some little things...

Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

enjoy
  • X250%s's Photo
    Some really nice stuff there Matze, i really like the last screen with the rapids-bridge, very nice. If this is one of your solos, make sure it gets finished this time! :p

-X-
  • Marshy%s's Photo

Posted Image

i have to admit, i really really like that screen
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    QUIT WHORING YOUR OWN WORK. WE HAVE THE AD DISTRICT FOR THAT.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

QUIT WHORING YOUR OWN WORK.  WE HAVE THE AD DISTRICT FOR THAT.

View Post

I think you don't understand this topic completely: it's about showing the 'little things' that people might have missed or something you are really proud about. So posting work of your own is very likely. However some people don't understand that larger screens and screens with too much 'overview' don't belong here.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Brrrap Brrrrap!!

Posted Image

^ftw!
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

I think you don't understand this topic completely: it's about showing the 'little things' that people might have missed or something you are really proud about. So posting work of your own is very likely. However some people don't understand that larger screens and screens with too much 'overview' don't belong here.

View Post

i'm fine with people posting little details from their park. i got mad because matze is using this thread to gain popularity or what have you by showing screens of work that has not yet been released. i'm fin with turtle doing IC, or artist doing IoE because those parks have been released and a majority, if not all, of the members of the community have seen those parks and may have missed those little details. that, to me, is what this thread is for; showing people little details they may have missed when looking at your park. NOT showing screens of your own work that very few people have seen, if any at all, as a means of showing what you are doing, or to just flaunt it, as it seems many people have been doing.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Fuckin hell does it matter? :lol:
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    ^ Ha, that's what I was thinking...

Although lately it's seemed to less of "look at this specific thing because it's cool and usually not noticed" to "look at this entire screenshot that has a lot of detail and pick out something you like".
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    Okay i'm not trying to whore thisk but i just thought some people might wana see this....
    The station area to my Alpengeist inspired Fusion Survivor II entry....for the realistic among you please notice the baggage rack.

anywho everyone go and download both the innovation and Ultimate maps from the FUsion website (that was whoring it)
  • Marshy%s's Photo

Posted Image

More playing around with landblocks. Meant to be a recreation of "Old Harry" and "Durdle Door", two local landmarks.

Hey, i've visited those, and i must say, its a good attempt lol..

Old Harry
    Posted Image

Durdle Door
    Posted Image

Marshy
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Haha, brilliant! Obviously some artistic license went into them, but yeah...

We used to climb up onto Durdle Door and dive off the far side of it when we were younger, and a little more care-free...

RCTFAN, that's brilliant. I really, really like that whole screen, actually. Do you have AIM?
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Ive just been browsing a few park's and i know i know, Iris did his own review for sea world brisbane, but i wanted to do one 'cos i loved it so much.

You have probably seen everything i am about to show, but i liked it so much i really wanted to do a 'little things' post for it.

So anyway...

Posted Image

The barrels! It looks so nice, with those plant pots at the front, and the torches at the top. I found the entrance to the queue really nice too.

Posted Image

I don't know why I loved this cable car station so much, the braces across the station might have been it, or the fact that its so simple set so brilliant.

Posted Image

An obvious favourite, and probably one of my favourite inversions ever, simply because it looked so damn good. Everything is brilliant...the rocks on the inside of the corner, the walkway, the towering building next to it, the fantastic waterfall, the photo shack, and the foliage.

Posted Image

This screen is yet again so simple, but pulled off perfectly. the lighthouse is so simple, but wow. I even loved the torches, and the boat.

Posted Image

I didn't really like the minicoaster at first, i thought it was plain, boring, and showed signs of Steve rushing. But for some reason, the more and more i look at it the more i fall in love with it.

Posted Image

This was definatly the highlight of the park, and probably the best queueline ive ever seen. The waterfalls were ace, and the custom rocks were also great.

Posted Image

If somebody told me that they were going to use a colour scheme of white and blue, i would laugh in their face and tell them to rethink. But after seeing this amazing entrance area, maybe i should rethink. The architecture is small, but great. The fences were cool too.

Posted Image

The operating booth was a great touch, and the little one tile buildings were simple but looked great.

Posted Image

Wow, i know this is a 'little things' topic, but i cant pick any little things out of this screen. The reason? It looks so good as a whole, what a turnaround.

Posted Image

This walkway was beautiful, the 'framing' was great, and the chairlift over the top looks awesome. I love the little 'dead ends' with the benches in.

Posted Image

And finally, i dont even know what it is, but its great anyway :bunny: .

I've never really noticed these little things in peoples parks, but people are putting more and more details into parks, which really excites me when i imagine what we will see in the future.

Great job, Steve v2 :D

Edited by Marshy, 07 April 2006 - 06:33 PM.

• Steve%s's Photo
    Thanks Marshy. I enjoyed that post. The last thing is meant to be like a tide pool exhibit, with the creatures and foliage/coral underwater. I really like the turnaround too, for some reason. Not to sound big-headed but I think the supports really add to it, regardless of how realistic or nonrealistic they really are.
  • Ruiz%s's Photo
    I like the sixth pic. The drain looks so in-place. Good job, Steve.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    steve, that foliage around that turnaround is immaculate. i love it.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Pics in Marshy's post wow'ed me, grats Steve.

I've not actually downloaded any of the PT2 Parks, not through arrogance its just Im always out or playing on WoW so I never get the chance. I look forward to downloading SWB one day though!
  • thirteen%s's Photo
    Alright.
    Now I'll present some little things from a really cool, classic style park from Turtle:
    Bijou Magique

I looked at this park about 1000 times and it impressed me really much, despite it is kind of simple built, it got plain waterfalls and in some cases blocky buildings. But things like framing, texturing, realism, fantasy, sense, details ... really give it an awesome touch.

Here the little things:

1. MUSIC
    Posted Image
    A totally underrated factor of parkmaking. The music in Bijou Magique really creates atmosphere and in those mythic and mystical themes it is just perfect and makes me shiver in some parts of the park.

Posted Image
    The use of path is just awesome in this park. Turtle knows how to inflict the path in the theming, just awesome.

Posted Image
    I love these barrels and treasures on the path. Funny for the peeps ;) + these yellow-red flowers fit really good, I never thought they could be used ANYwhere.

Posted Image
    Probably the best custom ship in rct I've seen. Details like this catwalk and the dude in the cage at the top (outlook).

Posted Image
    The smallest area in the park but a nice one. This hacked monster truck ride is cool. It really interact with the theming. (rumbling cars at wooden bridges...)

Posted Image
    I think I dont need to explain that ride. The station is awesome + awesome foliage. On this screen you can find these little fire torches, they are really thin but cool ;)

Posted Image
    beauty meets rct

Posted Image
    These really small port area is amazing. Its a contrast to the others mystical ones. Really love the wooden coaster roof

Posted Image
    These stone arch thing is really cool. Just awesome to discover.

Posted Image
    Simple custom lamps, but impressive.

Posted Image
    Imagine you sit in the wooden train and the lifthill beams you up. Sunbeams dazzle through that shrine... just awesome

Posted Image
    i love the fact that this temple on a small island got cannons to protect itself and the bay behind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    alright that were my little things from bijou magique. Really cool park.
    And excuse my english crueltys, i am a german guy.

Alright, have fun dudes :mantis:
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    ^^ if only sea world actually built like that
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Thanks very much thirteen, glad you liked it. I hate looking back on it now, there's only certain bits of it that I like, the rest just seems, well, simple.

I'm annoyed that I couldn't get to Steve's park first, but i'm glad that someone did it. I love parts of it, and i'm sure it will become a classic. You continue to amaze me.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading