General Chat / Fifa World Cup 2006 Discussion & Predictions

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    Is Zidane a class guy or what? :rolleyes:
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Italy!
  • Nic%s's Photo
    Moment of madness.

Awesome way to spend your last ever football match.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Zinade wins best tackle of the tournament, completely fucking poleaxed Materrazi. France still deserved to win, in my eyes.
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo

Zinade wins best tackle of the tournament, completely fucking poleaxed Materrazi. France still deserved to win, in my eyes.

View Post

He deserved it IMO, his skills are awesome. :D
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Holy shit. That was unbelievable.
    I don't have much sympathy for Zidane. Even though Materazzi obviously provoked him you just don't do that!

I'm glad Italy won - I think they were the best team of the tournament. But still, what a way to end the World Cup...

Great fireworks though.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I just got back from watching it at, fittingly, a Garmen beerhouse :lol:

Me, my Dad and Sister went, the 3 of us in the Italy colors of Green (Me), White, (My Dad) and Red (My Sister), that was fun, place went insane when they won, not as crazy as when the Heat won, but still...

Zidane is a moron, and I guess that no hands rule goes for fights too? Hell of a header either way :p

I can't decide whats better, my (25% sorta...) native country winning or Frnace loseing, but im loving it :mantis: :mantis: :mantis:
  • posix%s's Photo
    zizou!!!!

why ... :'(
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    Zidane is a tool. But it was still pretty awesome.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    I have 50% German heritage, 15% Italian, 10% other European countries. I didn't care who won, though, because I have a friend from France and a friend with a strong Italian heritage. I rooted for France, though, because I am taking it in school, since they didn't offer German or Italian. Also, because France has Zidane. Shame he got a red card, but congrats, Italy! Great job! :)
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo
    What's a better way to retired then get a red card? Heh.... at least that'll make him more famous. "Hey, isnt he the guy who got the red card in the 2006 FIFA World Cup?"...
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    i think scoring the penalty france missed would have gotten him more famous, it's a scar on his carreer and a real big one at that. You expect you're favorite footballers to control themselves, i don't know what materazzi said it must have been pretty harsh and personal for zidane to turn around and do that. You know you're getting sent off then right? I think it also ruined the real chance France had, as they should've made the penalty round seeing Buffon might as well not be there jumping away from the ball everytime. All the France players were confronted with winning a world cup with a huge scar on it. And the respect you have for Zidane is definitely, way, way less now. Also notice de Rossi actually got an elbow in his face now from i think Malouda, serves him right? no. Malouda walked away without anything. Anyways, i'm glad Italy won. They deserved it because they made 1-1 in 10 of the most awesome minutes after a very doubtful (dissapointing) penalty putting them 0-1. I do not think France would have been capable of scoring OR playing like that. Italy was good the entire tournament but for the US match (in which they were basically sleeping and confronted with the fact the US really did think they could win ;P) France... they were horrible the first three matches. I wouldn't have liked it if a team that old would win, especially since i honestly don't think they're that great still. Anyways, i loved Italy and i enjoyed the fact they won! =D. Deserved too.
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Quite right,strange how he lsot it on his last game. But i was fairly happy for the Italions to win it didnt really bother me too much.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I'm surprised that he didn't make sure Materazzi was off the pitch injured. If I was going to headbutt someone like that, and I knew it was my last game ever, i'd damn well make sure the other guy couldn't carry on playing...
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Lool yeah im still wondering what it was that he said to Zidane lol.
  • Nic%s's Photo

Most Entertaining Team

The FIFA Award for the Most Entertaining Team is a fairly new accolade for the FIFA World Cup. It is a subjectively awarded prize for the team which has done the most to entertain the public with a positive approach to the game. The award is always organised through public participation in a poll.

Guess who won?

Those fun loving Portugese.

Edited by Nic, 10 July 2006 - 05:19 AM.

• mantis%s's Photo
    That's a ridiculous choice. I'd have thought Italy would win.
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo
    Zidane got best player though. HEh..
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    I wasn't backing any team, especially...but I heard that France deserved the match.
    Well, the penalties are a lottery, Italy did that better and they won, there's nothing to do :|

Lool yeah im still wondering what it was that he said to Zidane lol.

View Post

So do I.
    I think that after what he did, he didn't deserve the Golden Ball...he's a great player, but the reaction he had was unnecessary.

Edited by RCFanB&M, 10 July 2006 - 11:30 AM.

• Jellybones%s's Photo

That's a ridiculous choice. I'd have thought Italy would win.

View Post

Italy was hardly entertaining in the final. They were dead from halftime on.
    Also, that award is ridiculous.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading