Theme Park Discussion / Scariest roller coaster of all time?

Scariest roller coaster of all time?

• Scorchio%s's Photo
    I voted for Alpengeist, though I wouldn't call it "scary" - it definetly gave the biggest adrenalin rush though. It was the second inverted coaster I'd ever been on. The first one I'd ridden was Lethal Weapon: The Ride, at WB MovieWorld, Australia... a crappy Vekoma SLC.
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    The only ride(s) that still get me are drop rides (Drop Zone, Power Tower). I don't know why. Just sitting up there for a few seconds drives me nuts and I close my eyes and clench my teeth when they drop. Even if I know the exact second it's gonna drop it still gets me.
  • troy%s's Photo
    i personally hate freefall towers, the only time ive been on one is when superman power of tower opened at six flags over texas.
  • REspawn%s's Photo
    I'm with X250, floorless tilted Apocolypse was scary the first time.

No coasters are really scary to me, they're just for fun.
  • gir%s's Photo

The only ride(s) that still get me are drop rides (Drop Zone, Power Tower). I don't know why. Just sitting up there for a few seconds drives me nuts and I close my eyes and clench my teeth when they drop. Even if I know the exact second it's gonna drop it still gets me.

Agreed. Tower of Terror freaks me out so much. The scariest drop tower I've been on is Big Shot ontop of the Stratosphere... :0 But, uh, roller coasters don't scare me.
  • trav%s's Photo
    I love freefall towers. Apocalypse is good, but I've only been on the standing up tilted one.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    The pictures of the old Lightning coaster look pretty terrifying.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    I know it's not a ride, nor does it scare me, but skydiving gives me a rush that not many coasters come near. And where is the Strosphere, again? I can't remember.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    The Stratosphere is in an otherwise terrifyingly shitty part of Las Vegas.

And you skydive? Nice.

That's what I mean, about really getting scared. Rollercoasters are a controlled environment. No real risk, unless you're riding a faulty Six Flags coaster or something. Skydiving is real badass. Personally the scariest shit I've done is when I'm skiing a real tough run and realize halfway through, "Shit, I'm in way over my head." Way riskier than some rollercoaster.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Kumba and CP6 know their shit. Crystal Beach Cyclone/Revere Beach Lightning (a clone) are widely held to be the all-time scariest. They wouldn't make anything approaching those rides nowadays because it would just be unsafe.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Pussies..

And you know what really pisses me off? They fucking took down Drachen Fire a couple years ago because peoplesaid it was too rough. OMG! Have they never ridden a woodie before? That was my favorite coaster of all time. Man, if I ever get the chance, I'd love to recreate a clone of it. Damn, now I'm all upset.
  • Fisheye%s's Photo
    Sadly Lightwater Valley is my home park... and that fact in itself is scarier than any of their rides lol.
    The original wooden wild mouse at Blackpool Pleasure Beach is probably the only ride i worry about.
    Nemesis was just a rush of adrenaline, not scary though.
  • trav%s's Photo
    ^Woah, same here, where do you live?
  • Fisheye%s's Photo
    I move to Leeds Uni in Headingly next week.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    The thing with Harry Traver's twisted coasters is we only hear they were terrifying. Surely, they look like they kick ass and all, but these were coasters from the late 20's that really anybody who's been alive to tell about them could've only ridden them in childhood years. Hell yeah I would want to ride them, but I wouldn't give them the vote on somebody else's word.

On that note Steel Force was my first hyper, really anything close to a hyper, so that would prbably get my vote as I rode it when I was like 7 even over a 456 ft. tophat. The standard single twist impulse with the holding brake are pretty damn scary also. But in modern times, I'd say the scariest is riding on MF's lift when the thing speeds up in the middle in those Intamin trains...
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo

You people are all afraid of chairlifts?  Jesus.

Where my fellow skiers and snowboarders at?!?

I don't mind riding in chairlifts too much by myself (it still scares me more than most coasters, since I feel much more exposed), it's just that whenever I ride with someone else, they almost always take it upon themselves to see how much they can get it to swing, which really freaks me out. On the other hand, I don't mind enclosed chairlifts and Ferris Wheels at all.

EDIT: I just remembered the ride that looks like it'd be the most terrifying to me, by far:
    Posted Image
    The Star Flyer looks like Satan, in ride form. A swing ride crossed with a drop ride. I could probably do it, but I'm pretty sure I'd be holding on real tight.

Where is the ride located? It looks pretty fun. If it's in the U.S., I might give it a go.
  • Steve%s's Photo

cyclone at coney island, ny.

bingo.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    my sense of danger is completely lax when it comes to coasters I guess =)

Same goes for snowboarding and skiing... I do some crazy shit (and some crazy chutes, too).
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Flat rides scare me WAY more than rollercoasters, so I nulled.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

my sense of danger is completely lax when it comes to coasters I guess =)

Same goes for snowboarding and skiing... I do some crazy shit (and some crazy chutes, too).

It's actually bad when you lose any sense of danger on snow, because skiing and snowboarding by their very nature really ARE dangerous.

Oh hell, you live in California, you got nothing but soft fluffy powder all the damn time, you can't get hurt in that.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading