News / The List Returns!!!

• iris%s's Photo

After tons and tons of requests, we have finally brought back one of our more popular features, the List. Featuring my personal top 50 parks, along with screenies, descriptions, and downloads. A slightly new layout has been added, where we call off the themed areas, best coaster, # of coasters, and parkmaker, along with a nice description of each park. There are 50 parks on the list, which can be found on pages 1 and 2.

Also added, on the mysterious page 3 of The List, the newest List feature...

This will show off 10 parks mantis feels deserve to be on the top 50. They will all have the same features as the top 50.

Thanks to everyone who helped make the List return, including Adix, Corkscrewed, mantis, and Zach. And congrats to Natelox, Fatha' Grinch, Butterfinger, PyroPenguin, and RRP for making the top 5.

Check it out on the sidebar!!

• Brent%s's Photo
    BAH! Where was Mythos and the IAAPA park? Bah...

-Brent 8@
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Well I suppose the NE Spotlight is the most important feature at the site but I always felt that the List was certainly the second best feature because it collects a lot of great parks all in one place. Even if everybody has different ideas of what order the parks should be in or what personal favorites should have been on there and weren't, it's still great to have this kind of a resource. And it gives us parkmakers something to shoot for.

On a personal note, I'm grateful to have 2 (and 1/5) of my parks listed amongst all of these greats. I suppose it goes without saying, but when I see this I'm excited to continue making parks and hopefully improve my stature here at NE. I'll be waiting impatiently now for Tropico Horizons, Universal's Caribbean Seas Resort, Meadowbrooke Falls, Emperor of the Forgotten Realms, and Everquest: Reign of Terror. This must have taken a great deal of work especially from iris so thanks a bunch guys. Adding Mantis' Should-Be's was a great idea cause we probably would have all been hearing about them anyway, may as well see pics and links to download the parks too ;)
  • jhoffa%s's Photo
    Hahaha, Mantis - 10 Should-Be's :D
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Wow Its great to see the list return. I'm honoured to have 3 of my parks in there. Butterfinger's park and Pawn's. I have seen Tropico horizons and what can I say expect for :OMG: there are more parks on they I can't wait for. This must have taken for ages to do.

Nice Idea with mantis 10 should-be's I was even more shocked to see lake nadia in there.

Great list.

Oh and thanxs for all these many updates Iris its great to come to the site and see a new bit of news.
  • Adix%s's Photo
    Just a question... has ANYONE noticed how you can sort it in different order, and set the amout per page?
  • Micool%s's Photo

Just a  question... has ANYONE noticed how you can sort it in different order, and set the amout per page?

Yes, yes, and being knowledgable in website-making I know it takes a lot more work than it seems.

Thank you. It's cool.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Great job fellas

I enjoyed reading it

I think The Westcoast should have been a little further up the list but its all about opinion.
    Im glad to see DDI quite high up as it was a great park and now im just waiting for the ones that haven't been released.
  • jhoffa%s's Photo
    Eh... That's a fuckin' insane building in the screen of Smelly Catfish.

Me likes.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    Nice! One question Iris: In Fatha's Jurrasic Park, you said that it had the most unique coaster ever built, in spite of UIX. I downloaded it, and looked...there was nothin that struck me as insane...
  • Micool%s's Photo

Nice! One question Iris: In Fatha's Jurrasic Park, you said that it had the most unique coaster ever built, in spite of UIX.  I downloaded it, and looked...there was nothin that struck me as insane...

Yeah, Jurrassic Park sucks, good luck changing his mind though. I too did not find any coaster that amazing.
  • x-sector%s's Photo

In Fatha's Jurrasic Park, you said that it had the most unique coaster ever built, in spite of UIX.

The T-rex encounter was a very creative ride when it came out. You have to remember Jurassic park was created some time ago infact it seem like it was created ages and ages ago and when it first came out it was a very creative ride.
  • GigaForce%s's Photo

Just a  question... has ANYONE noticed how you can sort it in different order, and set the amout per page?

Hehehe....i noticed it...and i love it

just so you know Adix...i know how to do that :D

Anywayz....Kiddo...wait til you see the whole park

i was a tester and it is AMAZING!

Great List and great to see that you brought it back!!!!!111!!!1!!!11!!1!

I wanna see Tropico Horizons...
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Go me :D And i have seen most of the unreleased parks except one.....time to find the bribe park.

My list of 5 isn't really too accurate, just parks that i think are cool and would never really make it. I'll put more though into the next lot. And egypTopia should be in the top 5 of that list. It is superior to several of the top 10
  • Pawn%s's Photo
    Great to see the List back, it was really the thing that brought me from the dark ages of Danimation to NE.

Yay, I get 27th.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    #3 on the list, wow, I am honored :D. Thank you iris, however, no thank you for likeing Horizons better :| lol

Now if only that crap of a park Legends would get knocked off the list, and Legends West was thrown somewhere into the higher 40s, the List would be perfect :)

Great job guys, that little ordering/list modifying thingie is a nice addition too.

#3..... holy crap.....
  • natelox%s's Photo
    ever since i saw danimations spotlight, i thought "i want one (spotlight park). When i saw iris' list, i thought "i want ONE". I have accomplished all i have set out to achive. My next goal is to bridge the gap between infograms forums and Ne....and try to get number one again :D
  • cg?%s's Photo

Now if only that crap of a park Legends would get knocked off the list, and Legends West was thrown somewhere into the higher 40s, the List would be perfect.

For such a good parkmaker, your taste in others parks is truly quite horrible. Legends is one of the greatest park to ever grace the RCT Community, while Legends West is a cliche sack of horse-shit.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    Hmmm Chauncey..... I seem to think that to be the other way around :)

Something I've never quite understood, how such an ugly park gets so much attention. I mean come ON... out of all the bland boring architecture (its just raised blocks of land!!!), to the truly boring coasters with nothing special at ALL to them...... its just so horribly ugly and boring. I dont get it....... just my opinion... I've been feeling particularly bashing of parks lately, but I mean, SERIOUSLY.

I wouldnt mind LW being thrown off the list either..... really not much better than the first. Whatever though, I'm still happy that I got #3, but unhappy that it looks like there will be no spotlight for me this time around.... I worked so hard on it also... Oh well.
  • Adix%s's Photo

Hmmm Chauncey..... I seem to think that to be the other way around :)

Something I've never quite understood, how such an ugly park gets so much attention. I mean come ON... out of all the bland boring architecture (its just raised blocks of land!!!), to the truly boring coasters with nothing special at ALL to them...... its just so horribly ugly and boring. I dont get it....... just my opinion... I've been feeling particularly bashing of parks lately, but I mean, SERIOUSLY.

I wouldnt mind LW being thrown off the list either..... really not much better than the first. Whatever though, I'm still happy that I got #3, but unhappy that it looks like there will be no spotlight for me this time around.... I worked so hard on it also... Oh well.

Butterfinger, you have to realize that you're way isn't the only way, and that Legends is just that: a Legend. It is the greatest park of it's time. Think about the Ford Model T.... it's not the greatest car these days, by far, but it has so much historical significance and revolutionized the way things were built. Can you say that about YOUR parks?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading