Theme Park Discussion / Scariest roller coaster of all time?

Scariest roller coaster of all time?

• X250%s's Photo
    Nothing really scares me that much, although Apocalypse at Drayton Manor- where it tilts you 45° so you are facing directly down and then the floor drops... That shit me the first time i went on it. But then i rode it eleven times in a row after that... So that don't really count.

Probably teacups, 'cos i hate them. Theyre boring, and sickening, unless you go on with a nice girl of course, then things can get interesting. oo yeah.

-X-
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Steel Dragon 2000 is closed? What for?
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

Steel Dragon 2000 is closed?  What for?

It had some wheels fall off or something. And in Japan, once a roller coaster or ride has an accident it's really hard to get it reopened.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

It had some wheels fall off or something.

Well. THAT would be scary.
  • Dixon Steele%s's Photo

It had some wheels fall off or something.  And in Japan, once a roller coaster or ride has an accident it's really hard to get it reopened.

OMG! A wheel fell off! It must be some ancient Japanese demons! Let us never re-open it again.
  • Atlus%s's Photo
    ^That wasn't very funny.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Well. Wheels falling off rollercoasters is a pretty serious thing, I think.
  • Dixon Steele%s's Photo

^That wasn't very funny.

Stuff a jaffa cake in it.

Well.  Wheels falling off rollercoasters is a pretty serious thing, I think.

Yeah, but you see, all they'd really have to do is conduct an investigation as to why it happened (most likely due to poor maintenance... no one died, anyway) Reguardless, it's pretty stupid to have a coaster just sit there and rot away when the accident could be prevented in the future.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    So if it was poor maintenance, what would they say? "Okay, do a better job!" and let them go and reopen it without really improving anything (witness the 3 accidents in one year occuring on Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad).
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    Scariest thing I've been on was Power Tower at Valleyfair. It isn't bad until you realise that you're looking 50 ft. DOWN to see the top of Wild Thing. Then they let you sit up there (275 ft. up) where all you can hear is the wind and something banging on the top of the tower.

I haven't been on any of the 400 ft. coasters yet, but I imagine they'd scare the crap out of me, too.
  • Dixon Steele%s's Photo

So if it was poor maintenance, what would they say?  "Okay, do a better job!" and let them go and reopen it without really improving anything (witness the 3 accidents in one year occuring on Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad).

Dude... it's been closed for like two years. And two years is plenty of time to fix it, unlike Disney.
  • artist%s's Photo
    yeah actually freefalls scare me, detonator at thorpe park takes you up 100ft and it starts a countdown but sometimes its timed wrong so you dont get dropped after one it could be after two or whenever. pretty scary shit but i love it.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    I'm with Xcoaster. I've never been on a rollercoaster I'd back down from, but I rarely go on chairlifts, skyrides, ferris wheels, freefalls, or most especially the swings. That shit freaks me out big time. Also, I rarely go on things that make me sick...not because they're scary, but because it's just not pleasant at all.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    I've only been on Superman...but I have to say that it was one of the least scary rollercoasters i've been on (despite obvious choices such as mine train/kiddie coaster) It did absolutely nothing for me, didn't make my stomach go, you don't anywhere near the top, and the launch wasn't intense at all. I think the most intense ride I've experienced is probably X simply because it is totally different to anything I've ever been on and you just don't know where you are going. Thorpe's project stealth may top it on intensity factor though...who knows.

Metro B)
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Wicked Twister was scary, but then they put some more supports on it. :( So I dunno..
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Since you're talking about all time, what about the gravity railway?
  • posix%s's Photo
    cyclone at coney island, ny.
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo
    no rollercoaster is scary but there are two rides that have scared me. the first is X-scream at the top of the stratosphere. i sat in the front seat of that and let me tell you, a little lapbar holding you into a seat looking 1,100 feet straight down to the ground is scary. the second ride is the skilift at lake compounce. i dont know exactly how high it goes up the mountain but its a 30 minute ride so that shows how high up it goes.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    You people are all afraid of chairlifts? Jesus.

Where my fellow skiers and snowboarders at?!?

ps that Lake Compounce lift, I saw it on TV. It goes up a hill. It only takes a long time because it's slow as fuck. There are no real mountains in Connecticut.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

You people are all afraid of chairlifts?  Jesus.

Where my fellow skiers and snowboarders at?!?

I don't mind riding in chairlifts too much by myself (it still scares me more than most coasters, since I feel much more exposed), it's just that whenever I ride with someone else, they almost always take it upon themselves to see how much they can get it to swing, which really freaks me out. On the other hand, I don't mind enclosed chairlifts and Ferris Wheels at all.

EDIT: I just remembered the ride that looks like it'd be the most terrifying to me, by far:
    Posted Image
    The Star Flyer looks like Satan, in ride form. A swing ride crossed with a drop ride. I could probably do it, but I'm pretty sure I'd be holding on real tight.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading