Music Forum / Instrument.

• MF72 %s's Photo
    My instruments:
    Posted Image
    Rock Band, for those that don't know. :kumbasgreen:
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    ^Loads of fun but not nearly as rewarding as any of the real things.

Ride6
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    I know, but I'm too poor to buy any real instrument. lol I do have a guitar, but...sadly it is a horrible piece of crap. :)
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    The first one is an Ibanez I think?

Very cool guitars. :)

Oh, yeah, I have a question: is a standard fender telecaster better than a stratocaster one?

I'm asking this because I'm going to have my first electric guitar (well, I have an acoustic one on which I can play decent songs, but it doesn't really suit my style of music and it just sucks I think). I like to play classic rock (led zep) and a little of blues...

Oh, I don't have a lot of money but any electric guitar in the range of 350-450$ is fine.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo

Oh, yeah, I have a question: is a standard fender telecaster better than a stratocaster one?

Two different guitars that should not be compared. You could argue the case for either.
  • ekimmel%s's Photo

The first one is an Ibanez I think?

Very cool guitars. :)

I'm asking this because I'm going to have my first electric guitar (well, I have an acoustic one on which I can play decent songs, but it doesn't really suit my style of music and it just sucks I think). I like to play classic rock (led zep) and a little of blues...

Oh, I don't have a lot of money but any electric guitar in the range of 350-450$ is fine.

Get this one. I have a couple friends that have one and it's a fantastic value.

http://www.guitarcen...874-i1370112.gc
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Nope, the first one is an Epiphone SG 2006 Special Edition Custom ^^
    The second is an Ibanez. Don't know the whole name, though.
    I bought the SG in the US when I was in Wisconsin in April. It was about $400 as far as I can remember. Pretty good deal, a hardcase, a strap and several picks where included ;)
  • Steve%s's Photo
    lucas:
    Personally, I would go for the Telecaster. Even though Strats are good guitars, I find the tele to be far more versatile and to be more attractive. I use a standard tele, and I love it. Wine red with a black pickguard. It's gorgeous and sounds excellent. Keep in mind too that a good amp is just as important as your guitar.

mifune:
    I love that SG. Personally I can't stand them (my friend has an entirely black one and I think it's horrid), but there is something very attractive about yours.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    IMO the best guitar under $400 is the Eastwood P-90 Special. I have one in yellow that I use in combo with a custom Tele that has a stratocaster neck and s/h pickup setup. But it all depends on what sound you want two p-90s will sound different than 2 humbucker or even 3 singles.

http://www.eastwoodg...Special_frm.htm
  • twister12%s's Photo
    hey guys! i have not been in here for so long, and im a musician now, so i might as well post updates of my kit...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

p.s. no more sky cymbals! :tongue:
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    you can get an ibanez artcore semi-hollowbody with humbuckers for cheaper than $400. they're pretty nice.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    how does that china sound?? i always liked sabians more, but that's mostly because of the few ziljians i've heard most were these horrible china kang things that sounded like what you would get when you crossed ass with a cooking pot lid.

it's interesting you went hand hammered on the hats and not the crash or china and that you replaced those before you replaced the ride (or have you?). i went ride, crash, crash, hi hats, china, ride

speaking of that last ride, i got it this month and got a fucking sweet deal on it: $200 new for a 22" crash/ride that sounds kind of like an old played in k. never heard of this brand before, but they're worth looking into (dream cymbals, they're made in wuhan china and i think are relatively new). i bought it because me and my friend were recording at his co-worker's pool house in l.a. and the ride for the set they had there (a cast bronze ping ride) would not work with the way i play. i tried out a lot of different cymbals and it beat out a 24" K, 2 22" K custom dry lights, a 22" HH manhattan ride and quite a few others--it had better combination of stick definition, complexity, and crash sound in my oppinion. check it (website):

http://www.dreamcymb...com/contact.php

and sound clip from website of what i have (only mine sounds way better, is darker, and has slightly less undertones):

• twister12%s's Photo
    yah ive heard of dream cymbals. apparantly they are becoming popular among jazz drummers who are looking for that sound at an insanely cheap price. about my ride, i dont mind it right now. ill eventually save up for a zildjian 22" k ride, but a piece of moongel on the edge, and the zbt gets pretty versatile. maybe its because of all of the patina thats built up from not cleaning it.

also, i love my china. its kind of a blend between a smooth sound and a trashy sound. if you want to hear a decent demo, check out the drummer gavin harrison...spefically in this video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qN25WDIBBk0

unfortunately, my china fell off a cabinet in my garage while not in use and it has a huge crack along the side, so :'(

Edited by twister12, 30 August 2008 - 01:47 AM.

• lucas92%s's Photo
    I finally got my first electric guitar! It's a Fender Deluxe Mexican Stratocaster. I'll post a picture of it later... :p

Oh, that's that one guitar:
    http://www.guitarcen...597-i1147164.gc

Edited by lucas92, 13 September 2008 - 08:21 AM.

• lucas92%s's Photo
    Damn, I just have broken my high E string. :(
    Maybe I bend too much... I hope replacing a string doesn't cost a lot...
  • trav%s's Photo
    Well, a pack of 6 new strings costs about £5, and then just replace it yourself. It's not difficult.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Yeah you're supposed to change them once a month.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    you're supposed to change them when they start to sound shitty or break, but you should always have a set of strings already before either happen.
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    When you replace them put on some heavier gauge strings. Strats come with 9's but they sound a lot better with 10's. Don't get cheap strings like Ernie Ball Slinky's. Cheap strings will stretch stretch stretch for a week then sound shitty.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading