2007 / FUCK IRC - AIM again for Day 2

• chapelz%s's Photo
    2007 NE Awards Chat guides

AIM - Sign on AIM between 1 and 1:30pm (EST) on Saturday and IM DRC2828 and I (Kumba) will invite you to the AIM chat room.

mIRC/IRC - Compiled by Chapelz

Well I decided to type this up for all of those trying to get into chat only to realize that the web page does not work.

1. First, you are going to need to download and install mIRC. It can be found here. As far as the installation I think its pretty straight forward but if you are having a problem just post it.

2. After getting mIRC installed open it on up. Do not worry about it saying it is only a 30 day trail after your 30 days are up you just have to wait like five seconds for the continue button to be active. Go ahead and click on the continue button.

3. A window called mIRC options should open up. For name you can put your name and for email put anything you want because spam bots can get it so I don't recommend putting your actual email. For nickname put your forum screen name and for alternative put another screen name in case your first one is already in use by someone on the server. Here is an example of my setup:
    Posted Image

4. Next click on the servers on the side and lets set that up for you. From the drop down menu under IRC Network: find and select 'GameSurge'. Next from the drop down menu under IRC Server: find and select 'GameSurge: Random US Server'.
    Here is what it should look like for you:
    Posted Image

5. This step and step six are optional but I would recommend it for all Parkmakers, Team Captains, and Admins. For this step you are going to need to setup an account through GameSurge by registering here. After registering they should send you an email with a line similar to '/authserv auth account name account password'. Go ahead and copy this and move onto step six.

6. Assuming you still have that little line from the email lets go back to mIRC and click on Options on the side under Connect. Click the Perform button and paste that little line under the Perform commands.
    Posted Image

7. Now for the rest of you go ahead and click on Options right underneath the Server tab we just setup. Once there click on the Perform... button and under the Perform Commands add the following '/join #newelement'. Once done it should look like this without the first line if you skipped step five and six:
    Posted Image
    I blurred my account name and password out for obvious reasons but if it looks like that go ahead and click OK to both the Perform window and the mIRC Options window.

8. Ok now you can either go to File > Connect or click the little lightning bolt underneath File. Here is a picture of the lightning bolt so you know what you are looking for:
    Posted Image

9. If you have done everything correctly you should be greeted with something similar to this:
    Posted Image

If anyone has any questions please do not be afraid to ask I would be glad to answer them.

Edited by Kumba, 16 January 2008 - 12:27 AM.

• mantis%s's Photo
    Have pinned this in place of the old topic. Thanks chapelz.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    thanks chapelz. now i'm in there and everyone else should go too.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Thanks for this topic Chapel, but I'm still having trouble connecting. I did all of your steps, but its just keeps saying i cant connect. Do you reckon a firewall in-built to the network would do this?

Metro 8)
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    ^ same here.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    Probably you probably have the port mIRC uses blocked. If you have access to your router or firewall unblock port 6667 it should work then.
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    still :'(
  • JJ%s's Photo
    lol. It's very easy/simple. Poor egg :'(
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Everyone should idle in here forever so we can always chat =(
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Egg, are you on your own internet network or are you part of a university/college network or something? If the latter, than you won't be able to access the chat...like me :(
  • Xenon%s's Photo
    I can't get in, network firewalls. :( Well I guess I'll just wait for the results.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Okay its at 52nd pick atm... Too bad Xenon. You missed some great picks.
  • LoneMarine%s's Photo
    I can't get on for some reason...

Anyway, Have I been chosen? :evil:

Edited by LoneMarine, 01 May 2006 - 07:51 PM.

• JJ%s's Photo
    why don't people just generall hang out there...

me and geewhzz get lonely...

Edited by blah188, 02 May 2006 - 10:41 AM.

• egg_head%s's Photo

Egg, are you on your own internet network or are you part of a university/college network or something?  If the latter, than you won't be able to access the chat...like me :(

View Post

No It's my home PC...
    I don't know much about that firewalling stuff and such.
    :'( But i have the important people in MSN or AIM - just wanted to see the draft, though...
  • posix%s's Photo
    sorry, it's a nice guide, really, i like how you made it up with the screens and all, but, i don't know exactly how many thousands of irc guides there are on the web.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    its specifically for the NE chats...
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Hey, someone come join the chat.

We're bored out of our fucking skulls, people.

-ACE
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Well at least I am...
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Also if they can't get mIRC to work or don't want to use it/download it they could just go to

http://gamesurge.net/chat/

and then type /join #newelement

once it all loads :)

and to change their nickname just use the bit in the bottom right hand corner.

right?

p.s. sorry for double posting

Edited by blah188, 03 May 2006 - 03:08 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading