Ask the Experts / Kumba's Hack Tips

• Ling%s's Photo
    *cough* Wow

I tried to set a rapids track (steel looping coaster) to be invisible, and when I tested the rapids ride itself, when it left the station I got an error trapper... (and I know how to set the invisible track)
  • Levis%s's Photo

*cough* Wow

I tried to set a rapids track (steel looping coaster) to be invisible, and when I tested the rapids ride itself, when it left the station I got an error trapper... (and I know how to set the invisible track)

always first put it to test before you set it invisible ;) .
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    lmao, tho on pg 1 of my tips I just noticed it's half messed up and could lead someone to do the wrong thing. To make something invisable the track type needs to be set on crooked house, I say that in "Step 2" but in the pic under it I show the train type being set to crooked house mode, did I mess you up there?

Also I have never really had a problem getting go-karts to run on track without peeps, just testing it on boat hire mode seems to get the job done.
  • super rich%s's Photo
    I would listen to levis Kumba lol, he managed to fix SWA and saved the park:) Thanks again man.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    okay just to note it once again.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A RIDE INVISIBLE PUT THE TRACKTYPE TO A FLAT RIDE LIKE CROOKED HOUSE
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Wow I feel like an idiot. Sorry about that guys, and thanks for the help.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Ok I fixed the image that showed the wrong thing. I also added some new info and re-did the guide enoght to where I now deam it Version 2.1 :)

I added 2 new tips, one on error scanning and some advice on avoiding "white out" errors.

Enjoy :mantis:
  • Levis%s's Photo
    hey you finally found out how the white glitch error came :D ?

do you want to know how you get the raised land error to ?

ty lower a land tile with object manipulation lower as it should be able to and watch what happens :p (I was asked to put some hacking error in a workbench for a hacking contest, that's how I found out how I need to do most hacking errors).
  • trav%s's Photo
    Does anyone know how to sink ride entrances? It wont let me do it with 8cars and I don't know how to work SoB at all.

NVM, I worked it out :).

Edited by trav, 15 October 2006 - 09:30 AM.

• Levis%s's Photo
    ja227 don't want to fix the 8-cars anymore, that's why it isn't possible with the 8-cars.

you need the SOB trainer.

- start special building mode
    - build the entrance and exit
    - execute special building mode -> sink scenery
    - end special building mode

---

I know you found it already but I just say it for others ;) .
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    I have a question. How do you sink a ride entrance and station or make it so a ride just keeps going in a cycle (Doesn't stop at a station)? I am trying to make something like the Ragnorok where the cars just kept going in a circle at a constant speed without stopping at the station. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. :)
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I think all you need to do is build the ride with a station only one section long and then increase the number of cars per train so there are no gaps between them. Then just set the ride mode to powered launch. Maybe somebody could explain it better.

Edited by OLE, 21 October 2006 - 01:23 PM.

• Levis%s's Photo

I have a question. How do you sink a ride entrance and station or make it so a ride just keeps going in a cycle (Doesn't stop at a station)? I am trying to make something like the Ragnorok where the cars just kept going in a circle at a constant speed without stopping at the station. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. :)

just build the track where they need to go on.
    then build the station outsite the track (same track still) and build in it with zero clearence so it will connect.
    the cars start out the station and go on the track but don't leave them anymore
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    Yeah. Since I build the thing you are going for, I'll explain it. Build a station and then track from there in form of a 9. The lower part of the 9 is your station and the circle is the actual track. Whe you set it on boat hire mode it will leave the station and enter the circle of the 9 and never leave it again. If you put some chain lifts here and there you can have it going with a constant speed forever.
    egg
  • Gwazi%s's Photo

Yeah. Since I build the thing you are going for, I'll explain it. Build a station and then track from there in form of a 9. The lower part of the 9 is your station and the circle is the actual track. Whe you set it on boat hire mode it will leave the station and enter the circle of the 9 and never leave it again. If you put some chain lifts here and there you can have it going with a constant speed forever.
    egg

Alright, it worked! Thanks egg. And I'm guessing you just hide the station within a building?
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    Yeah right. You can also hide the station underground if you merge the circle to another track and make just the overground passage invisible.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Ok, that's cool. I pulled off the hack once, but now when I do it, I can't pull it off. I want to know the order of which I should do these three hacks:
    1) Change the track type to Crooked House
    2) Change the car type (The track with the correct car type doesn't work for this hack)
    3) Change the mode to boat hire

When I try to use the Crooked House hack, I get an error trapper. Any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    maybe you used an forbidden track element.
    for example a block brake
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Ohh. I did use a block brake. Cool. I'll try it without one. Thanks. :)

EDIT - It works now. Thanks a bunch Levis! :D

Edited by Gwazi, 27 October 2006 - 02:37 PM.

• Lloyd%s's Photo

...Power lunched mode, or Boat hair mode...

Damn, i can't find these anywhere ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading