News / The List Returns!!!

• Fatha'%s's Photo
    Actually Adix, it wasn;t the greatest park of its time in my mind. Liquid Crash and JoeH were coming out with very nice shit back then.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Go me :D  And i have seen most of the unreleased parks except one.....time to find the bribe park.

Um... which one is that?

Nice list tho. Too bad I only have 1.2 parks. OH wait, that's my fault. :(
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

I mean come ON... out of all the bland boring architecture (its just raised blocks of land!!!), to the truly boring coasters with nothing special at ALL to them...... its just so horribly ugly and boring. I dont get it....... just my opinion.

Yes it's hard to believe now, but those raised blocks of land were actually impressive at some time. Sure JHolland, Greg Reese, Liquid Crash, and others were already making more interesting architecture at the time but what was impressive about Legends when it came out was the individual theming devoted to each coaster, the dueling woodies which were really much better looking than anything else at that time, and the overall layout of the park which went on to define parkmaking for sometime afterward. It seems today any 'noob' can blow this park away but for anybody who saw this park when it was first released it still carries a lot of special significance. That's why it's still on the List.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I'm with Butterfinger. All those 'legendary' parks may have been impressive but aren't any longer nowadays. I suggested in the 'Future of NE' Thread to put those legendary parks (such as Legends, Orange Valley, etc.) off the list and make them their own place under 'Misc NE' maybe...
    It always depens on what people like now not what they have liked some years ago. (just my opinion)

Anyway, to get back on topic of this thread:

THANK YOU!!!

Finally, NE is NE.
    I'm missing two or three parks but ...well.... who cares...

it's list is looking great, it's a great feature, it's a motivation for parkmakers, it's a huge download source for all those great parks.... just fantastic.... love it.
    plz keep NE going like this, I really enjoy this site!
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo

Butterfinger, you have to realize that you're way isn't the only way, and that Legends is just that: a Legend. It is the greatest park of it's time.  Think about the Ford Model T.... it's not the greatest car these days, by far, but it has so much historical significance and revolutionized the way things were built. Can you say that about YOUR parks?

Yes of course I know that, however, its not back then, its now. Legends was a great park in its time, but its not now.

Anyway, just my opinion, no offence meant to anyone.
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    I love this list....its the core of NE IMO....and w00t Mantis gets his say! Great job you two!

*Stargazer*
  • mantis%s's Photo

Go me :D  And i have seen most of the unreleased parks except one.....time to find the bribe park.

Um... which one is that?

Ok, make that two :D Yours and Butterfingers. I feel so left out :'(

I've noticed another gross error - Chateau Lake is nowhere near the top 15! It is superior to Hidden Realm in many ways, as HR had a couple of pretty nondescript sections, but CL is solid throughout (except maybe one area i'm not too keen on....but meh).

Anyway, forgot to give props to Adix for the sorting shit, and hopefully if I grovel enough he'll help me with a database for my mod-page (i need a petition or something, don't i?)

I feel like congratulating everyone! :birthday:
  • jhoffa%s's Photo

Ok, make that two :D  Yours and Butterfingers.  I feel so  left out :'(

Oi!

Spoiled brat. I have zero of those.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

Go me :D  And i have seen most of the unreleased parks except one.....time to find the bribe park.

Um... which one is that?

Nice list tho. Too bad I only have 1.2 parks. OH wait, that's my fault. :(

1.2?

That's rather high compared to my, ummmmm, ZERO.

LOL.

I come here cos it is fun, and peeps hate my parks. In some twisted way that is rewarding enough.

Congrats to those on the list, you're a place I'll never be.

Kai :et:
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Industrious fellow that I am I compiled some stats to categorize the various parks as I'm sure others have started doing to. Some of you will probably want to check up on these stats and point out any mistakes but this is accurate to te best of my knowledge:

NE Spotlight Winners = 15/50 (not counting LOTV) 30%
    Danimation Spotlight Winners = 4/50 8%
    RCPro Spotlight Winners = 2/50 4%
    NE Runner-Ups = 8/50 (counting LOTV) 16%
    Unreleased Parks = 5/50 10%
    NE Collabo Parks = 2/50 4%

Of the remaining 14 parks, Terratina was released on the NE Boards (and possibly somewhere else?) and could have been a Spotlight contender or Runner-Up otherwise. The other 13 I remember being released on the Danimation Boards at various times.

Most Appearances = Fatha' Grinch (4 1/5), Natelox (4), and x-sector/Last Arch Angel/SACoasterFreak (3 each)
    Missing NE Spotlight Parks = Troy, Elsinore Falls
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Heh, iris didn't allow himself to put Troy on the list. I'd place it top 10.

Great statistics, Ed, and i'm glad to see there are fewer unreleased parks than last time.

@kiddo - those are the parks I haven't seen :D
  • Tony%s's Photo
    Boo for me.
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    I have yet to see the "T-Rex" coaster, or even Jurassic Park...does anyone know where I can get it?

Also, I dunno, I think gazza's anti-gravity coaster was the most unique and innovative and etc.,

-SM-
  • Brent%s's Photo

Missing NE Spotlight Parks = Troy, Elsinore Falls

Elsiniore Falls?!?!?! I'll just pretend I didn't see that...

Anywho, I think Glasshouse should have been on there somewhere (other than on Mantis's list). It was a great park, better than about 4 or 5 of the spotlights here and really do think it should be looked at again to be put on the list somewhere.
  • Rebel2000%s's Photo
    You know, there's just some parks that I really can't understand the hype of. Of course, these are those legendary, revolutionary parks that came out way before my time, and I just can't appreciate them for what they were. These ones being Orange Valley, Shiloh Town, Cydonia City, Moonlight Magic, etc. Can someone give me a brief history on these parks?

Well, anyways, I'm glad to see Disneyland Mid-America way up there; it really should have gotten spotlight over BGL. Too bad it was named Disney... IMO, Outer Banks should be higher, too. It should have gotten spotlight over IOAHW, also.
  • natelox%s's Photo

Can someone give me a brief history on these parks?

i'll try. Orange Valley is an amazing park for its arcecture and themeing. Before OV, aritecture was not very good, and OV started the good stuff. You can also thank OV for every good looking water coaster you see. Cydonia City...its pure Mala. Mala has a totally different style than anyone else on this planet. All his parks win spotlight, not for themeing but for coasters. His coaster FLY through the track, its incredible how he gets such high ratings with coasters going that fast. I try to match his coaster's speed, but i'm miles away. Moonlight Magic is just a good looking park, no amazing history to it, its not that old, and if u don't know when Moonlight Magic and Cydonia City were made (less than a year ago), then you haven't been playing RCT long enough! Shilo Town (my fav park), i don't know much a history about, but i do know that "A River of Need" by me, beet it by about 6 votes at the first voted danimation spotlight.
  • iris%s's Photo
    A Corkscrewed idea, the official "Parkmaker List Standings".
    Based on parks on the list & their position, not by my actual preference.

1.PyroPenguin (5)
    2.vTd (9.5)
    3.Schuessler (12.3)
    4.NeViS (15)
    5.aero21 (16.3)
    6.Fatha' Grinch (17)
    7.(tie) Natelox (18.5)
    7.(tie) RRP (18.5)
    9.(tie) Mala (22)
    9.(tie) Butterfinger (22)
    11.x-sector (22.6)
    12.Corkscrewed (24)
    13.sacoasterfreak (25.3)
    14.Pawn (26)
    15.Harakiri (28.5)
    16.Foozy (34)
    17.Coaster Ed (34.5)
    18.Ty (35)
    19.roomraider (38.5)
    20.Last Arch Angel (39.6)
    21.Segaman75 (41)
    22.Benni (45)
    23.Prince Ashitaka (46)
    24.KumbaMaster (50)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I thought about doing stats like that but I couldn't find any way to do it that makes logical sense. For example, if Parkmaker A has one park but it's really good and ranked #10 but Parkmaker B has an incredible park ranked #1 and one old favorite that's still quite respectable and ranked #50 than their averages are 10 and 25.5 respectably. Such numbers are quite meaningless really. The list isn't really a ranking of parkmaker skill, there's no real way to measure that. But anyway, I'm guilty of compiling useless facts myself so I'll just go along with it. And speaking of useless facts...

It also occured to me that I forgot the most important stat of all:
    Parks by NE Parkmakers (current or retired): 48/50

Well there's no mystery about iris' recruitment criteria then. Makes you wonder about those other two parks though don't it... ;)
  • Rebel2000%s's Photo
    Well I tried a different kind of parkmaker ranking system, one which uses the number of appearances on the list and the highest appearance on the list to calculate a score for each parkmaker. Basically its the number of appearances (better=higher number) divided by the rank of the highest appearance (better=lower number), and mulitplied by 100.

For example, Schuessler's highest appearance is #7, and he makes 2 appearances on the whole list. So that's 2/7 = .285 * 100 = 28.5 Therefore, his score is 28.5. Here's the list: (collabos not counted)

1. Natelox - 400
    2. Fatha' - 200
    3. Butterfinger - 66.7
    4. PyroPenguin - 50
    5. RRP - 40
    6. Schuessler - 28.5
    7. vTd - 25
    8. SACoasterFreak - 23.1
    9. Aero21 - 20
    10. X-sector - 17.6
    11. NeViS - 14.3
    12. Harakiri - 10.5
    13. Mala - 9.5
    14. Last Arch Angel - 8.1
    15. Coaster Ed - 7.7
    16. Roomraider - 6.7
    17. Segaman75 - 6.1
    18. Corkscrewed - 4.2
    19. Pawn - 3.7
    20. Foozycoaster - 2.9 (2.94)
    21. Ty - 2.9 (2.85)
    22. Benni - 2.2 (2.22)
    23. Prince Ashitaka - 2.2 (2.17)
    24. Kumbamaster - 2

I kinda thinks thats a more accurate list than the previous one. In the previous one, some parkmaker could have a #1 and #50, and be at the bottom of the list because of that. What do you all think?
  • Benni%s's Photo
    THX for bringing back the List it's just great to see all the Parks and so on...

THx too for choosing Terratina and for the nice Text
    Perhaps someone could fix the download Link and everythink would be just perfect :)
    Keep NE like that its awesome!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading