Theme Park Discussion / Scariest roller coaster of all time?

Scariest roller coaster of all time?

• troy%s's Photo
    i went to new jersey 2 weeks ago, and i went to six flags great adventure, i decided to go on kingda ka cuz eveyrone was like OMg tallest roller coaster in the world!, and the line was literally 3 hours long (shuda got fast pass). and yea i nearly passed out when i got on the ride. on thaT List ive been on superman, mr.freeze, millenium force, titan, chang, and now kingda ka. so which do you think is the scarest ride?
  • trav%s's Photo
    I noticce that theres no English coasters in there :rolleyes: .

I would say that Nemesis is pretty scary.
  • ECC%s's Photo
    None are scary.

All are fun.
  • troy%s's Photo

I noticce that theres no English coasters in there  :rolleyes: .

I would say that Nemesis is pretty scary.

yea also the enviroment or the scenery around the coaster changes the mood, like nemesis cuz its in like a mountain/hill like scenery.
  • Dixon Steele%s's Photo
    I've never been scared to go on a coaster. I will ride anything, from the highest to the most rickety, and have fun while at it.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Scariest thing i've been on wasn't a rollercoaster - it was the teacups. Damn whiplash.
  • trav%s's Photo
    The frog hopper made me shit myself :'( .
  • postit%s's Photo
    voted titan because it is closest to goliath, and the first time i rode goliath, i was scared the most i've ever been.
  • artist%s's Photo
    Well i suppose im not scared of coasters per say but a few have made me scared at some point during the ride like on millenium force when you are nearly finished with the lift hill and about to drop my heart started pounding and i was wondering what the fuck is this going to feel like, but when i hit that drop i didnt feel scared just pure excitement and an amazing feeling of flying. So yeah coasters dont scare me but the build up to riding them can do.
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    The scariest thing I've been on is the "It's tough to be a bug 3D show".

Fucking scary. The spiders and bugs and shit everywhere. Gahhhhh.... bad memories.
  • troy%s's Photo

Well i suppose im not scared of coasters per say but a few have made me scared at some point during the ride like on millenium force when you are nearly finished with the lift hill and about to drop my heart started pounding and i was wondering what the fuck is this going to feel like, but when i hit that drop i didnt feel scared just pure excitement and an amazing feeling of flying. So yeah coasters dont scare me but the build up to riding them can do.

i personally hate the feel of the first drop, i like inversions :)
  • artist%s's Photo

i personally hate the feel of the first drop, i like inversions :)

The first drop of a coaster tells you everything about the ride itself imo. I see coasters like i see movies, the beggining has to be entertaining and enough to keep your intrest up while the rest of the coaster has to maintain the excitement of the first drop and keep it up untill the coaster hits the brakes. You have one shit first drop or if you will beggining to a coaster you can pretty tell that the rest will not be that great either. Take millenium force as an example that drop is one of my favourites, it's steep, monsterous and well gets enough of you going for the rest of the ride. Do you understand what im saying?
  • Dixon Steele%s's Photo

The scariest thing I've been on is the "It's tough to be a bug 3D show".

Fucking scary. The spiders and bugs and shit everywhere. Gahhhhh.... bad memories.

Damn those seat pokers!

*shakes fist*

:lol:
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    No amusement ride is really scary because you know that you're actually always in perfect safety. Well, mostly.
    Scary shit doesn't happen in a controlled environment like a roller coaster.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Since you said from all time, I'm definately going with the Crystal Beach Cyclone. I don't get scared by coasters, but I'm pretty sure that one would be scary, and of course, hurt real bad.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    the Ultimate at Lightwater Valley.
    Seriously feels like its going to be ripped off the rails... Roughest most worrying coaster ever... good old british rail
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I can't really judge anymore since the only rides that still scare me are Waveswingers/Yo-Yo's,
    Posted Image
    little Ferris Wheels,
    Posted Image
    and occasionally the sky rides/chairlifts where you have your feet hanging. These are all mostly because the people I'm riding with tend to freak me out, by bumping into me on the swings, or shaking the chairs on the wheels and the lifts.

But of the coasters on the list, S:TE is not even remotely scary. Kingda Ka and Dragster seem like they'd be over too fast to be scary. Millennium Force might be because it's tall and you have to go up the lifthill. Steel Dragon 2000 is closed indefinitely, so I don't know how scary sitting in the station would be on that. Vertical Velocity actually scares me a lot, because as it launches it makes this screaming noise that always makes me jump in the station. Though not on the list, Jack Rabbit at Kennywood scared me, because I actually feared for my life on it. Because of it's lack of restraints, the very violent airtime on the double down, that I was sitting in the very back seat, and that I had my hands up, I ended up pretty much standing when I got launched up on the double down. Let's see, Flashback makes me afraid of a concussion. Kiddie coasters make me afraid of humiliation. I was a little scared the first time I rode Goliath I guess, back when I was still a coaster n00b, so I guess that might win for me personally, though I think MF looks like it'd be scarier (I haven't been to CP). CedarPoint6 is right though, the Crystal Beach Cyclone might have been scary, because I would've been worried about breaking a rib.

BIG EDIT: I just remembered!!! The rides on top of the Stratosphere Tower in Vegas do scare me a little because they're up so high and I still have a slight fear of heights!

I lean forward on "It's Tough to be a Bug."
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I'll go with Lightning @ Revere Beach MA. On its opening day a girl fell out and died and a few other people were hurt or died coz of it I think.

I have never been that scared on a coaster, but Power Tower at CP made my eyes pop when I saw how high up I was being shot into the air.
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    I almost had a heart attack on "Honey I shrunk the kids 3D", when the mice are scrambling up the seats. I had no fucking idea.
  • Atlus%s's Photo
    Since I haven't been on all of them, Null vote.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading