General Chat / Ah, opps...

• Lloyd%s's Photo
    Woofenskid: I felt that alot of that post (the long one) was highly unnesercery(sp?). I mean, there's some like twelve year olds on this site man, i'm not saying you cant swear of whatever, but please, that was ridiculous.

...and as Metro said, this isn't just a site for RCT, and if it was, it wouldn't be the same as it is now. I mean, not every (active) registered member has something in the Ad district, do they? So ok, Kumba shouldn't have lied about it and we're all a bit annoyed, but at the end of the day, that post woofenskid is not the way to do things. Telling people who've made this site what it is to 'hit the road', now ok (contradicting myself...) that's bullshit.

Edited by Lloyd, 26 January 2007 - 04:23 PM.

• woofenskid%s's Photo
    Well, since anything i attempt to say in a logical sense gets buttfucked, no.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    So swearing like that is logical?
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    Edit. forget it. The swearing was stupid, i apologize.

Edited by woofenskid, 26 January 2007 - 04:31 PM.

• super rich%s's Photo
    Ok i think we got the idea from most of you and your opinions and weve taken that into account and are trying to get the forum back as soon as we can.
  • Metropole%s's Photo

This is going to be bad. I'm relatively new, and i get fairly pissed at the attitude and anger, the fighting and the bs on a website that is about a game.

Right, not really sure where you are coming from. If anyone seriously gets that angered by this website, then something is desperately wrong in their life. Most is just debate and stuff, which is pretty fun to do, as long as you don't take it seriously and hold stupid grudges or something (like some people do)

A stupid game, folks, that most of us newer generation try to hide from people. god, if i came out and told my freinds this is what i did all the time, they would disown me, after beating me to death with my monitor.

O....k. It's a game right? Who cares if that's what you enjoy doing? Man, are these guys your friends? My mates know I play RCT2 a lot...big deal. Sorry if that makes me "uncool". And RCT is not a stupid game :)

The reaction to this has been bs. the guy didn't want to embarrass himself, so he lied. No big deal, i'm willing to bet that we have ALL done this at some point it time, haven't we?

Fair enough, he made a wrong decision, and lied and that pissed people off more than they already would be. But it could be seen that he doesn't actually care about the members at the site enough to actually give a shit and tell people what gonna happen, or bring up the issue for discussion or something. He did it, totally out of nowhere, tried to pretend that it was a mistake, and now has pinned the blame on his mum. It just shows a total lack of respect to many of the people on this forum, in my opinion.

Not only is Kumba new at this, but he's got verny little support from you people. What you don't realize is that without people like him, NE wouldn't exist, it would have long since gone defunct like many other rct sites.

In a way, that is a fair point, and I 100% agree that Kumba has been an asset to the site, and know he's put a lot of work in, and has great intensions. But I feel your arguement is totally irrelevant. Perhaps NE would have gone defunct without him, but that doesn't mean that people can't be upset if a mistake is made (or not in this case) which is a detriment to the site. As an extreme example, if a guy saves a woman from drowning, then walks down the street and massacres 1000 people, you can't say "get off his back, that woman wouldn't be alive if he hadn't helped her, so he's forgiven for that mass murder". Obviously a total extreme and a ridiculous tangent. I just wanted to add in a stupid analogy to the post

the music forum is not that big of a loss! it's a MUSIC forum, for god's sake, and if you have that much of a problem with it being gone, that you wan tto leave, then by all accounts, hit the road, becuase it will get rid of at least some of the stupid crap.

A pretty ridiculous comment in itself, but I think I covered this in my previous post. Just because it's not that much of a loss to you, many people really enjoy using it

if all you're hanging around the site for is the music forum, then why not just go to a site dedicated to music? wouldn't that be easier? or would you go there and throw a fit becuase there's no RCT forum there?

I hope you're not making the vast assumption that all who are arguing that the loss of the music forum is a detriment to site use that forum only. The point is that many people like to have a diverse set of forums here, and people know a lot of people in here, it's a pretty tight knit community. Perhaps...just perhaps, people like to discuss and share music with people they have got to know (as far as the internet goes)
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    This is all starting to get a little ridiculous.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    Quite.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Interesting how everyone reacted so condescendingly to the supposed immaturity of Darren following his mom's request, yet in doing so about five people proved themselves to be way more immature. Why don't we give him a fucking break.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Who thinks we should all just shut up? The old Music forum is gone but another one will be back soon, so let's stop bitching and act like all this never happened. Soon enough, people will shut up, Mantis will hopefully be back, and it'll be back to normal. I personally want to apologize to Kumba for having to go through all these insults because of something he was forced to do, and as this website's owner he deserves respect even though he's new.

I expect blamming to engage immediatly. Also expect blamming for that...
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Im lost tho... is the real reason mantis was here because of the music fourm? oh, well. Right now i have a bowl of pop corn and am enjoying this topic.
    -JDP
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Yeah, that was it. Mantis was the elder statesman of the Music Forum, that was about all he ever contributed really.
  • John%s's Photo
    If this is the route discussion at New Element, we're in for a shitty ride.
  • Regulatin%s's Photo
    How about you all just shut the fuck up. :o
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Why would you try to disable links in the music forum when you could just delete behind the counter?
  • super rich%s's Photo
    OR WE COULD JUST SHUT UP BY TOPIC FINISHING.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    topic finishing? :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading