H2H4 / predictions. (post yours)

• chapelz%s's Photo

because tdatl looked like fucking regurgitated skittles.

View Post

i do believe i just lol'ed :lol:
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    tDATl was the result of changeing park idea, a lazy teamate and me nearly being out of gas. It is amazing that it came so close to winning, but I still think it had a lot of great details and ideas. AC was cool, I really enjoy'ed making it, but Cork gets most of the cirdit even tho I bulit like 51% of it, tho I guess it is pretty fair coz he set the style.

I think all the teams this season are pretty even, a real toss up for the playoffs and finals.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    The teams look so even that who makes the playoffs will likely come down to a bit of luck. Sometimes great parks lose and lesser or incomplete parks win depending on how things match-up. It's possible for a team to make the playoffs early with a less than stellar line-up of parks then coast and blow away the competition with the best they have to offer. It's also possible a team may have to use their best park just to make the playoffs then suffer in the playoffs because of it. It should be a great season. Here's hoping that there are no forfeits or incomplete entries this year!
  • Panic%s's Photo

But if you're saying that, then why did parks like Aviara Cove (sp?) win when things like The Day After Tomorrowland didn't?

View Post

Aside from what's been said - Tracid is particularly right in his second statement - here's also no way that something like Tissot Archipelago could have beaten Aviara Cove no matter what the context was. No matter if every single Hurricanes park preceding it was a similar style. I even made a post then about how Aviara was basically "let's take everything in the nice style and that's worked and throw it into one park," which is exactly the kind of thing that you allude to in your statement, but hell, I would have voted for it. It was brilliant.

But in a closer match, the fact that people are getting tired of the same style and that there's little new to a park might make the difference - it might be the factor that sends the park under. It happened with Gotheburg, and it almost happened with Pyramid Connection, which was like the ultimate example of that. PC was just lucky that it was up against a park that few people could really warm to.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    See, that's where the importance of having a unique STORY to drive each park comes in handy. :)

My PT2 was just throwing my QftBX parks together into one, and it almost won! :D
  • John%s's Photo

Yes we know. And we were as unimpressed when we first heard about it as we are now. But in all seriousness, your team is good. You're more impressed with it then any two people at the site combined, but hey...delusion is fun.

View Post

We'll see who's talking when things wind up like last season when I slaughtered the eyekons 57-17 solo-style. ;)

But who knows, I might just have to go after Kumba since he traded me this time. :D
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    :comeandgetsome:
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    ^^ Didn't the IIIcons also submit... *looks it up*

... A pretty crappy park?
    ( http://newelement.co...k01/week01.html )

:D
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I thought that park was pretty nifty :-\
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Actually, it wasn't that bad. But it was pretty clearly rushed and could have been a lot better.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Can't we just leave that in the past? :p
  • John%s's Photo
    Sure, as soon as iris stops trashtalking.
    Until then, I have to play it up since I swore revenge and won by one of the largest margins of the season.

;)

Edited by John, 05 May 2006 - 03:06 PM.

• iris%s's Photo
    Hey...I'm not trashtalking. The guy with the huge head that you call 'captain' is the one trash talking. I'm just defending everyone else ;)
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Sure, as soon as iris stops trashtalking. 
    Until then, I have to play it up since I swore revenge and won by one of the largest margins of the season.

;)

View Post

Hey me and SF beat the IIICons by 40 votes too, then AC beat TPM's team by 41 I think?
  • John%s's Photo
    Yeah, that's why I said "one of the largest." :kiss:
  • Brent%s's Photo
    The Demigods and Ferocious Tigers will be in the Finals, with Demigods winning it.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

The Demigods and Ferocious Tigers will be in the Finals

View Post

No they wont ;)
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Kumba's right.. o_O
  • iris%s's Photo
    Yeah...that's technically impossible.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Not if we use the Magical Logic Bending Machine!!!!!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading