Theme Park Discussion / Roller Coaster Jeopardy

• Ride6%s's Photo
    That sounds like something that would come from one of the CEO's of the PAX company. Who (if you don't know) were aerospace engineers before the fall of the USSR and have started one of the only major ride firms based in Russia.

But really I don't know. Werner Stengel?

Nah...

Ride6
  • JKay%s's Photo
    CH, you are correct, but you have to name the roller coaster too.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Oh wow, I have no clue, but I'll stab at it again...

Who is Anton Schwarzkopf regarding the Thriller?

-Ryan
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Schwartzkopf Jetstar/Jumbo Jet?
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    Who is Anton Schwarzkopf talking about Alpenflug?

Pretty sure that's it because if my memorary serves me right I believe it was the first suspended coaster.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    chapelz is correct.

chapelz, you can post one if you want, I'm done for today.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    I think I'll wait for you since I would probably come up with some crappy quesion the first poster would get right.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    I feel compelled to help you out, JKay. It seems you've run out of questions to stump people. I've got one that's slightly more difficult. Only slighlty, however. If you want a real brain buster, I've got one of those, too.

This Cedar Point roller coaster is the one with the highest 'length to height ratio', past or present.
  • coasterfrk%s's Photo
    Magnum XL-200 maybe? I dunno...this is just a guess.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    As in the most height for it's length or the opposite?

TTD is clearly the one with the most height for it's pathetic 1,800 foot length...

Maybe CCMR (Cedar Creek Mine Ride)... It's got 64 foot of length for every 1 foot vertical...

Ride6
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    length divided by height
    past or present
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    What is Dip the Dips Scenic Railway?
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Xcoaster is correct. Now here's the brainbuster.

(If it's you, then please let somebody else answer the question or give a misleading wrong answer.)

This is the name of the coaster named after a currently active NE member who had the name first, the last name of the NE member, and the park at which the currently 'under construction' roller coaster shall operate.

You want harder questions, I've got harder. :nod:
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    What is X Coaster at Magic Springs & Crystal Falls?
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    the last name of the NE member is?

Edited by HandyAndyG, 17 March 2006 - 11:16 PM.

• chapelz%s's Photo
    Snooks
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Correct. I just thought it was a strange last name, but no more clowning. I'll let him post the next one to make up for it.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Yeah, my last name is strange. Anyways, I was surprised to find that there is a X Coaster. I didn't know about it until I checked rcdb.com. Although, it's supposed to be changed before it opens, so I guess it isn't for long. At least I still have X. Alright, here's the question HandyAndyG sent me to post, since he was going to go to sleep:
    This Intamin AG indoor roller coaster is painted orange and took three years to build.
    (name of coaster and park)
  • Dixon Steele%s's Photo
    What is Supersonic Odyssey at Cosmo's World.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Correct. I have a idea for a question, but I think it'll probably be too hard (as in, the coaster in question is not even on www.rcdb.com), so I'll just wait for JKay to post some more.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading