(Archive) Advertising District / Batman: Night Flyer

• JDP%s's Photo
    Well anyone can tell that your an experinced LL play, for the fact that you have some 2x2 and doors for windows. Other wise i find your buildings over detailed and ugly, in a way. And how is this bat man? It looks like an old mansion from the 1800's...
    -JDP
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I think it looks pretty good, though a bit unfinished. I like what you did with those poles. I'm getting the Wayne Manor vibe. It reminds me of this:
    http://www.themepark...w2006/wbmw5.htm
    Although that's supposed to by Arkham Asylum, not the mansion.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    To give it a more dark feeling, I probably would have used darker colored rooves, but I didn't pick them in the editor and im too lazy to go back.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    ^You could use the DImport.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    i have to say i like it. i might go back and re-do the lower rooves with a darker color but thats just me. look good. especially for someone who is normally RCT1.

FK+Coastermind
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    http://www.rcdb.com/...6.htm?picture=2
    As far as supports go, I think the ones in the screen are on point. And the queue is def unfinnished.
  • X250%s's Photo
    Holy shit you're gonna be dangerous in H2H lol. Fantastic landscaping.

-X-
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Pffffft. It totally sucks. In fact, Stefon, you should just give up right now. Don't even participate in H2H. People are totally going to laugh and stuff. And um... you won't like that. So um... totally don't play H2H. At all. 'K?

Cool.

And that one shrub on top of the support looks weird. I know what you're going for, but it looks weird.

Just another thing people will totally laugh at you for, which is why you should drop out of H2H right now. Like immediately. Go play RCT 3.
  • Dark-Daxter%s's Photo
    Wow. I love this much more then your first screen. The landscaping is great.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I like the tunnels made out of the land blocks, but I don't like the FDS-crater land effect minimised like that. It fucks with my eyes. Would be cool to see a bit less isometric-collapse-look. If that means anything to you.
    Otherwise it looks great. Sucks I won't be able to look at it.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Yeah, i'm with mantis here. The landscape looks a little too steep, for me. I'd prefer it if some of it flowed a bit better, with little dirt faces in other places.

It doesn't look bad, I just think it could look better.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Pffffft.  It totally sucks.  In fact, Stefon, you should just give up right now.  Don't even participate in H2H.  People are totally going to laugh and stuff.  And um... you won't like that.  So um... totally don't play H2H.  At all.  'K? 

Cool.

And that one shrub on top of the support looks weird.  I know what you're going for, but it looks weird.

Just another thing people will totally laugh at you for, which is why you should drop out of H2H right now.  Like immediately.  Go play RCT 3.

View Post

LMAO, You're afraid, very very afraid. :p

Ride6
  • Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    I really like the last two screens, great landscaping ;)
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I have to agree with Mantis & Turtle on the landscaping front. Using too many 1/4 tile land blocks can be a very dangerous game in terms of overall aesthetic. I always prefer if the majority of the landscaping is done the old fashioned way with some accenting done with the 1/4 tile blocks. You definitely need to break up that pattern a little bit as it does become too optically dominating on the screen. The rest of it is beautiful tho. I love what you're doing with my babies :) I'm sure the coaster will be very much to my liking as yours always are.
  • PBJ%s's Photo

Holy shit you're gonna be dangerous in H2H lol. Fantastic landscaping.

-X-

View Post

LOL :lol:

---

Fatha' you just made me planning a design ;)

your 3 screens don't feel like fatha work. can't say why...
    screen 2 and 3 are far out the best. the building is nice done as well but can't get a good feeling with it...

but i must say good work. great use of land-bb and nice use of the greenness...
    can't wait to see more..
  • GuestSU182%s's Photo
    Damn, That's the best RCT2 work I've ever seen.
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    i wonder if it's hollow. i have to agree with mantis, Turtle, and Phatage here.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

Damn, That's the best RCT2 work I've ever seen.

View Post

You need to look at more RCT2 parks, methinks.
  • Emergo%s's Photo
    I´m sure you´ll very soon (too soon?, LOL!) be excellent at RCT2 as you are in RCt1.

But how some people can admire that "landscaping" really puzzles me.....
    To me me it just looks awfully unnatural, "gritty" and forced, not flowing at all...
    Think even most amusement-parks do better (although still lousy) if they man-made try to recreate "landscaping".
    Well, Turtle, Mantis and Toon already gave their 2 cents on that.....

Other than that I think it's looking very good and promising.
    So, really looking forward to more.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    The coaster and theming look good, but the color scheme is what I really like! :D

A suggestion might be to put a single window on each side of the uppermost section of that tower at the top of the screen. I guess it depends on the alignment of the walls, though, I dont know what window objects you have. Looks like you would need 1/2 of 1/4 windows to do that.

Edited by ride_exchanger, 10 May 2006 - 04:28 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading