H2H4 / Announcement

• iris%s's Photo
    It's come to my attention that the whole 'watching people's profiles' thing has started to get out of hand. To that, I'm truly disgusted. I have direct knowledge of when people are viewing other people's profiles. In fact, there are exactly five people I have specifically in mind that I am 100% sure have been doing this.

One on my own team. They have been yelled at accordingly. If they present anyone else on my team with this kind of information again, I will personally throw them out of the league, regardless of how detrimental it may be to my team.

Secondly, there are two on the Hurricanes I know have been doing this...and have been doing this against my team, making it feel even more personal. This is also coming from two people I HIGHLY respected up to this point, making it even worse. I was actually borderline shocked when I learned of this...and it really pisses me off.

There are two others on teams that I don't feel like looking up right now...but if you've been doing this quite a lot, and posting any of the info in your team forum, then it's most likely I'm talking about you.

I'm not going to name any names in this post...but I do hope the five people in question know exactly who this is intended for. I also hope that the captains can prove their worth a damn. I picked the captains for certain reasons...and I felt that I could trust each of the five picked captains to do right by the game...not just be annoying little fucks who want to win no matter what.

That being said...now that these captains know that I have knowledge of these people...as well as knowing I have very good friends on each of the five other teams, if someone DOES reveal who someone else is using....and the captain does not report it, they will never be picked to be in anything exclusive at New Element ever again. That goes for my friends too. Grow some balls and show why you were selected to be the team LEADERS. Not the pussies who want to win by cheating. Get a life.

To those guilty, I would not advise 'confessing' in this topic...but rather contact me on AIM. I had a long talk with the person on my team, and I no longer harbor any ill will to this player, as long as it's never done again. If you wish to do the same, please contact me, and restore the little bit of respect left for yourselves here with me.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I can't figure out how we have like 5 or 6 Admins here and people can still see topic names in locked forums. Id focus on that formost, coz once thats fixed less damage can be done.
  • chapelz%s's Photo

I can't figure out how we have like 5 or 6 Admins here and people can still see topic names in locked forums. Id focus on that formost, coz once thats fixed less damage can be done.

View Post

how about you keep your team under control? or maybe you are just too incompetent of doing that. there really is no need to look at someone's profile more than once.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Is it possible to just disable the 'what topic they're looking at' feature? It'd solve the problem... though personally, I like it.

-ACE
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I can't find it, and I thought I'd fixed that with the new member masks.... =\
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    shame this happens. i don't know why people would even want to. it takes the fun out of the game, seriously.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    ^Because people fear their talents wont be enough to get them a victory.
  • Leighx%s's Photo
    what a surpirse 2 in hurricanes.....
    wonder who 1 of those was? k u m......
  • posix%s's Photo
    why's everyone so uptight about h2h4?
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    yeah, it makes me want to post my entire season schedule just to get the bullshit over with. It's not like you should ever build a park that isn't your best so why bother seeing if you can? Bleh.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I don't see what it changes, really. Why do it? Like I give a damn who i'm up against, I still know that I have to work my hardest and make my best stuff.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    i'm actually a little curious to start doing it myself now that therr's so much hype about it
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I sort of agree with what Jem said, but rules are rules. I think the parks should speak for themselves, yet at the same time all rules must be respected and obeyed to participate in this contest.

I don't think anyone on my team is guilty, but I'm with iris on immediate banning for anyone caught doing so.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Obviously there is a competitive will to win but im concerned on my park not who im against.

Edited by J K, 05 July 2006 - 07:28 AM.

• ekimmel%s's Photo
    I really question whether it's of any value anyways. So you know who you're up against? So what? You still have to deliver. Does your strategy really change based on whether you're up against #1 & #2 instead of #9 and #10? I don't think it does.

I guess the other option is that it's just fun to try to figure out who's going against who.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

what a surpirse 2 in hurricanes.....
    wonder who 1 of those was? k u m......

View Post

You mean 'c'

Oh wait, wrong topic...
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I think everyone is being a bit naive about thinking it doesn't matter who you are up against. We all know there is quite a gulf in talent between the top parkmakers here and the last pics in this seasons H2H and a smart captain could use the knowledge of someones schedule to his advantange by making sure his teams strongest parks were entered at weeks when they would win and not go to waste and the weakest parks were entered when a win would have been unlikely anyway or vice versa, they coulf pitch their heavy hitters against the oppositons best and the weakest against the weakest etc.

For example if you knew that in week 1 your team were facing a Mala/Nevis combination you could go two ways about it...pitch your strongest pairing against them and hope your stars out shine theirs OR save a park that would win in any other round bar this one for when it is vital, such as the playoffs, and enter a weak park as a loss looks likely anyway.

Anyway all of that should be academic as at the end of the day this is just a computer game and this contest is meaningless in the grand scheme of things so just build your parks for fun and enjoy the spectacle rather than cheating so you can brag about winning a contest for a computer game that is almost 7 years old.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    You know what I think is much weirder, and maybe involves a much greater level of cheating; The fact the Hurricanes-Strangelove match-up got, at this point, 125 votes in total and both the Bandits-Tigers (95) and Demigods-Stallions (91) match-ups 30 votes less!?!
    I really want to know where these 30 votes are coming from. Of course, the Canes-Strangelove was posted a couple of days earlier and so there was more time to vote on it, but still, check this out:

-The Canes-Strangelove match-up was posted june 24 at 8.37 AM
    -Levis posted at june 25 at 10.12 AM, the vote count was 93!!

-The Bandits-Tigers match-up was posted at june 26 at 6.10 AM
    -Iris posted the results at june 28 at 7.56 PM with a total vote of 74

-The Demigods-Stallions match-up was posted at june 29 at 6.29 AM
    -Iris posted the results at june 30 at 7.53 PM with a total vote of 75

So, in conclusion, within a day the Canes-Strangelove went nearly 20 votes ahead from the other 2 match-ups that got their less-than-20-vote total in 1,5 days.

I think it would be nice to know where the votes are coming from.

That's all,

SF

Edited by Six Frags, 05 July 2006 - 12:05 PM.

• mantis%s's Photo
    Probably start-of-the-season keen-ness.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Nah, that's too easy..

SF

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading