(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Disneyland WW Free

• Highball%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Here it is!

According to Corky, you have to have the AE Jungle Cruise ride file as well as the Peter Pan, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Alice in Wonderland, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Haunted Mansion cars downloaded separately. Now that everyone can see it, I look foward to any and all comments! Thanks again, tyandor.

Edited by Corkscrewed, 07 February 2006 - 06:17 PM.

• Steve%s's Photo
    It nearly took me an hour to open it, but it was worth it. Such an awesome park. It was also a surprise too, because I have never seen the Tomorrowland yet. Rocket Rods was very cool.
  • Hay Head%s's Photo
    After the download is finished and I open the folder, and I try to double-click on the park, it will not load. Can someone else send it to me? Or could another download be posted, I really want to see it.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    After finding some missing rides and such, it was nice to finally be able to look at this park. Especially having just been to Disneyland. There were parts I really liked, but unfortunately overall I found it a little uneven in quality. Nonetheless, thank you so much for taking the time to make it available. It is greatly appreciated.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Ice....my Disney cohort..........it rocked!!!!!

Except for Shadowlands....that area needs a good rethinking. Other than that, I just spent about 45 minutes looking at this park.........hello gorgeous.!!!!!!

OK, can this now get an honorary Spotlight....please?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I sent you a PM about missing an AE object. It's AE-JUNGL-longstringofnumbers.

Anyone know which specific one that is? I don't want to waste my time d/l'ing all of them.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Probably the ride vehicle... or something in the jungle cruise folder zip.
  • X250%s's Photo
    Great park Iceman! I have no idea how this did not get a spotlight, its one of the most spotlight worthy park i've ever seen, i hate that imaginary barrier! Anyway the park was fantastic, the rocket rods was my favourite, how they glided above that complex go kart track and then thrashed around the buildings inside the area. You created such good atmospheres in each section, the haunted/spooky section being best, you created such a dark, evil lurking atmosphere in that.
    One of the best parks i've seen in a loooong time, and that small world add-on was interesting too, thanks for the scenery. ;)

(ps:- for those struggling with downloading the rides, i downloaded all these below and it worked fine, theres 8 files required, however you may need the 'alice' ride aswell but i couldn't fit that in the zip file, its on AE's site, im not sure if Iceman used it though, anyway here are all the AE customs i could find:.)

AE Rides Download

-X-
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    OH... MY... GAWD!!!!!!

That just took me like half an hour to figure out every single ride I was missing. I didn't want to d/l everything, so I had to d/l each new ride vehicle, extract it, open the game in RCT 2, read the NEW missing object scenery data, download that ride, and repeat, until I could finally open the park.

I'm going to update the .zip file into the Runner Ups directory, but I've included my own ReadMe that gives direct links to all the missing ride cars.

Never until now have I really thought people over indulge on custom scenery, but since I had to go through that hassle, I can finally draw a line. The park was lovely, but did you really HAVE to use ALL those custom ride vehicles? Jungle Cruise I can understand, since it's noticeably different, but Pirates can use the regular splash down boats. Space Mountain can use regular rocket cars or the Arrow looper cars. Alice in Wonderland could have used Cat Cars. Considering it's not even themed, I'm not sure you really needed the extra effort. Peter Pan could have use the single rail suspended, altho I can forgive custom cars here as well. And you included Splash Mountain logs even though there is no such ride in the park! #1: Regular logs could have done well #2: YOU DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE RIDE I THE PARK!!!!!!!! And finally, your Doom Buggies could have been the regular RCT Haunted Ride car vehicles. Makes things a lot easier.

</RANT OVER>

EDIT:
    Updated version is now on the site. After going through all that trouble, you can NOT say I don't care about the site. :p
  • J K%s's Photo
    I have all the rides but when i click copy and paste into the saved games section it won't let me paste it. I can paste any other my files except your ones i downloaded.
  • Akasha%s's Photo
    @J_K: You could also read what Corkscrewed said. The rides to download are:
    Alice in Wonderland,Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribean, Jungle Cruise, DoomBuggies, Peter Pan flying things and Splash Mountain. And then go to AE's site and there they are :kiss: .

As for the park..
    :OMG:

That's just amazing! The only thing i doný really like is BTM , but since that ride is impossible to do.. it's ok :kiss: . I have been wandering around for hours!
  • J K%s's Photo
    I said above that i have all the rides. Ive got everything the park just won't paste into my saved games folder but every other one will.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

OH... MY... GAWD!!!!!!
    Updated version is now on the site.  After going through all that trouble, you can NOT say I don't care about the site. :p

View Post

You do know I was the one so kind to de-WW it right? :kiss:
    I'll be doing the same for Disney Sea whenever he finishes it :SA:
    btw, what I did was convert every WW item and dimport them and believe me: that was a looooooooooooooong and boring job. Fortunately I already had half of the objects converted when I de-WW-ed EGAS.
  • Highball%s's Photo

I sent you a PM about missing an AE object.  It's AE-JUNGL-longstringofnumbers.

Anyone know which specific one that is?  I don't want to waste my time d/l'ing all of them.

View Post

Boy I replied to that message like the day you sent it. I offered to send the files but no response.

You do know I was the one so kind to de-WW it right? 
    I'll be doing the same for Disney Sea whenever he finishes it 
    btw, what I did was convert every WW item and dimport them and believe me: that was a looooooooooooooong and boring job. Fortunately I already had half of the objects converted when I de-WW-ed EGAS.

And no worries, tyandor. I included your name in the topic title and first post. They know it's you. I'm too lazy to do something like that. And you already have DisneySea, why not get a head start on the job. ;)

EDIT: I just noticed that this was posted as a news item on the main page. Let it be known that it was tyandor who de-WWized Disneyland, not I. God bless the man for his patience.

Edited by Iceman, 07 February 2006 - 05:49 PM.

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Boy I replied to that message like the day you sent it. I offered to send the files but no response.
    And no worries, tyandor. I included your name in the topic title and first post. They know it's you. I'm too lazy to do something like that. And you already have DisneySea, why not get a head start on the job. ;)

EDIT: I just noticed that this was posted as a news item on the main page. Let it be known that it was tyandor who de-WWized Disneyland, not I. God bless the man for his patience.

View Post

Weird... I never got that message. PM's always show up at the top of the page when I get them, but it didn't even do that. Oh well. :lol:
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

I have all the rides but when i click copy and paste into the saved games section it won't let me paste it. I can paste any other my files except your ones i downloaded.

View Post

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Sooooo annoying... I try to copy and paste, and it says it's pasting, but nothing shows up. Same with cut, and when I try extracting it, it says an unknown compression format was used, or something like that.
    :'(
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Park opens up fine for me... what version of WinZip are you using?

Oh, and credit to Ty has been edited in. :)
  • Toon%s's Photo
    You need to extract it using WinZip, the zip program that comes with XP will not work.
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    Yeah I've already seen the WW version but this is a very imaginative park...though definitely not spotlight quality IMO. The hotal area and Main Street are flawless. Very nicely done with perfect Disney touches. Tomorrowland is very nicely done, too. The same quality does not hold true with some other major parts, thought -- the Badlands area, or whatever it was, was very weak IMO (with some un-Disney and rushed archy IMO.) I didn't really get what was going on with Big Thunder Mountain, either. Those long straight sections underground before the lift? If this whole park kept the same quality featured in Main Street, the hotel, and parts of Tomorrowland, it would've been among the elite parks ever released.

Nevertheless its still a great park and worthy of Runner up.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    WinZip. *Grumble* Anyways, I got it working now. Took at least an hour.

It seems like I'm the only person who has liked the ShadowLands. I'd personally *much* rather see something new and creative than something that isn't as much. However, I think I actually prefered much of the old version of that area. Phantom Manor + The Legend of Sleepy Hollow > Rapunzel's Enchanted Tower (or something to that extent). Is the new version of ShadowLands supposed to be based more around Brothers Grimm type stories? I guess maybe I could see the Rapunzel ride working if it was supposed to be more like what was in the Brothers Grimm movie, sort of like a more medieval Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor. Regardless, I still like the area because it's more of a step out on a limb, as opposed to a variation on an established theme. What else... TomorrowLand was good, much more consistent than DiscoveryLand, though there were some parts of DiscoveryLand I missed, such as your Columbiad Cannon base and the Astronomer's Club. Your version of Rocket Rods was very likely the best version I've ever seen.

Anyways, I'll look at it more later. I was mostly just looking at the areas I knew would be different from the first version.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading