(Archive) Advertising District / Batman: Night Flyer

• Fatha'%s's Photo
    Hey, well since BGSS I said that I would quit LL (in terms of making any kind of full scale park or design), and I think I'll stay true to that statement. Here is my first real RCT2 work of any substance. Its basically a Batman themed inverted roller coaster, has 7 inversions (2 loops, Bowtie, Zero0G, 2 corkscrews) and is about 80 feet tall, so its small but very intense. It basically starts out in the batcave, exits via the lift, drops down near the Bruce Wayne Mansion (the building it is flying over in the screen), and hugs rugged landscapes from that point on. Its a pretty simple design so don't expect the coaster to be overthemed to hell like you see in this screen, as this shows the main 'building' for the ride. Anyways, enjoy, im starting to like this game.

FINAL UPDATE: Screen Montage

Posted Image
    Shot of the queue.

Posted Image
    ooo Watch ur feet.

Posted Image
    Train soaring over Wayne Manor's gardens + queue.

Posted Image
    Soaring over Wayne Manor

Posted Image
    Diving into the Batcave.

Posted Image
    Upward Helix through land formations.

Posted Image
    A re-used shot that is more complete.

Posted Image
    Train diving down towards the water.

Final stats for the ride...

EX: 8.04
    INT: 9.99
    NAU: 5.24
    Height: 85 ft.
    Speed: 48 mph
    Inversions: 7
    Length: 3,100 ft.
    Trains: 2 (8 cars)

Pretty intense ride, barely squeaked by the Int rating.
    Anyways these are the last screens, its done. I already submitted.
  • X250%s's Photo
    excellent coaster positioning, and good use of the new supports. its quite nice, gives a good atmosphere- lookin fine so far.

-X-
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Loving the coaster from that position and also the supports look pretty cool. I would normally say that too much ivy ahs been used there but it looks great. Also that custom que line looks pretty good. Nice.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    I havent posted in a while. I have been browsing at some stuff and this is the only thing to have caught my eye for a long time.

Great screen and lovely use of Toons supports.
  • SenZ%s's Photo
    A bit too much windows, I'd say. For the rest; nice, dark atmosphere, very gothic'isch theming, which suits the Batman and Gotham City feel perfectly.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    That's pretty neat, but I don't really like any of the roof types your useing, even if they are realistic. Nice use of Toon's supports.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Gorgeous. (minus the unfinished bits of course) :p

I just love the dark, overgrown atmosphere oozing from that screen. The coaster looks cool too. Is it just me or does this screen scream X-sector or foozy? It gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling that I don't get from a lot of other RCT2 work I see these work these days. :nod:

Anyway, theres not much I can complain about. The only part that looks a bit strange is that one support in the middle of zero-g roll that uses the building as a brace. I think it might be a little more convincing if you didn't have windows on those two walls.

But geez. Talk about a major H2H treat now.... :eek:
  • thirteen%s's Photo
    excellent
    -atmosphere
    -style
    -batman
  • petrov%s's Photo
    Can't fault it, awesome stuff!
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    Seems to me there is just too much. And you just had to use those ugly bushes. lol. The supports and the coaster look good so far, just looks like theres too much going on. Deffinitly prefer your RCT1 work.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I think it looks great. And i'd say there's far less going on there than there was in BGSS...
    Looks like the grinch can adapt pretty well!
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I think I agree with oxide here, but I think that that's only because we're both used to the original Batmen and I for one am in love with that ride. Anyway, I love that support supporting the underside of the zero-g, but it looks as though the rest of the supports aren't spaced out correctly, where both for realism and aesthetic reasons they would look better more evenly spaced out and further as well. I'm also a bit confused with the queueline, is it finished?
  • DragonInferno%s's Photo
    I like it, alot. I'm a pretty big batman fan and I love the new take on the batman ride. It's definitely quite a bit different than the typical Six Flags Batman theme, but that's good, it makes it very original.
  • posix%s's Photo
    it's nice.
    fatha' magic.
  • trav%s's Photo
    I don't like it at all. I dunno why, it just has something about it which i don't like.
  • RMM%s's Photo

I dunno why, it just has something about it which i don't like.

View Post

Yea I agree. Its nice but its missin somethin or it has too much of somethin. Not sure what though. Maybe try adding in some darker trees in there like the Norway Spruce. I'm not tryin to pick out what I'd fix but I think it looks kinda weird.

Overall, its pretty nice. Keep workin on it.

Edited by RMM, 05 May 2006 - 01:51 PM.

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    i think it's a little less than what i was expecting from you. coming off bgss, you have some very big shoes to fill, and this doesn't really do it for me. i realize transitioning between games can be tough, but expectations are high for you. i'm sure you will reach those expectations soon and go way beyond, but this seems to kind of have a feeling of missing something.

also, looking at it again, you've got a good bit of 2x2 in there, which may also be detracting from it a bit. nice quarter-tile landscaping, though. :)
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    If you're going to continue to improve your architecture at the rate seen between the early version of this screen and this one I'm going to love you.

And for a second there I was worried about you switching games. ;)

Ride6
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    I can see the LL influence with this SS only I’m not sure it translates as well. I’m referring to all the windows. It was needed in LL to add depth and style to the structures however, RCT2 allows for other options that I think you are using now and the loss of a window ort two would not hurt it at all.

I also think the support work could use some work. There are some strange placements with the supports against the wall with no footer.

Anyway. I’m looking forward to seeing your RCT2 work. If it’s anything like your LL stuff, it will be fantastic.

James
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Though it's Wayne Manor, it looks a little too overgrown for my tastes still. The way you've composed the buildings so closely together and put the coaster supports through them makes it seem very dense, to the point where it's almost cluttered.

On the other hand, I'm scared about your general RCT 2 abilities now.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading