if the Roman Empire still excist today ??
    What if the Roman Empire never is destroyed ??

Would we be smart ??
    Would they be smarter then we are now ??
    Would we have special forces ??

Posted Image

This is the lighthouse with the lighthouse-keeper his house next to it.
    The lighthouse keeps that the boats don't crash up the cliffs.

Edited by FrEdD, 02 January 2006 - 05:29 AM.

• hobbes%s's Photo
    I don't like the combination of rooves there (the steep slanted ones, then the pirate ones) or the stuff by the water there, but the rest of the screen is pretty good. I really like the columns.

Interesting story...
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I am not to crazy about the custom tree and the square windows, yet other than that I love the tropical feel. It doesnt looks very lighthouse like but it still looks good.
  • Jazz%s's Photo
    I dislike the foilage selection.

I mean, you have a Norway Pine and a Cycad Tree together... just doesn't make sense...

Also, the custom tree looks kinda odd and out of place, considering it's very dense when in comparison with the rest of the foilage. (And it's supported on water..)

The building itself is average, but I don't like how you have 3 different roof selections on one building...
  • Jay_Ho%s's Photo
    I like it.
    The Archy is nice and the Building is very detailled, but i dont like the lowest wall...the ivy doesnt look good but i think thats matter of taste...

Jay
  • Emergo%s's Photo
    Looks rather nice at first .
    At a (not even in-depth) second look it gives me a weird feeling: might be technically sufficient height for a lighthouse, but I don't recognise it as being one. Even if you are not a gardner or a botanist,a fir tree aside cycad bushes ??? ( RCt is far from realism, but still.... this really goes too far for me to get a good feeling out of it)
    There are more inconsistencies, many already mentioned.

Still I think you could make nice parks, but as someone already said:
    start working a bit for yourself and just post when you've thought it over twice (at least...) ;)
  • sixflagsfreak56%s's Photo
    Evil ivy!

Bad tree selection.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    I bet if the Roman Empire was still around you would speak better Latin, or English for that matter.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    If the roofs were the same color, it'd look MUCH better...
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Forum Romanum

Every Roman city has his own Forum.
    That was a square with public building round it.
    The Forum Romanum was the beating hart of the capital city of the Roman Empire.
    Next to the forum, you can find the Colosseum and the Palace of the Emperor.

The Forum Romanum Ride
  • Fisheye%s's Photo
    I really like how the ride interacts with the buildings weaving in and out... its similar to a project im working on.
    The colours are really nice aswell, using different tones. But im not sure personally if its really Roman-city-esque.
    Keep goin though :)
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I am not crazy about the foliage in that last screen. Way to much brown for my likings. There also seems to be too much roofing as well. Still it really shows some good effort
  • FredD%s's Photo
    KICK!

This is the entrance of the circus...

Entrance of the Circus
  • MasterOfDisaster%s's Photo
    cool screen here... not too much, but enough detailled...
    but i cant say much about it, because it's too little...

i'll say more when u make a bigger screen :lol:

- MoD - :SA:
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    I can't quite put my finger on it but something about the lighthouse buildings looks awkward. Perhaps try reasing the height of the central tower to make it look more lighthouse like. Good luck with the park

Metro B)
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    i read a book like this once.
    well, only sort of like this.
    the archy doesn't really look very roman, to me.
    but then again, one could theorize that "if the romans still existed" the their architecture would have changed and evolved over time.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    That is probably my favorite screen so far from this park.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • jon%s's Photo
    It looks interesting and detailed at first glance. But at a depth, it looks boring and unimaginative. And those colours are extremely boring and the path is ugly.

Aside from that. It's wonderful.
  • Phatage%s's Photo

Would we have special forces ??

duh

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading