Music Forum / Instrument.

• Ride6%s's Photo
    That Tele is the shit dude. Maple neck + black body & pickgaurd + chrome hardware = me creaming pants. It looks bad ass in the least "metal" way possible.

8)

Ride6
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

By the way, please tell me you aren't on screamer lead.

http://www.jibjab.com/view/38662
    This is why America O'Canada died.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Does anybody have experience with a Korg Synthesizer?
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    I have an X50. It has a lot of options but is a bit daunting to learn. Works excellent as a Midi Controller on top of the whole synth thing.

If you want something that is easier to figure out, go with the Micro Korg. A friend has one. It's pretty fucking awesome. Wish it had normal sized keys though.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I bought an N364 a few days ago.
    I don't know many options yet, but i'm already very happy with it!

Thanks voor your reply however. :)
  • Nokia%s's Photo

going to interrupt you guys, here. i was bored.

Posted Image

thats a lot of flair on that gutiar strap
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    "You know the Nazis had flair that they made the jews wair..."

Ride6
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Yeah, I had a bunch of buttons from shows that I went to, and I have nothing to do with them so I put them on my strap. Russell from Bloc Party does the same thing, I think.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Well since Russell does it...

8)

Ride6
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Does anyone know a cheap, simple but still versatile starting synth? I've been pretty interested and my keyboard only has one good sound. Also, I don't undertand any of that MIDI stuff, so I'd rather it be one that makes it's own sound.

Edited by Dr_Dude, 03 May 2008 - 12:45 PM.

• Steve%s's Photo
    micro korg. goes for around $400, i think. i use one in my band and the only thing i don't like about it is the keys are on the small side.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    There's a mail in rebate offer going on the version above the Micro Korg at musiciansfriend.com. It'd be $450 after that. It comes with a better vocorder mic and bigger keys.

http://www.musicians...izer?sku=701819
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    So basically my Crate RFX-120 started giving me massive shit (breaking up/cutting out). After the repair bill back in December and the new speakers:
    Posted Image

I decided it wasn't worth the money to have it fixed again (Being a huge solid state it's lost value faster than used SUVs with $4 a gallon gas). Since I have some degree of bullshit electrical experience I dove in and repaired it myself: 4 times in 4 days; each time in broke in less than 1/3 of the time that it took to make the repairs... Finally I tore in, drilling a fresh hole in the circuit board, scratching down to the conductor with an xacto knife: the works. I have it up and running again but it had pissed me off a few too many times and thanks to luck (the local guitar center had a used Fender Twin Amp- my favorite combo amp model of all that I've ever played) and a job I shelled out the $795 and bought this:

Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

An Evil Twin...

It was scaring me with hum and high-pitch resonance at first but then I re-biased and re-balanced the tubes and now it sings. The Crate will be staying in my drummers garage for the rest of the summer, so unless I have another fantastic breakdown this will be staying home and safe... I might just have to use it for gigs though... Might.

Ride6
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    dude. nice. why the hell would you not use it for gigs? are you honestly that rough on shit at gigs to be worried? it's going to sound a zillion times better than that crate... unless you're going to borrow someone else's amp, that'd make sense.

I wish my friend would replace his speakers on his Fender Amp. They've been a bit fuzzed out since he's got this amp (it's from the 70s), but they're more or less are finally shot. He just bought a nice cab to use with it though.

Posted Image
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    *Pro Reverb*

Drool...

Pro series amps are quite sought after... But good speakers are important. I'm pretty rough on things but it's more the travel. I think it was all the bouncing up and down in my trunk that killed the Crate...

Once I get a properly padded travel case for this thing it'll be on the go all the time. Right now I could barely afford it, let alone a case for it.

Ride6
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    not enough room in the cab to protect the baby?
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    I got a '98 BC Rich Mockingbird for my 40th birthday. It's got a Floyd Rose on it. Also traded in all my big amps for a Vox DA5.

Posted Image
  • sixflagsfreak56%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Heres me right after purchasing my baby, a Gibson Les Paul Classic in Honey Burst. I also have a Schecter, a Yamaha 12-string acoustic guitar, and a Mitchell 6-string acoustic guitar. The acoustics were given to me from my uncle after he passed away.

My lineup:

-Gibson Les Paul Classic
    -Schecter
    -Yamaha 12-string acoustic
    -Mitchell 6-string acoustic
    -Marshall 30, 15, and 10 watt amps
    -Cry Baby Wah Wah Pedal
    -Digitech Whammy Pedal
    -Two Digitech RP50s
    -Banshee Talk Box

I want to get the Boss Digital Delay 7 as my next pedal, and the Boss Digital Reverb 5 pedal.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

not enough room in the cab to protect the baby?

The Twin rides in the back seat, sitting upright, belted in (top heavy, it'd fall if it wasn't). I'm still going to get a proper case for it. I've been using the Twin both live and for our practices. The Crate only lasted for about another two weeks before the repairs I made came undone again. I'll try to get it put back together here soon. It's useful to leave it at the drummer's house for practice so I don't have to lug it's 55 pounds (or the Twin's 85 pounds) around.

Nice 'Paul by the way sixflagsfreak56... Though I must say I fear those Marshall amps you're referring to are MG or AVT (double barf, barf, respectively) series. If they are I'd recommend making your next investment a real Marshall (DSL, JCM, JVM, Bluesbreaker, Vintage-Modern) if those are your thing. If you're willing to get close a Traynor would probably be your best option...

Anyway... /rant

Ride6
  • rK_%s's Photo
    anyone mess with any programs like reason or FL?

im probablly the only one here whos got an MP :'(

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading