H2H4 / The Hurricanes Win H2H4

• Kumba%s's Photo
    The Ferocious Tigers are DQ'ed as there park is no-where near done and they refuse to send it in unfinished.

Our Championship clinching park will be posted as soon as Cork re-appers, no idea where he has been over the vital last 36 hours, but I don't see how he could have helped this come to any other end.

Sucks that the season ends this way. I don't think NE should ever have another H2H like this again...

Congrats to my guys for all their hard work that met the deadlines, you'll get your props on the front pg of NE when the game 2 park is posted shortly.

Kumba
  • Levis%s's Photo
    damned :( why do we need to win in this way :( .

A well better hurry up with that park :p .
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    Worst. H2H. Ever.
  • Milo%s's Photo

Worst. H2H. Ever.

No kidding.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    The only REAL match up was Alice vs. Shadowlands. That is what decided the winner, so the Bandits got 2nd place in my book ;)
  • Carl%s's Photo
    ^ Yeah I agree with that. Its just bad luck that the Canes and Bandits had to face off in the semis instead of the finals...
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Na JKay, we got the real match-up coming as a bonus in a few months coughXcoasterVS.Edcough ;)
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Le poop. Yeah, it seems like the only way the finals would've had anything happen is if it'd been between us and the Banditos, but that wasn't possible.

Anyways, yay 'Canes! And congrats to Kumba for managing to lead us to victory, despite what seemed like several dumb choices earlier in the season. Winning H2H4 isn't a bad late b-day present, even if it is by double dq of the other team.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Go us. Bring on the Awards!
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    I agree with RCTFAN. H2H has never been this bad. Its been nothing but unfinished park after unfinished park all season
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    For me,, to be honest, I lost intrest when a finished park lost to a unfinished park in week 1 (yes it was our park that lost and yes I was one of the builders). Yes the other park was good and it probably deserved to win based on what was showing however IMHO, that set the tone for the entire contest that you can win with an unfinished park.

An unfinshed park should be DQ'd from the get go so that there is more importance on getting it done.

Also, the season is just too long.
    - Cut the regular season down to five weeks
    - Add some time between matches
    - Cut the finals to one and done!

The RCT community is shrinking and the format does not work anymore.

Congrats to the Hurricanes though. Well done to all
    James - rctnw
  • Carl%s's Photo
    There was a huge amount of unfinished parks this year, I count 5 forfeits and 6 incompletes, not counting the playoffs. But perhaps because of the level of detail being put into parks nowadays, and the time required to build to that detail, due dates should be extended for all NE contests from now on, across the board, including the next H2H. Perhaps NE should adapt to the chaging community, rather than say "it is dead".

It might just simply take 6 weeks now to make what used to take 4 weeks...and that increase of 150% was just a "guess-timate", I don't know what the actual increase in time should be, I'm just throwing an idea out here...
  • posix%s's Photo

For me,, to be honest, I lost intrest when a finished park lost to a unfinished park in week 1 (yes it was our park that lost and yes I was one of the builders). Yes the other park was good and it probably deserved to win based on what was showing however IMHO, that set the tone for the entire contest that you can win with an unfinished park.

An unfinshed park should be DQ'd from the get go so that there is more importance on getting it done.

James - rctnw

amen.

you guys need to understand that iris pulled h2h4 out of desperation from seeing ne totally fall apart. don't let it get to you. it was just wrong to do it...

guess why i, as the title defending captain, boycotted it...

but anyway, wise-ass words won't change a thing.
    i'm actually kinda relieved h2h4 is over.
    i'm pulling my last hopes for some solo productions now.
    Kumba, that is what you should try to help with and support the most right now. (solos)

Edited by posix, 28 December 2006 - 01:21 PM.

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Im also with James, the season fell apart, I also agree with r_e, if H2H4 does ever happen again we will need to adapt to the somewhat dwindling community, maybe have less games or even toss out the limit on having 1 or 2 people making a park and having teams work together?

Well I better go decide whos up for what awards now ;)
  • ekimmel%s's Photo

James - rctnw

It's too hard to determine when a park is done and when it's not. I can't even determine exactly when MY parks would be "done enough" to qualify as "done" for a contest. Is it done after I add that last building or after I add the path elements? Is that big open space of water too big for the contest? Is anyone really qualified to judge things like that? What if that big space of water DOES have a purpose (it's a recreation) that the judge doesn't know about? Are we going to have to require builders to justify everything in a readme?

It just gets too messy. The only fair way is to post the parks and let the voters decide.

I agree with your other suggestions, though. We should definitely think about those if there is an H2H5.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Yeah... I agree. Some big changes in the system of h2h need to be made to adapt. I'm all for shortening the season, letting more people work on a park (although that could get messy), and maybe even only having it during the summer (for most people) to help people have more time. An interesting thing about this season tho was that for the most part, the people who finished parks all along the season are active elsewhere (solos, other contests, other sites). It seems that rct activity has narrowed down to a very small group of people who seem to be doing everything...
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Yeah, it's been the same people in the Ad district for the majority of H2H. Now obviously that is because most active people were involved with it, and this gave the chance for some lesser knows names to advertise. But then again, this is catch 22 really, alot of people who weren't involved with H2H, and didn't recognise any known parkmakers in the ad district, probably left for other communities, didn't play RCT alot or whatever.

I think it is obvious though that RCT3 is more popular now then ever. I've seen a few communities become taken over by the game. Now i'm not saying NE should do this, because let's face it, 99.999% of people here play LL or RCT2. I'm just thinking of a reason why the community is shrinking.

...and there has to be a H2H5. I don't think a bad season should stop the competition in the future, as has been said, if it adapts to the needs of the builders or whoever, i'm sure it'll take off again.

Did any of that actually make sense? :s
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Darren, we'll discuss awards later too. Forgot to mention that in the PM.

Anyway, yeah, sucks for this H2H season. Pretty much everything fell apart, but we did have a kickass first half!!

And then Kumba took over NE. :p :p :p
  • Steve%s's Photo

Pretty much everything fell apart, but we did have a kickass first half!!

Yes, we did. People are complaining about unfinished parks and forfeits, big deal. Our lives don't revolve around this game and real-life prevents park-building sometimes. What people are failing to see is that despite some average unfinished parks, a vast majority of the parks that WERE finished were amazing. I think I've seen some of the best work ever come out of this season, and everyone needs to look at this with the glass half full instead of half empty.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Congrats canes...can't wait to see your park.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading