H2H4 / H2H4 Teams and Draft Order

• trav%s's Photo
    Yes, but me and Kumba made a park for it at least. But no-one else did :(.
  • Ruiz%s's Photo
    Too bad.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    i think that a minor league is a great idea but a hard one to carry out. if we were do it we would have to find captains and do teams and someone would have to make up brackets and ext. im all for it i just dont want to set it up. :lol:

FK+Coastermind
  • Ruiz%s's Photo
    I would do it, but I'm probably not trusted enough.
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    Well Panic tried that last year and it was pretty cool but what happened was, it ended up getting almost, if not as much, attention as the normal H2H. Before you guys jump all over me, let me say that I openly admit I am definitely one of the lesser established players at NE in H2H now. But Iris called this the masters league...and I know there is some great talent in the replacement list, but it's not fair to the other players if you take away the spotlight that iris put forth. In all fairness, i mean there are exceptions, but MOST (notice, not all) people on that list have released stuff at NE...and hence, they're already established as reliable parkmakers. Excluding Mama Bear (the only exception I can think of off the top of my head, but there might be 1 or 2 more), none of the replacements have released stuff at NE, or submitted accepted designs, or whatever.

Doesn't it seem fair though, looking at this from a completely objective standpoint, that you weren't picked? Most of the replacements haven't proven that they can release full scale parks at high quality, so the captains have the right to acknowledge that and take those who have released stuff over them. It might be tough, but that's what happens in competition. There's gonna be people who are dissapointed for every person who has succeeded. Look at the people up there...and you'll understand what I mean. Again, I'm not trying to be arrogant or anything because I am on there...but I'm trying to defend the captains and iris' right to have a certain skill level for this season's H2H.

If you guys are really upset about it, then prove everyone wrong and build a kick ass solo. That's the way to take out such energy in cases like this.

Thus ends my rant.
  • Ruiz%s's Photo
    That was so true... I planned to releas something but H2H4 came so fast I panicked. I know I probably won't get picked as a replacement, but I had to at least try to get in.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    This mock contest shall be used as a proving ground to give players a chance to prove themselves worthy of the real H2h4. If a player does well in this mock h2h, then they may very well be picked up as a replacement for the real h2h.
    Many replacements on that list are people just waiting for their proving ground, their spark to start a fire. Why not give them a shot? How could we possibly steal much glory from the most insane lineup of parkmakers in any RCT contest ever?
    I'm not saying make this an official contest, just use it as a springboard to give aspiring h2h4 players and parmakers off the ground. NE already has plenty of glory. Let's help the people who don't yet have this glory to earn some glory for themselves.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Coasterforce said it first, but i'll echo his statement.

If you want a "springboard" to be picked as a replacement, build a full scale solo park. Then i'll take notice. Honestly, at the moment, I couldn't care less about some of the people actually in the competition, let alone most of the people in the replacements list.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Just to set the record straight, there will be no 'minor league' H2H. Several of the parkmakers that are in H2H4 last year were shut out of H2H3. They had the next year to prove themselves and earn themselves a spot in this season. For the most part, the reason most weren't picked was the lack of material. So, solve that and go build something else. That way, when H2H5 eventually comes around, you'll be respected parkmakers and will get your shot.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

View Post

I did... A beautiful LL park that I was going to do anyway but still. I think it t'was a wonderful little thing.

Oh and Iris and Turtle nailed it on the head. Build full scale parks dammit. Nobody seems to realize that a design or an 80X80 isn't a full-solo park. A full park is AT LEAST 110^2 generally and even that depends on content.

Ride6
  • Jazz%s's Photo
    Indeed, the best way to get noticed for H2H or any competition, is to have some finished work to back you up, and to give you a solid reputation. If you haven't done so, then why would a captain want to pick up someone who hasn't finished at least 1 or 2 parks, where the whole point of the competition is to do that very thing? This seems to apply to the majority of those in the replacements lists.

If you want a "spark to start a fire", why not build and finish a park. Then, you'll actually have a reputation to be recognized when another contest comes around...

~Jazz~

Edited by Jazz, 04 May 2006 - 06:10 PM.

• tracidEdge%s's Photo

View Post

panic, ride6, and i made a park, too. well. panic and i on one against ride6's.

edit: and i've never realeased a finished solo. just two shitty designs and maybe a half finished solo. why i got picked is still beyond me.

Edited by tracidEdge, 04 May 2006 - 07:45 PM.

• yeshli2nuts%s's Photo

View Post

excuse me, but tom_dj and i made a great park http://forums.nedesi...topic=13037&hl=
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    ...mama bear should NOT be on the replacement list.

All the captains should be ashamed of themselves for not atleast picking her up as a last or second to last pick. Where were you guys?!

disgraceful.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Did'int Richie get replaced? I still see him over on pg 1.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    check the site. I think.
  • postit%s's Photo
    The site still lists him under the Stallion's roster.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    oh, will check that when I get a chance then. Thanks!
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Edited the rosters, they should be 100% accurate, captains please check em.

Also I never think anything was posted, but

The Italian Stallions replaced:

X-sector with trav :0
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo

The Italian Stallions replaced:

X-sector with trav :0

Honestly, if x-sector wasn't building anything, why the hell not?

-ACE

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading