RCT Discussion / The little things...

• iris%s's Photo
    I guess...this thread is just turning into 'look at my parks!'. There's a full forum for that.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    If this topic is called "The little things..."

Why am I seeing full screens of parks and giant structures, and a giant cow.

-Ryan
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I've edited BigFoot's post so you'll have to copy&paste the URLs.

I think it might be a good rule of thumb for people to do whatever parks they want by whoever they want, but try and stay true to the title of the topic. Perhaps that way everyone will be nice and happy?
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Yes. Definitely.
  • thirteen%s's Photo

Just wanted to give a big thanks to MoD and trav for doing write-ups on RMM in this thread.  I didn't even notice them until today (and what a pleasant surprise!).

And trav, regarding your question about RCT years vs. real time.  I believe that 1 RCT year is equivilent to appx 45 minutes.  But 243 RCT years isn't totally accurate for RMM considering the year reset to zero when I imported objects, which was around thte 25% completion mark.  Therefore, I'd say that theres 300 RCT years in RMM, which is appx:

135,000 minutes = 225 hours

DAMN!

Anyway, thanks guys.  Its very motivating to see people take the time to analyze such brilliant RCT works.  Maybe I'll post something else here later.

View Post

I think you're wrong
    when i got RCT 2 i testet it how long one year is
    and it was about 55 minutes
    so i think you can say 1 year is 1 hour
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    as far as I know, the lenght of a rct year is dependant on how fast your computer is (if it can keep up) and how large your park is (engine load).
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Yep. RCT years take (took?) ages on my 300mhz pc.
  • trav%s's Photo
    ^A Rct year is longer than a Rct2 year though.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    BACK TO THE LITTLE THINGS.

NO ONE CARES HOW LONG AN RCT YEAR LASTS.
  • trav%s's Photo

NO ONE CARES HOW LONG AN RCT YEAR LASTS.

View Post

Um. I do.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    right, no one.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    exactly, no one cares.
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    So an rct year lasts how long?
  • RMM%s's Photo
    hour and a half exactly for me. :p
  • thirteen%s's Photo
    so whatever
    jkay built millions of years on this park
    thats what counts ;)
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    BACK ON TOPIC, PLEASE
  • cBass%s's Photo
    Fine, I'll get this going again.

One of my favorite releases in recent memory is Titan's Archangel. While at first glance the architecture and landscaping seems overly homogeneous, a closer look reveals that every single building and corner has something unique about it. For my Little Things I've concentrated more on the landscaping...

Posted Image
    I love waterfalls in RCT2, and I'm starting to really like the land tiles too. The combination of the two has barely been explored, but Titan combines them beautifully here.

Posted Image
    Another water feature, this time overlapped a bit with the unique and creative architecture.

Posted Image
    You've just got to love this tasty little nugget of path theming. Don't ask me what it is, but the 1/4 tiles, tubes, land blocks, bushes and flowers form a perfect harmony here.

Posted Image
    Did you notice the gears behind the windows? Obviously it looks cooler in-game, but you get the idea.

Posted Image
    Playing with the map edge and land tiles is super fun. Try it sometime!
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I laughed at the last sentence. :)

I don't think many people do landscaping as nicely as Titan, and I can't think of anyone who does it better, in my opinion.
  • hobbes%s's Photo

I don't think many people do landscaping as nicely as Titan, and I can't think of anyone who does it better, in my opinion.

View Post

Seem redundant to anyone else? :kiss:
    Nice pics and words there, cBass.
  • Brian T Hopkins (BTH)%s's Photo
    I remember when simple things like trees not being all the same collor was a new idea. It's amazing to see what people have done with RCT's tools.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading