(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Flashback recreation

• yyo%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    During the 2002/03 season of SFMM I was lucky enough to go on a day when somehow, Flashback was operating. While it obviously isn't that great, it's wasn't terrible like I had heard before. However what I have heard now is that it's basically SBNO since the 2003/04 season (which is bullshit, Guinness shouldn't let them keep the record if they aren't even running it).

So basically, here's where rct came in. I've had this file sitting around since early 2004, with a couple un merged track pieces. For some reason, all of a sudden inspiration and insomnia kicked in, and I finished everything else up today. It's "peep friendly" in the same way as posix's pharao, just with sloppier hacking. Theaming is nothing real special, as I don't see how it can be, but I find it's accuracy (and uglyness) hard to beat.

anyway. nothing much, just a first recreation attempt.

Posted Image

Posted Image

and the dowload: see below

*note: the ride doesn't go underground or under the quee, but I had to do this to get the drops accurate.
  • Alpengeist%s's Photo
    Nice one, I think i need to re install RCT, havent touched the disk since my park got erased.

Anyway, I will check it out.. tomorrow maybe.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    [font="Arial"]I always liked Flashback. I'll have to look at this later on.
    I found it interesting that you used the large half loops. On just about every recreation that I see of Flashback, the small half loops are used.

I'll edit this post with my comment on the ride whenever I get the chance to look at it.[/font]
  • cBass%s's Photo
    I remember this ride from when it was Z-Force at SFGAm (researching... ouch, that was 1987!). Does it still hurt like a bitch to ride?

Anyway, the recreation looks nice.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    technically, I believe they are called "corkscrew drops" or something like that.

Made obsolete by advances in coaster design, mainly B&M.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Actually I first rode it at SFGAM when it was Z-Force in 1986......then again at SFMM as Flashback.

The years have not been kind to that ride.
    Oddly, the most painful thing that I've experienced on that ride was while exiting through the turnstile, and a little brat tried to force her way backwards through the same turnstile, thus crunching my leg.

If I were a violent person, I would've hurled her onto the brake run.

Instead, I screamed like a baby.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    the download is giving me problems. rctd seems to be down?
  • yyo%s's Photo
    EDIT: nevermind, new link: http://www.rctd.com/...shback-SFMM.zip
  • Steve%s's Photo
    lol. i think that's the wrong one. i don't know japanese, anyway.
  • yyo%s's Photo
    fixed.

again.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Having been on Flashback once, I can say that thats a good remake. I never really like the coaster itself, yet it seems like the remake is well done.
  • posix%s's Photo
    nice. very nice.
    i'd never bury exit huts though. mechanics leave the ride on top (on land) after fixing and won't find their way back down.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    that ride is one bad-ass motherfucker, i hated that shit so much. why don't they replace it with something nice, or add-on to the water park that they have there.
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    That was pretty chill looking.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Made obsolete by advances in coaster design, mainly B&M.

...after they broke away from Intamin.

I was lucky enough to go on a day when somehow, Flashback was operating

You have one strange perception of luck.

But it's not truly accurate until it has an intensity rating of 48.37. Sorry... this one's not up to par. Or down to par, I should say.

And I would have used the small half loops.
  • Blitz%s's Photo

...after they broke away from Intamin.

You have one strange perception of luck.

But it's not truly accurate until it has an intensity rating of 48.37.  Sorry... this one's not up to par.  Or down to par, I should say.

And I would have used the small half loops.

sorry that the irony in my post was not obvious enough for you =)

(it was supposed to be a joke).
  • misolbaid%s's Photo
    I thought it was called a hairpin turn.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    lets mix and match... hairpin drop?

corkscrew turn!! :lol:
  • gir%s's Photo
    I think it actually is a hairpin drop blitz. :p I think a hairpin turn would be stuff like on wild mouse rides.
  • Phatage%s's Photo

that ride is one bad-ass motherfucker, i hated that shit so much.  why don't they replace it with something nice, or add-on to the water park that they have there.

Because quantity is better than quality, always.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading