H2H4 / Announcement

• Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Yeah, I was a little curious about that too. My best guess is that there was more hype around it since it was the first match of H2H and got the only fresh front page update of the three matches, so to speak. Also, people might be more inclined to vote when the voting is closer. I also personally thought it was the best match of the three, which could also explain why more people were interested, but it's still odd that it'd have so many more votes. But like Cork said earlier:

Bag's out of the cat!!!!

So there might be something more to it.
  • trav%s's Photo
    It's Kumbas team, weren't they accused of doing this last season too? Or was that another team or something.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    We'll find out soon enough, won't we?
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    The first matchup was a close matchup. Everyone knew that every vote was going to count so everyone voted. The other 2 mathups there was a pretty clear leader so people were less likely to vote. I know that I personally did not vote in one of the mathups for the week. I suspect there are others as well.

I have a lot stronger words for a lot of the other stuff going on but I'm going to bite my tongue here. I want to just enjoy my parks and enjoy the other parks.
  • J K%s's Photo

The official score is 54-48 in favor of the Hurricanes

So if we cheated we got people to vote for your match? you were only 6 points behind from drawing with us on the final count. The topic also has 4 hundred more views than the other two match ups that followed. Imo this was the best match up out of the three altogether and it was the very first match. Of course its going to get more votes.

I love h2h so much but there’s these stupid accusations like that that really spoil it for me.
  • JKay%s's Photo

Anyway all of that should be academic as at the end of the day this is just a computer game and this contest is meaningless in the grand scheme of things so just build your parks for fun and enjoy the spectacle rather than cheating so you can brag about winning a contest for a computer game that is almost 7 years old.

View Post

Amen to that TPM!!
  • Fatha'%s's Photo

I think everyone is being a bit naive about thinking it doesn't matter who you are up against. We all know there is quite a gulf in talent between the top parkmakers here and the last pics in this seasons H2H and a smart captain could use the knowledge of someones schedule to his advantange by making sure his teams strongest parks were entered at weeks when they would win and not go to waste and the weakest parks were entered when a win would have been unlikely anyway or vice versa, they coulf pitch their heavy hitters against the oppositons best and the weakest against the weakest etc.

For example if you knew that in week 1 your team were facing a Mala/Nevis combination you could go two ways about it...pitch your strongest pairing against them and hope your stars out shine theirs OR save a park that would win in any other round bar this one for when it is vital, such as the playoffs, and enter a weak park as a loss looks likely anyway.

Anyway all of that should be academic as at the end of the day this is just a computer game and this contest is meaningless in the grand scheme of things so just build your parks for fun and enjoy the spectacle rather than cheating so you can brag about winning a contest for a computer game that is almost 7 years old.

View Post

Precisely.....
    If Iris threw Phatage and Toon out and I was a captain, I wouldn't waste my time in the regular season with them.

And as for Kumba.....lets just say u better hope I dont face u at any point.....ull feel like a hurricane it u afterwards. ;)
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo

You know what I think is much weirder, and maybe involves a much greater level of cheating; The fact the Hurricanes-Strangelove match-up got, at this point, 125 votes in total and both the Bandits-Tigers (95) and Demigods-Stallions (91) match-ups 30 votes less!?!
    I really want to know where these 30 votes are coming from. Of course, the Canes-Strangelove was posted a couple of days earlier and so there was more time to vote on it, but still, check this out:

-The Canes-Strangelove match-up was posted june 24 at 8.37 AM
    -Levis posted at june 25 at 10.12 AM, the vote count was 93!!

-The Bandits-Tigers match-up was posted at june 26 at 6.10 AM
    -Iris posted the results at june 28 at 7.56 PM with a total vote of 74

-The Demigods-Stallions match-up was posted at june 29 at 6.29 AM
    -Iris posted the results at june 30 at 7.53 PM with a total vote of 75

So, in conclusion, within a day the Canes-Strangelove went nearly 20 votes ahead from the other 2 match-ups that got their less-than-20-vote total in 1,5 days.

I think it would be nice to know where the votes are coming from.

That's all,

SF

View Post

I think its because there are 2,043 members of this site. Of those 2,043 how many do you think visit the site regularly? Some people don't care enough to come and vote for every matchup and only voted for the first one because it was a new article on the front page and maybe they didnt even know there were going to be two more matchups.

On the topic of this thread, as far as I know what these "cheaters" are doing, its the fault of the people they are cheating off of. JKay changed the names of all of our topics and the other captains should have done the same because this was brought up a while ago. Unless there is another way I'm unaware of that people are doing. (but as far as I know, people can't cheat off the Bandits because our threads don't have the parkmakers names in it, correct?)
  • Emergo%s's Photo

I think its because there are 2,043 members of this site.  Of those 2,043 how many do you think visit the site regularly?  Some people don't care enough to come and vote for every matchup and only voted for the first one because it was a new article on the front page and maybe they didnt even know there were going to be two more matchups.

On the topic of this thread, as far as I know what these "cheaters" are doing, its the fault of the people they are cheating off of.  JKay changed the names of all of our topics and the other captains should have done the same because this was brought up a while ago.  Unless there is another way I'm unaware of that people are doing.  (but as far as I know, people can't cheat off the Bandits because our threads don't have the parkmakers names in it, correct?)

View Post

Even more so, Yeshli, Corky already changed the names of Bandits -parks/players already regularly before this thing ever came up,..... remember why we were so puzzled about that as it seemed a bit unpractical....?:D (May be he had a flaw already of possible future problems...?)

Emergo
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Last season I did IM a person or two letting them know about the vote, but I never said who to vote for. That was not a good idea and I don't plan to do it again this season, if I lose the finals by a grand total of 2 votes again or something, so be it.

My team this season has done a few things I don't like and I have talked to them about, deleted parts of posts and warned them a few times. I hope we don't have any more problems. I am againest my team useing any form of cheating, but you guys can go ahead and think whatever you want about that.

Edit: Also I sould point out only 1 person on my team (and no it was not me...) did "cheat" and the other simply was in the wrong place at the wrong time or something.
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Well i now no how to fix the profile problem hopefully which will be done soon and also the recently installed mod i done will near enough stop cheating dead which is very likely from now on.
  • Emergo%s's Photo

Last season I did IM a person or two letting them know about the vote, but I never said who to vote for. That was not a good idea and I don't plan to do it again this season, if I lose the finals by a grand total of 2 votes again or something, so be it.

My team this season has done a few things I don't like and I have talked to them about, deleted parts of posts and warned them a few times. I hope we don't have any more problems. I am againest my team useing any form of cheating, but you guys can go ahead and think whatever you want about that.

Edit: Also I sould point out only 1 person on my team (and no it was not me...) did "cheat" and the other simple was in the wrong place at the wrong time or something.

View Post

What I can only smile about in your post is this: "if I lose the finals by a grand total of 2 votes again or something, so be it."

This suggests that you still think it can be you personally losing or winning a H2H finals.......so I just wonder if you have never understood that "winning"a H2H finals is an accomplishment of all the people involved and producing parks in your team, instead of something "personally" by you........ and even if you can add yourself to the parks, you are still a small fragment in the whole team for that....? And if you can add more by being a great and inspirational (not-allowing-to cheat... :D ) captain, this would only be confirmed by you being chosen as "best Captain", or "captain of the year"" or whatever, which, as far as I know has not happened up till now................

To your edit: If, as a captain, you would have a backbone like Iris seems to have, I guess that "one person" in your team that cheated will have to go now, or you'll send him to knock on Iris' door to tell himself what he did....???

Edited by Emergo, 05 July 2006 - 04:19 PM.

• mantis%s's Photo
    Well this is all very boring.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    mantis is drunk, nothing matters to mantis more than this spectacular debate about loyalty and honesty!
  • mantis%s's Photo
    mantis is far from drunk.
    i'm just being honest - this is all very boring. just make some good parks and beat Kumba. that's all that's necessary from this competition, surely?
  • posix%s's Photo
    surely!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

i'm just being honest - this is all very boring. just make some good parks and beat Kumba. that's all that's necessary from this competition, surely?

View Post

That's pretty much what we're gonna do. :)
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    It's all the world asks of you.

Which doesn't say too much about the state of our worldly society, now does it....

pity...
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

View Post

*sigh*, i was being cynical... and agreeing with you. how did that not get across.. tss...
  • mantis%s's Photo
    ah ok. I guess I get defensive about my drinking habits...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading