(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Flashback recreation

• John%s's Photo
    Spoken like a true Six Flags executive airhead. :p
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    six flags needs to get some sense about itself and liquidate some of their parks and focus on others. some of the rides in their bigger parks are so run-down that they are barely ridable. they should improve the parks instead of expanding like wildfire.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    ^They're starting to do that now, mainly because they have no choise. None the less I agree, and could expand that to Cedar Fair a bit. Now I don't want them to sell off any of their parks but it wouldn't hurt them to retrack Mean Streak and get some padded trains for it, maybe hire GCI to do it and get Millennium Flyers... Kill the trims on their other woodies and retrack them too. Supposedly Timber Wolf @ WOF was amazing, however my understanding now is that it's just another mid-sized wooden coaster. Maybe that's CCI's fault but really...

Anyway sorry for hijacking the thread, I haven't even downloaded the file.

ride6
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    you should never be sorry for providing good discussion.
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    I rode that at SFGAM. I forgot how much of a pain it was. I always thought it looked great, but to ride it was a different story. Didn't Iron Wolf take it's place? The coaster may have changed, but somehow the pain remains.

Flashback is/was part of this grandiose ride exchange idea of SF. Someone got it into their head that it's a good idea to install and rip out attractions as if replacing flowers in a garden. Tidal Wave ended up someplace else too. Another great coaster ripped out and sat rusting in their bone yard for years. I rode it after my graduation from boot camp at Great Lakes Training Camp with a few friends from my company.

It gave up it's place for the first inverted B&M Batman: The Ride. It was good in it's first years but now that Montu, Raptor & the Fire & Ice Dragons of Universal's IOA are around, Batman looks sadly pitiful, almost a kiddie ride by todays standards. Then they went and painted the spine yellow, and did one crappy job of it. You could still see the gray under the yellow.

Who's in charge of that place anyway? Pee Wee Herman?

They yanked out Sky Wherl that 3 armed ferris wheel (that was part of the original line up of attractions when it opened as Marriot's GAm,) which I always liked. It was a great seat to rest while getting up into the breeze. I used to toss pennies onto the roof of the gondolas around us as we went around. It was the place I could kiss my girlfriend while enjoying a spectacular nightime view of the park.

All for that POS Deja Vue. I never liked that ride. "We'll just stop you up here, while the OTSR dig into your chest and lower you slowly into the station." Maybe they'll rip it out and sell it to some needy park overseas. (just get it out of the states thanks,) and install a good ride instead, like a top star or something.

Sky Ride? Gone. "But we'll leave the supports up for sentimental reasons." They used to have a double log flume attraction. One had logs & the other had boats. They couldn't maintain the boats so now a sad skeleton of an attraction remains while the logs run past it.

But instead of addressing these issues, and others I don't care to go into deep details like how their coin op machines are broken down, how their gardens are full of dead flowers & weeds, how their electric wheel chairs break down halfway into the park, how their so called "helpfull staff" didn't know how to get in touch with their supervisors to help me with the electric wheel chair,(wasted over an hour with that fiasco.) How a train was stuck on The American Eagle, while the attendant kept asking us to wave our hands in the air, and another attendant climbed the chain lift and looked disgustingly at a little girl who was crying and borderline having a fit. well, the list goes on.

So, instead of facing these issues, they go and open a new water park next door. Which can only be truely enjoyable for a month & 1/2. otherwise it's too cold. Yeah, I'll be going back there real soon. :@
  • Phatage%s's Photo

It was good in it's first years but now that Montu, Raptor & the Fire & Ice Dragons of Universal's IOA are around, Batman looks sadly pitiful, almost a kiddie ride by todays standards.

That's why you go beyond looks and ride the ride and find that because b&m's age so well and this ride was already super good to begin with, it kicks your ass with constant super g's. Honestly, I think the btr's (8 cars per train, I hear the 7's aren't as intense and logically they would be) are the 2nd best inverted-anything ever built, only to nemesis.
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    Now you know why I used the qualifier "almost". :) It doesn't actually mean that I think of Batman as a kiddie ride. It simply means that in compairison, Batman looks mighty small. In fact I have been on it just this past summer.

Having never been on Nemesis, unfortunatly, I'll have to leave Nemisis out of the list of coasters I've actually experienced. I would rather talk about coasters I've actually been on. No offence. I assume nothing until I ride them myself.

BTW: Are there any other inverted coasters in the UK besides Nemisis?
  • tyandor%s's Photo

BTW: Are there any other inverted coasters in the UK besides Nemisis?

B&M: Nemesis Inferno, Nemesis
    Pinfari: Vortex
    Vekoma SLC: Traumatizer, Jubilee Odyssey, the one being build at Flamingo Land Theme Park & Zoo
  • trav%s's Photo

Vekoma SLC:Jubilee Odyssey

That is an awesome ride :yup: .
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    I tried to hunt down these coasters, but Pinfari: Vortex was hard to nail down. I looked for both names (manufacturer & coaster,) as you might imagine, there is more than one "Vortex" out there.
    However, I managed to find FLASHBACK in an effort to keep this on topic.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading