Ask the Experts / Kumba's Hack Tips

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    For the merging, when you build the track the opposite direction into the other track, do you have to restore clearances with 8cars? There's no restore clearances on SOB as far as I know, and you didn't mention anything about restoring clearances. I just tried it with restoring clearances with 8cars, and I got a white glitch and a trapper error.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Can you please help me?

I've tried every single way of merging.
    I've built the tracks facing each other. When I did that, it didn't leave a white glitch, but the cars just stopped when they were supposed to transfer to the other track.

I've built the tracks facing the same direction. When I do that, it's impossible not to get a white glitch, because that happens as soon as I select the piece I want to build.

I've tried zeroing clearances and restoring clearances at different times, that doesn't make a difference.

Help. Please.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    Have you tried merging with using the "map object manipulation" technique? I know it, and can teach you it, look for me online.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    It sounds like your merging with zero clearence which for me, never works, even if its just decoration track over the main track (heartline tunnels). Sometimes, building through a track with zero clearences for me has caused the old track to just completely dissapear. And the games definately not going to be very happy about that, possibly why you got an error trapper. Usually people merge with raising and lowering the track in ride edit. Its pretty easy to find tutorials for that. Ive never tried map object manipulation, that might be worth trying. Since sometimes the tutorials are hard to remember the steps, its usually true that original track is the one the train goes to when two are on a square in opposite directions. But if your merging in the same direction, I think it is most recently built the train goes to. The second part is just my theory and hasnt been made hacking law by Levis/Kumba/etc ;).
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    Merging via raise/lower:
    Always raise/lower the track the train is coming from. (i.e. merge A to B, raise/lower A, merge back from B to A, raise/lower B)

Merge via zero claerences:
    Train always jumps to the tack being built first. (Only works with single tile track elements.)

Yes, it really is that simple.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^Oh my god. I had built the track that controls the train first. All that frustration for this.

Although knowing my luck, it probably still won't work.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    This may seem like a stupid question...but does the ability to merge tracks just fucking randomly dissappear every once in a while? I tried merging like I normally do, tracks are facing each other, oldest built track, tried every tutorial, etc, and absolutely nothing happens. Scrolling through the track, it doesnt work in either direction, its just two pieces of track on one square doing nothing. And its getting kind of frustrating since it isnt complicated or anything...just something or someone (me) is fucking up.

Possibly track type? But there should be no problem with giga and LIM.
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    Get an older version of 8cars for raising/lowering track.

-disneylhand
  • Levis%s's Photo
    make sure both tracks fase the same way and not are facing to each other
  • JJ%s's Photo
    ywah
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo

make sure both tracks fase the same way and not are facing to each other

You sure? Because I know before I have done it facing each other and it works fine. But I guess its worth a try. As well as getting a different version even though 1.30 has worked every time before. I guess I'll just fuck around with it a while longer.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    He is correct... :p
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Ok you guys win :party:

It works now, although I have no idea how I did it before.
  • Mx_Kid3O7%s's Photo
    i accidentally overloaded my game with objects and ive tried over and over to uninstall it but that won't work i cant find a way to get in to object data to delete it all but i cant. what do i do?
  • Levis%s's Photo
    which operating system are you using ?
  • Mx_Kid3O7%s's Photo
    im using just the origal rct2
  • Levis%s's Photo
    which version of windows, linux or unix or mac os are you using
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Ok, another question, I just dont feel like starting a new topic.

Could someone explain to me, if you have two tracks and merge them together, how to get the train to go back on its original track? Such as, if you have two tracks next to each other and one s-bends into the other one so two trains are on one track, then the track s-bends away forming two tracks once more. The natural tendency is for the train to stay on the track it is already on. Does anyone know how to overcome this?
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    It will be stuck there forever. There is no way to alternate trains on the same height.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Hmm...how does the dual station hack work then? I haven't really looked at one closely, do both trains return to their original tracks or are they stuck on one? Because after thinking about it, that hack is similar to the one I am trying to do.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading