Music Forum / Rock Or Rap?

Rock Or Rap?

• trav%s's Photo
    Which do you like better?

I personally can't stand rap, so I like rock better.
  • X250%s's Photo
    Rap, of course. Just don't like most rock music, personal taste really.

-X-
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Prefer RnB over rap.. but cant stand rock.
  • Splash-0%s's Photo
    Rock.
    Rap just doesn't appeal to me, except for a very few songs.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    I null voted... I like both as long as you're not talking guns and roses or lil jon type stuff.
  • Atlus%s's Photo
    Rock...clearly. Although not stereotypical rock.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    lil jon is rap? I thought it was shouting?
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    When I shuffle songs on iTunes sometimes I'll go from something like Avenged Sevenfold to Kanye West. I have somewhat of a prefrence to rock. I like most rock except for a lot of punk, death metal, hardcore scream and stuff like that. When it comes to rap I listen to Kanye, Mike Jones, and Ludacris but that's about it. I don't shun rap like most rock listenin' people do, I just don't like very much of it. It's all good. Go BG.
  • inVersed%s's Photo

lil jon is rap? I thought it was shouting?

Lil Jon is CRUNK! music.

Though a lot of this rap stuff out currently is pure garbage.... I do admit that now of recent I have been listening to some of this mainstream rap like Cassidy, T.I., G-Unit Young Jeezy, Ice Age, D-Block, Dem Franchize Boyz and Boyz N Da Hood, i admit its quite catchy (still there rhymes are quite weak, besides Cassidy and D-Block that is)... Though out of all this mainstream stuff I think Nas, Common, and Kanye West take the top.

I still prefer Gangstar, Talib Kweli, Outlawz, Wu-Tang, 2pac, Mr. Lif, and Notorious B.I.G. better than anything though.

R&B is good too, like Anthony Hamilton.
  • jon%s's Photo
    I chose Rock. I detest Rap.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I'm actually at the point now where I like both equally. Well, if it's good music anyway. There's still a lot of both that I don't like. I also like a lot of blues and jazz and old motown and soul music and, when I can find it, music from other countries. If the music is good, it doesn't matter what language they're speaking.

It does make me sad that people generally hate one or the other. It makes me sad because it means people haven't really given that kind of music a chance. In fact, it's rather symptomatic of a much bigger problem I think. If people can't give strange music enough of a chance to appreciate it, what are the chances of them accepting other groups of people as their equals? It's only different and strange to you if you haven't made the effort to understand it.
  • Atlus%s's Photo
    Ed, it's not that I haven't given Rap a chance. I've even tried to listen to some of it over the holiday, with an open mind. I just don't like it. I think it's the case with most people...just down to taste. I just have a particular taste of music and this does not include Rap. I just find it all too similar (*waits for every rap fan to flame*).
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    You forgot "cheese". I choose both, don't see why you can't.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo

It does make me sad that people generally hate one or the other. It makes me sad because it means people haven't really given that kind of music a chance. In fact, it's rather symptomatic of a much bigger problem I think. If people can't give strange music enough of a chance to appreciate it, what are the chances of them accepting other groups of people as their equals? It's only different and strange to you if you haven't made the effort to understand it.

The truth!
  • iGNiTED%s's Photo
    ROck definately.

rock just has more varieties, and just sounds better overall in my opinion. its usually easy to pick out different bands and styles. rap just sounds the same to me. its hard to tell different artists apart. and beleive me...i hear rap everyday...especially living in a small town with like...40% of the population is black gangsta thugs walking the streets or riding in their old beat up cars with their $4000 stereo systems and spinners, blasting the music so loud, stuff falls off my shelves, and the snare on my drum set rattles....i cant stand it. theres just hardly any skill involved at all in making it either. i actually like country better than rap. i respect the skill level and patience that the musicians have to have to play their instruments. but i hear country a lot too...we got a lot of freaking rednecks all around my town too...(no offence)...and they blast tim mcgraw from their cars too...
    but rock is way better imo. except bands like slipknot and other crap like that... who let the circus out...
    as long as its not satanic and gothic, i listen to it.
    but classic stuff...like jimi hendrix ....is the best...by far...lol
    ok im done now...dont get offended....this is just my opinion...

'josh;.
    ;)X
  • trav%s's Photo

but rock is way better imo. except bands like slipknot and other crap like that... who let the circus out...
    as long as its not satanic and gothic, i listen to it.

:'(
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    rock.

but imo its sensless to start a discussion about taste of music.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo

but imo its sensless to start a discussion about taste of music.

I agree. It's senseless to make small talk at all. Why do we talk anyways, it's not like it's gonna help somebody out, right?

Kinda mindless, IMO.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Rock. Hip Hop is for kangaroos.(that was a joke)
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    i don't like music in general.

so that automatically makes me above you all.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading